TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texans! Travel Channel Needs YOU!!!

UPDATE! Travel Channel is now looking for rides 16+ for the filming. So if you are over the age of 35, you're GOOD TO GO!

Filming has now been extended to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, March 7th, 8th, & 9th. So if you're able to attend the filming, please follow the directions below.

Travel Channel is looking for riders for a show they are filming on March 7th, 8th & 9th at Six Flags Over Texas, but please READ this entire post as they are looking to cast specific people!

They will be filming on a number of different coasters so be prepared to ride a lot!

They are looking for people who are:

- Ages of 16 and older (younger, the better, however everyone should be over the age of 16)

- A good mix of men and women

- People who like to ride coasters a lot

- People who love extreme rides with lots of G-Forces (Shock Wave being one of them!)

- A mix of heights - if you're a taller person, they may actually need you!

If you are interested in this filming, please send an email to lhughes@wagtv.com, put "Travel Channel Filming - TPR Member" in the subject of the email and you NEED to include the following:

- Your full name

- Your age

- If you are male or female

- Your email address

- Your mailing address

- Your Phone Number

- What day or days (March 7th, 8th & 9th) you are available (Be prepared to be at the park the entire day)

- A little something about yourself

- And including a picture or a link to a picture of you is always VERY VERY helpful (and may help you get chosen.)

Sending the email does NOT automatically mean you made the cut for the filming! They will contact you if you have made the list. Also, remember this is a "FILMING SESSION" and *NOT* an "ERT SESSION", and while at many film shoots you may get to ride a lot, there is always a good amount of "hurry up and wait", as that's just how things are.

Travel Channel is looking for VERY ENTHUSIASTIC people who want to be part of this exciting experience. You also need to be a patient person and have a flexible schedule. People who complain or have a low tolerance for waiting around should not sign up for this filming.

That's it! Send your email and have an AWESOME time!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent my email yesterday and got a reply today. I'm supposed to get a phone call or email soon with more details. I hope it all pans out. I got a friend of mine going as well. She did stress on the email, they still need more people.

I may actually be able to show up on the 9th since it is the first saturday in my spring break. I'll see tonight if I can work out plans to go and email if I can. It would be better if it was a week later though so I could go on the friday. I've never attended an event like this before so it should be fun!

Sent in my email a couple of days ago. I don't think they are going to pick me since I can only make it on Saturday. Need to save my vacation days for upcoming coaster and ski trips.

I did the insane coaster wars shoot last year and it was a lot of fun.

GREAT NEWS! Travel Channel is now looking for rides 16+ for the filming. So if you are over the age of 35, you're GOOD TO GO!

Filming has now been extended to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, March 7th, 8th, & 9th. So if you're able to attend the filming, please follow the directions below.

Travel Channel is looking for riders for a show they are filming on March 7th, 8th & 9th at Six Flags Over Texas, but please READ this entire post as they are looking to cast specific people!

They will be filming on a number of different coasters so be prepared to ride a lot!

They are looking for people who are:

- Ages of 16 and older (younger, the better, however everyone should be over the age of 16)

- A good mix of men and women

- People who like to ride coasters a lot

- People who love extreme rides with lots of G-Forces (Shock Wave being one of them!)

- A mix of heights - if you're a taller person, they may actually need you!

If you are interested in this filming, please send an email to lhughes@wagtv.com, put "Travel Channel Filming - TPR Member" in the subject of the email and you NEED to include the following:

- Your full name

- Your age

- If you are male or female

- Your email address

- Your mailing address

- Your Phone Number

- What day or days (March 7th, 8th & 9th) you are available (Be prepared to be at the park the entire day)

- A little something about yourself

- And including a picture or a link to a picture of you is always VERY VERY helpful (and may help you get chosen.)

Sending the email does NOT automatically mean you made the cut for the filming! They will contact you if you have made the list. Also, remember this is a "FILMING SESSION" and *NOT* an "ERT SESSION", and while at many film shoots you may get to ride a lot, there is always a good amount of "hurry up and wait", as that's just how things are.

Travel Channel is looking for VERY ENTHUSIASTIC people who want to be part of this exciting experience. You also need to be a patient person and have a flexible schedule. People who complain or have a low tolerance for waiting around should not sign up for this filming.

That's it! Send your email and have an AWESOME time!

--Robb

Got a callback for Saturday - it was the only day I could make it. My understanding is that they'll be doing Shock Wave, Freeze, and NTAG. No word on which coaster(s) will be on which days, or even what the focus of the new show will be - other than coasters, of course.