TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

I cant help but giggle at the Pleasure beach marketing strategy.

They get around false advertising laws by not actually lying, but telling half truths instead. Their heights are measured from sea level. Speeds are given in KPH even though MPH is more commonly used in the UK, to make it seem faster (Alton Towers do this one as well).

The sneakiest part in the Infusion blurb is the claim its the tallest and fastest SLC in the UK. Now we know thats not true, the custom SLCs are faster and taller (Jubilee Oddessy and Kumali). Believe it or not, they can legaly get around that because infusion is the tallest and fastest STANDARD SLC in the UK. Its also the only one. lol.

Beggars belief, doesnt it? lol.

oh yeah, forgot odessy but even so, it does only say SLC, not standard... also for anyone not to understand terminology, what is nemesis, its a looping coaster suspended below the track... (i know vekoma and B&M....) but like also, big one msg is tallest fastest steepest in europe... whats silver star... its taller even above sea level, faster and whats oblivion!

and i do like the purple track coaster in the video, i want to ride that one

UPDATE!!!!!!

today was the press launch of infusion to all the papers with tonnes of camera crews too...

i will post up a HUGE HUGE HUGE update of pics, vids and stuff for you all but 1.5Gb of vids to sift through and loads of pics so... but i will say, it made amanda cry coming off it...

It has been on the local radio today that the press had a go, its also supposed to be on TV tonight as well. The official line is that it will be open at the weekend (5th) but I have heard that it may be open tomorrow (Wednesday).

The water jets etc are still running and there are still a few photographers etc there.

How did you manage to get in the park today with the press?????

Looking forward to seeing some photos with people actually riding it.

One bit on the radio today was a girl who had been on it and was saying that she got soaked!!! Smile So it looks like either the water jet timing is out or it is a 'water ride' Smile Not quite a log fume but if you do get a bit wet it will be a better ride I think.

I am looking forward to going on it asap.

Parks will do anything to get their new ride noticed to the outside world.

Infusion is 109ft high, 49.7mph and 2,260ft long. SLC Standard.

BPB says PMBO is 235ft high above "sea-level" really it's 213ft with a 205ft drop so "SilverStar" wins as the Highest coaster in Europe.

Sea-level height does not count and if it did how high would be

"Cliff Hanger" ex "Red Devil" in Ghost Town in the Sky and the "High Roller" in Las Vagas..?

To be honest yes they are bending the rules about highest, fastest etc but I would be very very sad if the Pleasure Beach closed down. So a bit of hype and exaggeration is not really doing any harm.

I just hope we have a good Summer and the park is packed. That way they make more money and have confidence to invest more money and maybe one day they can build the massive out to sea coaster. Now that would be something to brag about

I wish all theme parks round the world a great 2007 so they can keep investing.

unfortunately i didn't get into the park, only to the fence at the site on the road under the park but still some good shots of stuff...

OK, for a start, small thing, some water jets

a camera man

Nick

Amanda

and that's it for pics, noting was very special for pics... but lots of interesting vids.... will be posted at some point as it takes for ever to upload them... so some shots from the vids will be posted first...

Amanda letting her hair down, i mean come on, i know the pleasure beach needs to be advertised but this must be desperate

Amanda's first ride off infusion, looks like shes a bit teary in the eye and seeing as she don't like to ride them, IE to not been on the big one, might mean that this ain't gonna be good? lol, like we don't know that already

the queue line made of show girls and guys all wearing the same clothing and is was used on the news bits on TV... oh yeah, the park was shut so... its closed Mondays and Tuesdays till may 25th

a full train of those actors, and my god, i wonder if they got more money the louder they screamed...

shot of the train through the bridge wall, kinda cool...

passing water jets

and for now, that's it, hope you all enjoy this little snippet of infusion or as the BBC put it, recycling to the next level

Well Infusion is OPEN Nice short que, well it would have only been about 10mins if they hadn't had to reset it.

Well I must say I was a little apprehensive due to people saying that SLC's are very bone shaking and a bit band and crash but it was smooth. I wouldnt say as smooth as silk but it was much smoother than I expected. No real jarring or banging about. This may be due to new cars? But I was very impressed at the ride. Its great, the transition between lovely blue sky and then the water below is great. The water jets didnt seem to get anyone wet but look good. In fact against the blue sky and sunshine they look great. We sat at on the last seats in the car and I was expecting more of a pull down the first drop. They seem not to be running seats on the very last set of wheels for some reason?

The photos dont seem very good, they all seem a bit dark, but maybe they will tweek things and sort it out.

Overall I think its a great addition to the park. It does look so much more modern and dynamic than the log fume. At least they still have a small log fume in the Beaver creak bit.

Its a Great ride even though its a few years old the setting is brillient, there are even fish in the lake.

