TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tilt Coaster!?!?!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ride it (after my significant-other would make me sign the life insurance policy). In fact, I would go one step further and say "MAKE IT A HYPER-VERSION! Wheeee!

At the current state, the drop would be the best bet, by far. I believe if a park wanted to expand on the concept they could add a larger-type boomerang-element and then a vertical loop and/or sidewinder element. Then, it may become a good attraction.

• 2 months later...

The part when the track is tilting just seems a little shifty to me. What's to stop the train from letting loose and spilling out all over the pavement in front of the tilt? Is Vekoma just trying to kill people now?

boo, crappy vekoma concepts

HOORAY, BEER!!!

I'm gonna have to go with Derek on this one. There are three rides I can think of in the world I WON'T ride and this is one of them.

I'm sorry but I've heard the phrase "catastrophic fail-safe malfunction" too many times to go on this ride.

Im sure ive heard the words "Catastrophic Engine Failure" more times and you'll have to fly to get to taiwan . an interesting quirk in human nature. my girlfriend will always get in a car with my friends yet wont ride some rides because they look dangerous. "Familiarity breeds fimiliarity" or something like that...

Okay people. Look at X-Scream on the Stratosphere tower. Its kindof like the same concept. What if the breaks failed on X-Scream and the riders went plummeting to their deaths 800 feet off the ground?

It COULD happen, but think about how much MORE danger you're in when driving in you're car to the supermarket. Car crashes happen every day- and we still drive in them without fear.

That being said, I would still never ride a tilt coaster, or a thrill-lift. Reasons?

A: Seems more like a Gimmick than anything...

B: Even saying that it's safer than driving a car. I have a habit of changing my mind when anxiety kicks in haha.

Anyway, thanks for reading my "mini-rant" if you did.

-Sean.

You people are totally unjustified in your opinion of the tilt coaster. It is perfectly safe and you're foolish not to ride it for mere anxiety.

Also, I think it looks unsafe and I wouldn't ride it.

-Sean.

Simplified to highlight how you totally killed your own argument

You people are totally unjustified in your opinion of the tilt coaster. It is perfectly safe and you're foolish not to ride it for mere anxiety.

Also, I think it looks unsafe and I wouldn't ride it.

-Sean.

Simplified to highlight how you totally killed your own argument

Hey I didn't really contradict my argument, I'm basically saying I'd know it was safe in the back of my mind, but anxiety kicks in and I get scared of it breaking

like with any rollercoaster design, im pretty sure safety was the top priority. i dont think vekoma would design something like the tilt coaster without ensuring a very large margin of safety, moreso than conventional rollercoasters.

as for the people who have accused vekoma of not being creative enough to come up with a dive machine, i have to say, this is leaps and bounds beyond the dive machine concept. its visually daunting to the rider as well as the bystander and would probably make any of us or someone of the GP say "holy cr*p" if you saw it in person. there would at least be more appreciation than that of a dive machine...for me anyways.

Okay people. Look at X-Scream on the Stratosphere tower. Its kindof like the same concept. What if the breaks failed on X-Scream and the riders went plummeting to their deaths 800 feet off the ground?

Well, X-Scream isnt supposed to drop the train once it reaches a certain angle.....

Sorry, file size is 12.8 MB and it is .mpg...will only compress to 11.8 MB. Hotmail won't take it. If anyone can host or tell me where to, I'd be happy to do it.

Alan

Or if you are running XP .. run it through Windows Movie Maker in WMV (Windows Media Format) and then upload it to the Video Forum.

I would have been concerned about what would have happened if the tracks didnt line up correctly. There isnt much room for error there, and a slight misalignment could create one hell of a bump. As for the ride being short, I didnt expect anything else...

Yngve "since when was prototype coasters long?" Oestbye