TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Points Coasters

I heard today that Cedar Point was just interested in having the most roller coasters in the world and they don't care about the quality of coasters. I think he was stupid! The 16 coasters at Cedar Point are well cared for and most of them kick ass. They just don't buy cheap roller coasters and scatter them wherever they want. Unlike SFMM, Cedar Point has high quality thrill coasters that are perfect for Thrill Seekers. SFMM I think went with Quanity over Quality. Cedar Point has record breaking coasters that are pretty cool. What do you think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Point has a good balance of coasters. There's a coaster for everyone, so to speak. You've got kiddie coasters, woodies, steel, etc. I think there's at least one coaster everyone can and will ride at Cedar Point.

I heard today that Cedar Point was just interested in having the most roller coasters in the world and they don't care about the quality of coasters. I think he was stupid! The 16 coasters at Cedar Point are well cared for and most of them kick ass. They just don't buy cheap roller coasters and scatter them wherever they want. Unlike SFMM, Cedar Point has high quality thrill coasters that are perfect for Thrill Seekers. SFMM I think went with Quanity over Quality. Cedar Point has record breaking coasters that are pretty cool. What do you think?

No offense, but it sounds like you're just being a CP fan... SFMM has good roller coasters, too. Since when did SFMM started buying cheap coasters?

4D, Stand-up, Inverted, Suspended, 2 Wooden, 2 Kiddies, Mine Train, Schwarkopf Looping, Flying (soon), GIB, Multi-Looping, Reverse Freefall, Hyper... Doesn't look like a bad combination to me.

Edited by COOOOLkid

CP, IMO has a better selection of coasters than SFMM does, although I will say that none of CP's coasters appear in any of my "A" list.

They have a solid collection of "B" and "C" grade coasters, which is better than most parks in the US, but nothing that is an "A", at least not compared to the others on my list.

I think a lot of CP's coasters, while not bad, are overrated.

--Robb "SFMM is quantity over quality" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ I am not trying to be negative about SFMM. I forgot to actually say that he aslo said that Cedar Point will never be like SFMM. I just think that Cedar Point has better coasters than SFMM. I actually like SFMM but I have more fun at Cedar Point.

* SFMM is quality over Quanity like Robb says.

Since when are roller coasters supposed to have a point? If they do have a point it is to lose you mind and have fun which you just said seem fun. Also 0-120 mph in 4.2 seconds nothing special? 80 degree drop which is probably the best drop on a coaster imo nothing special?

Robbie"Ok,im a CP fanboy so what"Milburn

^ I have to agree. Personally I felt that TTD was WAY overhyped. I far prefer Xcelerator, Kanonen, and Storm Runner over TTD. All it does it go up and go down really fast and really high, then it's all over. Xcelerator goes up and goes down really fast and really high, and at least it has more to it.

--Robb "Might not be as fast or as high, but does that REALLY matter?" Alvey

I think Cedar Point is a lot more than just coasters which is what makes it so great to visit - they do lack a great wood coaster, and a hyper of the quality of Ride of Steel at SFNE (even though they have two very good ones). They don't have a floorless or flyer but I am not real broke up about that.

SFMM, I found wasn't particularly pleasant place to visit, they have one ride I consider exceptional in X (which valleyed the day I was there I presume bvefore opening), one that is good in Deja Vu, and Batman and Riddler's aren't bad but the rest are just blah. Goliath is a big disappointment. I'd rather be at Knott's.

SFMM, I found wasn't particularly pleasant place to visit, they have one ride I consider exceptional in X (which valleyed the day I was there I presume bvefore opening), one that is good in Deja Vu, and Batman and Riddler's aren't bad but the rest are just blah. Goliath is a big disappointment. I'd rather be at Knott's.

Well said....except for the last part!