You all need to ride/ see Infusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today on Telly, The winner of the Press Pack comp was on Newsround - sadly I miss it.

A link of the report is below, I totally laughed at the rateing the kid made thou 11 out of 10.

Also It’s the 2nd most expensive ride at Blackpool with Tickets, £7 for a SLC lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6610000/newsid_6611100/6611139.stm

I looked forward to tickin this off, this coming weekend

They seem not to be running seats on the very last set of wheels for some reason?

All the SLC have that. But I really don't know why.

Maybe to get it over some parts?... It's happened at a local (crap) theme park. They needed to load cement in the front 10 or 12 seats to get it over a certain point. Now they have to load from the front back...

I saw the ride on Newsround this morning while waiting for school and it looks pretty good. The kids crapping his pants though! I noticed his head thump the bar going through the twisty loopy part... It looked painful

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!! I AM FURIOUS WITH SOME RIDE OPS UP THERE, THEY ARE SO IGNORANT AND SELF OBSESED!!! GETTING TOLD I COULDNT STAND ON THE PATH BY THE HALF LOOP TO GET SOME PHOTOS, NEVER GOT A REASON AAGGGH, HATE THEM.... AND THEN AT THE END OF THE DAY, GOT THE LAST RIDE OF GRAND NATIONAL AND WAS WITH 2 OTHER PEOPLE, ONE WENT ONE WAY AND I WITH THE OTHER WENT THE OTHER, BUT I GET SHOUTED AT TO GET THE OTHER SIDE AND TRY TO MAKE ME SIT SEPRATE, I SAY IM WITH SOMEONE AND THEN IM IN THE WRONG AND ABUSIVE TO THE STAFF WHICH THEY SHOULDNT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH, AND THEY COULD HAVE ME REMOVED FROM THE RIDE!!!!!! HATE THE ****** ******* ***** THAT WORK THERE, SO ******* AAAAAGGGGGGGGGH

Right, now after that... I bring you

Yep, infusion opened today indeed and with all the hype of new stories, I think Amanda was wanting a much bigger turn out. Park opened at 12 but they said infusion weren’t gonna open till 12:30 which is fair enough but it was then that some fool tried to run 2 trains to quick and caused the computer to crash so took one off and opened at 1... which was the limit of the day.

So as I got there, the shop was open at the top with the roller shutters down.

How busy?

oh and by the way, the reason everyone is at these points is the fact that all the major rides (big one, Valhalla, grand national) were shut to force the small number of people to ride this, oh yeah which you also had to pay extra for on the band. you could only get to ride it if you book online for £17.50 over the normal £12.50 online discount, and if you didn’t get the online band a £5 boarding card had to be bought to get on unless season pass holders or seven tickets....

And all those queuing, they were waiting to get onto the newly themed (bunged a few plat posts along the side) queue line

Inside the shop, one stand with...

Once down the steps, you also get to see some extra stuff that wasn’t visible before...

FISH

The station waits, looked ok but not anything very special

Once boarded the train, you’ll see

Now onto the ride, loads of shots to get you wanting more and trust me, there will be once you read all this thread

There are all the pics that I took at

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/coaster-inc/new%20lot/ if u want to check them out...

so a nice lot of pics from its first public outing, in my opinion, it’s just the same as traumatizer was, only a shorter track and quicker time round but it’s NOT traumatizer (standard SLC) it is a lot shorter, smooth, loads more of near misses on the supports, if the winds right or wrong whichever way you see it, you do get wet on the jets... overall it really isn’t anything to get excited about so don’t get ya hopes up...

And like I said, there was something really good for you at the end and I’m a man of my words, TWO VIDS, off ride and ONRIDE!!! So for all those that can’t get to it, here you are (quality is due to using snapper cam rather than video...) :-

RMOV0047.AVI

ONRIDE

RMOV0018.AVI

offride

yeah, oh and i remembered a couple of other things about infusion

1. the trains are sparkly, the covers are impregnated with glitter, looks nice with the glistening sun on the water.

2. in the station, there is a voice over MSG for when the train is loading... (ill get a recording soon) but two things stick out for me, the first is "you'll experience 33g's" yeah, that would make me over 600 stone and dead... the other is they have actually used the launch of Rita (revving engines and scream) as a sound effect but slowed it down to sound like thunder i guess but it totally is Rita! also on the voice over it says "all recording equipment is strictly prohibited" what a load of crappy nonsense.

3. some of the water jets on the supports have already been turned off coz of the angle they project water, it gets blown back onto the walkway and soaking all that pass it, so now they are off...

4. Amanda was in the station on the first launch and when i got off, 2 guys actually walked up to her and said "can we shake your hand, you've done an excellent job with this" but it was the face on Amanda, it was like "omg, dirt, disease, UNCLEAN!!!" and she begrudgingly shook their hands.

