TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

I believe the trains have simply been repainted. The wheels are all old, vekoma's new wheels dont have spokes, why do i know that Maybe the covers will be new, im not sure, but the wheel bogies, seats, restraint mechanism's and main body of the trains, i should emagine will all be the origionals.

They still seems to be 8 cars long also, the ride has always had space in the station for ten, but costs resulted in them only buying 8 cars per train.

UPDATE, well more of just a "keep ya goin teaser"

there are 44 photos on the photobucket folder, and takes so long to place them all on here so ill let you have a free rome about through them... hope you all enjoy...

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/coaster-inc/NEW%20TEASER/

not to much longer to wait, maybe a month or 2, seeing as the site just sais planned to open sping, so got till june to really open it, lol....

Very nice pictures, coaster-inc. You've found some great spots to point a camera at - looks like there a quite a few of new signature shots. I'm really surprised to see so many some great alignments with PMBO and Big Dipper .. didn't think they would work out as well as they do.

Oh, and are those water jets sticking out of the turquoise pool, I wonder?

UPDATE, well more of just a "keep ya goin teaser"

there are 44 photos on the photobucket folder, and takes so long to place them all on here so ill let you have a free rome about through them... hope you all enjoy...

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/coaster-inc/NEW%20TEASER/

not to much longer to wait, maybe a month or 2, seeing as the site just sais planned to open sping, so got till june to really open it, lol....

I do think though that fewer people will see your photos if you just post the link. It's just my opinion, but if you want your work to be seen, the best way is to upload at least a few of them for people to check out.

--Robb "Just a thought..." Alvey

yeah, i was realy busy when potting them on and didnt have time to do them all on this, lol... but i have some time now so heres a few good ones...

whats up with bling?

rollercoaster was open but still with all the scafolding

grand prix having some work done

monorail track missing for entry point

work on the train track route has started

towering shot

the station is coming along but not quite the huge blue thing the artwork showed...

steps for the queue line

watching section

photo shop section in the new building

entrance to the steps, i assume will have zigzag sections put in soon

hut down near big dipper houses these

pathway coming along

the lake

train

from end of park

work still needing to be done on storege shed

and the last pic is unfortunatly a fake... i wanted to get this shot but avalanch was not open and the likly hood of getting the other 3 all at the same time would have taken for ever if it would ever have come at all... plus i dont have photohshop so paint will have to do, lol.....

few more update pics, and a fideo showing what its like to go past infusion when on the big one...

and this is only a thing about the new roof work going on at grand prix...

oh and i had a word with Nick thompson the other day and he said that infusion WILL NOT be open for easter but soon to be after for soft openings but probly wont really open till some time in may...

^ good video, thanks. I really liked PMBO when i rode it but what i hate about it is how badly it dies after the mcbr. It's bordering on dull from after the first drop, but the mcbr kills it.

Infusion looks ... alright.

It looks like a fun coaster, and im sure it will be one of the better SLC's due to how close it is to everything and it looks very sheltered by the Big One which will mean there will be a bit less wind resistant and a faster ride . But i not a big fan of the station at the moment.

Tp geek

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking like it will be another few weeks before it's open, the 235 Club have their ERT session sometime in the middle of May, so I imagine public opening will be around about then.

It looks like they've still got to do some work with the water effects and station buildings etc. Not long now.

I agree that it's not a great move in the eyes of us enthusiasts but this will be a great addition for the Pleasure Beach. The general public have no idea it's a second hand ride and don't care that it's an SLC. To them it's just an inverted coaster that goes upside down a few times.

Infusion will be hugely popular this year, so while adding the second hand SLC seems like a lack of ambition on the part of the Pleasure Beach it's a good move for them.

I really don't know if I like Infusion or if I hate it. It should have cool effects, and it has the best location for a SLC. However, I really don't like the logo, color scheme, or station. It is great that Blackpool is getting a new coaster, but a floorless coaster similar to Daemon or even an impulse coaster would have been better. I know Blackpool is planning something big for 2010, and considering that this is a cheap coaster(Blackpool owned Pleasureland, so all that is new is the effects), it is decent.

Airtime-how many times did I just contradict myself-&Gravity

I think alot of people overestimate how much money Pleasure beach makes. Yes, it gets 6 million visitors a year, but not all of those are paying customers. I reckon they didnt get a brand new coaster because they simply couldnt afford one yet. There are lots of rides in the park, many of which are pretty old, and cost alot to maintain. I imagine that moving the SLC wasnt exactly cheap either.

Anyway, Im curious about the waterjets peppered around the ride. Are they aimed at the riders or are they aimed more for a close miss? If its the former, I will be convinced that Pleasure beach are trying to make us ill. lol. Would be fun on a hot day though.

I know Blackpool is planning something big for 2010
Uhm... what are they planning? And how do you know? Or is this the "a 500 ft + coaster over the sea rumour"?

Jan - who is certainly not going back to blackpool for Infusion - ster.

I'm actually looking forward to riding Infusion this summer. After my initial dismay, I've come round to the idea that it's new surroundings (especially the close proximity to other rides) and water effects could actually make the previously average Traumatizer rather fun.

And 'Airtime&Gravity', I'd love to know how you know that Blackpool are planning something big for 2010 i.e. sources etc. Personally I won't believe anything until I see it. I think many folk have learnt to be wary to such claims.

I think alot of people overestimate how much money Pleasure beach makes. Yes, it gets 6 million visitors a year, but not all of those are paying customers. I reckon they didnt get a brand new coaster because they simply couldnt afford one yet. There are lots of rides in the park, many of which are pretty old, and cost alot to maintain. I imagine that moving the SLC wasnt exactly cheap either.

Anyway, Im curious about the waterjets peppered around the ride. Are they aimed at the riders or are they aimed more for a close miss?

I read a Interview with Amanda Thompson (think it was on this site) and from what I remember, she said they aren't as rich as people think but they are lucky to have a park as good as they have, (One of the best by miles in England)

As for the water jets, I would of thought they would be a close-miss rather than on the train. (I wouldnt like to be sprayed in the face by a water jet at 40 mph...well...I think I dont)

They proberbly wont be working very often anyway knowing BPB

water jets are looking good at the mo, went up there but duh, no cam.... they seem to be on a computer system that make a sequence play though them, like ripsaw but not controlled and more... "dancy" instead of all the same.

may 18th is the first public TV advert according to Pleasure Beach site and Amanda's London launch lunch... so i would say, no advert till may 18th = not open till after then????

second hand.... yet £8m, anyone got the know of how much a new one costs, coz that seems a lot for something that she already owns, unless there's £8m of concrete and effects

2010 coaster is an odd rumor as its been flying around for ages but seeing as, rest his great soul, Geoffrey did pay to have to see defence wall super strengthened for his prize project of the first land-sea-land coaster and clame back the tallest and fastest...

The water jets do look good. There are 2 sets of jets, I only saw 1 set running this afternoon. The second set are at the same end as the first but they are high up and point in and up on one of the horizontal loops.

On another point, I spoke to a contractor who said that the press are attending Infusion on Tuesday 1st May and that he expected the ride to be open on Wednesday 2nd May!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed.

I will pop round first thing Wednesday morning and give an update!!

It does seem to be looking good from the photos I've seen. Im going to try get down for a day the weekend after next. It will likely be very busy though, what with it being the May holiday and all.

The 2010 thing has been doing the rounds for so long now. Its unlikely they can build too high that close to the airport. The CAA will have something to say about it I imagine. I dont think they will be breaking any height records even if they do produce a big project for 2010.