--Robb "Would rather be at a park outside of So Cal!" Alvey

hey, now, i love SFMM, i dont think there rides lack quality at all, except maybe psyclone, (earthqauke, bad trains) and flashback (wasn't theirs in the first place)

i find all their rides great, i love everything including revoultion, ninja, and goldrusher. (X is my all time favorite)

it looks as if robb just says SFMM is 'quanity over quality' because he doesnt like some rides that most people love (X, Deja Vu, Goliath)

it seems, to me, anyway, that they just have more variety then CP, who has three wooden, two launched, and two "hypers",(i know, technically, MF is a 'giga' but the ride experience is the same, more or less)

i am, in no way putting down CP though, heck, i'm gonna be making my first trip up there next year.

CP, IMO has a better selection of coasters than SFMM does, although I will say that none of CP's coasters appear in any of my "A" list.

They have a solid collection of "B" and "C" grade coasters, which is better than most parks in the US, but nothing that is an "A", at least not compared to the others on my list.

--Robb "SFMM is quantity over quality" Alvey

so your saying Millenium Force isnt on your A-list? Guess I have much lower standards than you. Oh well, havent been on Goliath (WW) or EGF, so I suppose you have a point.

Anyway, I havent been to that many parks (PKI, CP, HP, SFKK, SFFT, SDC, IOA, Mt. Olympus and maybe a few I'm forgetting), but Cedar Point has the best steel coasters I have ever ridden (well, aside from Vortex and StormRunner)....Theyre woodies can use some work, though I love Blue Streak. Just my 2 cents...

I think that Cedar Point has better quality rides over SFMM but same thing for SFMM they have some good quality coasters over Cedar Point. Someone compare Mantis Vs. Riddlers Revenge, Dragster Vs. Superman Escape, Goliath Vs. Millinium Force, Ninja Vs. Iron Dragon.

Mantis Vs. Riddlers Revenge

Riddler - Smoother, Bigger and Better

Dragster Vs. Superman Escape

Dragster - At least it is a coaster

Goliath Vs. Millinium Force

Millinium Force - The restraints and trains give a much more freedom filled ride.

Ninja Vs. Iron Dragon

Ninja - Iron Dragon may be the worst coaster at CP

I like CP and everything but they are a bit quanity over quality I think. Even my GP friends think that MF was just built for height and "forgot to put a good coaster after it". Wicked Twister, allthough a fun coaster, was just a cheap, filler coaster to keep the record. I fell the same about SFMM, which is even worse on the subject.

If none of the coasters at Cedar Point are on your 'A' list, then what exactly constitutes your 'A' list out of curiosity? I know Magnum is getting old (but i still love it!) and Dragster is a one trick Pony, but Raptor is the best inverted I've ever been on (kicks the shit out of Montu and Alpengiest), and Millennium Force is a prety good ride not my favorite but that first drop rocks. So what is your A list?

If CP were only interested in Quantity, they'd put in a Mouse, Toboggan, or spend a few bucks buying used coasters from Ital Int to build up huge coaster counts.

Besides, look at what they spent on TTD alone. They could've purchased probibly 5-7 used coasters for that much.

They've got a great Balance. Heck, I still love the Mine Ride.

If CP were only interested in Quantity, they'd put in a Mouse, Toboggan, or spend a few bucks buying used coasters from Ital Int to build up huge coaster counts.

Besides, look at what they spent on TTD alone. They could've purchased probibly 5-7 used coasters for that much.

They've got a great Balance. Heck, I still love the Mine Ride.

Good point.

Wow, good thing I read this first because I was going to post pretty much the same exact thing

- Joe, who thanks Robb for making it easier to just quote him than to write all of that

There are only two coasters at CP that I feel is better then what SFMM has and that's MF and TTD other then that I'll take SFMM coasters over CP anyday. If anything IMO I feel SFGADv has the best line up of coasters outta CP and SFMM.

Also Rob not trying to sound rude or anything but I just have to ask...Why do you live in So.Cal if you like nothing about it. You seam to not like the state nor any of it's amusement parks so why are you here. Seams to me you'd be happier somewhere on the eastcoast or over seas. I'm not trying to be rude or get on your bad side I'm just asking

It just reminds me of the SFMM bashers that claim to hate the park so much, the park is such a hell hole, etc, etc, but yet they keep going back ...why if it'so bad.. why do you keep going back.