Thanks for the nice photos.

also on the voice over it says "all recording equipment is strictly prohibited" what a load of crappy nonsense.

If that's what it said how did you get the on ride video?

so a nice lot of pics from its first public outing, in my opinion, it’s just the same as traumatizer was, only a shorter track and quicker time round but it’s NOT traumatizer (standard SLC) it is a lot shorter, smooth, loads more of near misses on the supports, if the winds right or wrong whichever way you see it, you do get wet on the jets... overall it really isn’t anything to get excited about so don’t get ya hopes up...

Can you explain better what you mean by this? It obviously IS Traumatizer, are you saying it feels like a different ride? I don't get what you're trying to say.

video was taken by having it up my sleeve and taking it out on the pull up as there are no cams on this ride at all bar the photo...

and it isn't traumatizer, i know everyone says it is but its not, its to shorter track, more twisted up to fit it into its smaller space, yes it has the same 5 loops but there are fundamental track differences that had to be made to make it fit...

First of all, you shouldn't really be posting videos here that have clearly broken park rules.

Secondly, Infusion is completely 100% Traumatizer, in every way imaginable. It's a standard SLC model so there's only one size it can be. Maybe it just seems shorter now but it's the exact same ride.

Interesting. I must admit that I didnt go on Tramatizer at Southport but when it was being constructed by 'Ride Construction' one of the workers told me that it took them 2 weeks to take down and two weeks to put back up. I then asked if he had worked in Southport dismantling it and he had. He said that it was exactly the same track that came from Southport with support modifications only. Plus the paint job.

It would appear that the Log fume site is actually a fair bit longer than Infusion actually needed so if it is shorter it must be width wise that they made changes as they have the space to make it a longer footprint.

The extra log fume space is at the South end of Infusion and seems as if this dead space as it would be difficult to actually get to from the park. The train, Big Dipper, and Pepsi Max are in the way.

But who knows they may have a plan? Maybe its space for the over the sea rocket coaster for 2010

all parks say not to take cams on coz of health and safety blah blah blah, it was a secure item and thats all i cared about... no park will just say "please take camras onto the ride" would be good if they did though...

and it is not traumatizer! yes, most is but for a start off, why would there be a piece of track still in the parking lot out the back? its a tighter track now, even just by looking at trauma pics, for a start the end bit after the inlines going to brakes is different, the brake runs are shorter, the brake runs are at a steeper angle, even two onride videos (trauma and infus) running at the same time shows its different...

go ride it and you will see its not the same but is just as boring.

edit:

poped up today, ever less people that yesterday, no queue what so ever, more rides shut though... and for cams on infusion, asked rid op who said "you drop it, your fault", they dont actually care about it...

I was planning a day-trip down there this Saturday. Considering how many rides seem to be closed, I might give it a miss until later. Though I do think it could be busier over the weekend, considering its the may holiday. Midweek would be quieter as its not holiday season yet.

yeah, i dont bother with weekends coz of how busy... and the ride situ is only like it is now coz of amnda wanting everyone to go on infusion, if all thr rides were open, thed be no queues for anythin what so ever... so i would think all will be open at the weekend...

lol, im sorry, but this is really anoying me! Infusion is the exact same ride as it was in southport, all the track including the brake runs and station is exactally the same. The track sections have not been modified at all due to the space. They were very lucky that it fit mind you! The only difference is two of the supports just before the brake run are in different places to where they where at Southport, this is due to the route of the Pleasure Beach express. The supports in question are connected to the same point on the track that they where origionally by means of a steel beam that connects both supports to one another, and then to the origional pad on the track section.

^ Thank you! I didn't bother replying to coaster-inc earlier because it's such a pointless argument. Infusion is the exact same ride as Traumatizer, the only thing that was modified is a couple of the supports.

Think I may try and take a trip down to Blackpool towards the end of the month.

Just to clarify. The piece of track left on the carpark is actually a peice of old Big One track that was removed when the ride was modified in 1997. The section was used as the backing for the main Traumatizer sign at southport, but as yet has not been used for the same purpose at blackpool. The fact that its been painted "infusion blue" may mean they plan to use it in the near future, but who knows.

Here is a picture of the Traumatizer sign. Its easy to see the big one section which the sign is mounted to. http://www.ukrides.info/col/pleasureland/tizerd.JPG

all parks say not to take cams on coz of health and safety blah blah blah, it was a secure item and thats all i cared about... no park will just say "please take camras onto the ride" would be good if they did though...

I have never truly understood why coaster enthusiasts think they are better able to hold on to a camera than a regular person, hence making them above the rules in terms of being able to film on rides

• 1 month later...

Went to Blackpool on Wednesday and turns out it was the "grand opening" of Infusion.Aint it been open for ages???lol.But the thing is i had to que longer to get on the pepsi max big one than to get on infusion.Met Vernon Kay tho so its all good lol