TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, after staying on Disney property a few weeks ago and having the Magic Bands and FP+, my only complaint is the following.....that you can only reserve 3 things per person.

And that complain (which is a valid one) has now been addressed.

What my frustration with people complaining is, they would make complaints as thought how FP+ was set up when it started testing was how it's going to be FOREVER. When everyone kept saying "It's in testing, things will change, please be patient...etc, etc..."

Common sense would tell you that, yes of course you'll eventually be able to get more than three, and yes of course you'll be able to park hop with it. But no matter how many times Disney would say "be patient, more features will be rolled out", people just kept finding something to bitch about.

I guess common sense isn't so common, is it?

^I could see that coming as part of future changes to the program. You SHOULD get perks besides a nicer note & location for the price of a premium resort.

While I agree the Deluxe guests should have nicer perks, I'm not totally convinced having another couple of FP+ reservations is enough perceived value to be worth it. Especially when the discrepancy would be on full display to everyone who isn't a Deluxe guest. Seems to me that there'd be more negative perceived value than positive. Probably also why you've never seen special viewing areas for different tiers of Resort guests at parades, shows, and such.

It's also tough to make this a perk now that Disney starts allowing additional FP+ times beyond the first three once the first three have been used. Something like giving complementary Park Hopper and Water Park upgrades to admissions would be a smarter, easier "perk" to include if they wanted to go that route I would think.

There's something new now that hasn't been addressed in the new offerings, but gets brought up now with the new expanded FP+ entitlements that I'm wondering:

With the current ability to make 3 FP+ reservations ahead of time, and additional reservations after those 3 are used, it would make sense that you reserve the initial 3 as early in the day as possible. So you get the most out of the system. So, you would not want to book a time locked experience like a show, say fireworks, because it will then not allow me to get another fast pass? This is a new concept for Disney because most shows were never offered on FP before. Or, will shows be exempt from this rule? Or they could be separated out completely at some point even, allowing you to book a show in advance and its unrelated to the rest of your reservations. In DCA, they have World of Color Fast Passes and they are separate from the rest of the system.

This new systems allows for so many possibilities for expansion and tiered availability its mind boggling! Haha. I'm sure this will be worked out as Disney hears what guests have to say about it though.

There's something new now that hasn't been addressed in the new offerings, but gets brought up now with the new expanded FP+ entitlements that I'm wondering:

With the current ability to make 3 FP+ reservations ahead of time, and additional reservations after those 3 are used, it would make sense that you reserve the initial 3 as early in the day as possible. So you get the most out of the system. So, you would not want to book a time locked experience like a show, say fireworks, because it will then not allow me to get another fast pass?

A couple of days ago I just moved many of my FP+ times to earlier in the day for this very reason.

But for the shows, I would hope they don't shift the rules because giving up the extra FP+ times for the nighttime show FP+ means whoever has a FP+ for the nighttime show really wants it and would have a really good viewing spot because not many others reserved the time for the show. For annual once-a-year visitors like me, that can make a difference.

But I don't see this as being a real big problem. Most guests are just becoming aware of FP+, using it for the first time, and non-Resort guests were just granted access to it. WDW guests by & large probably wouldn't even know they can get another FP+ times after all 3 have been used and wouldn't miss not having the extra times.

I believe it was about 10, or so, years ago, I booked a stay at a DLR hotel specifically because they were running a promotion where you were allowed unlimited Fast Passes for staying at a Disney hotel. By unlimited, I mean that you didn't have to wait for your current reservation time, or for 2 hours to pass, before getting your next Fast Pass. Yes, it was considerably more expensive than staying at any number of other hotels in the area, but it was worth it to me. I'd gladly do it again if given the option. I'd also do the same thing if booking a stay at the Florida properties, providing it was available. It wouldn't necessarily have to be unlimited Fast Passes, but perks of that sort, that were available only to guests staying on property, would certainly have a significant influence on where I would decide to stay.

^I could see that coming as part of future changes to the program. You SHOULD get perks besides a nicer note & location for the price of a premium resort.

While I agree the Deluxe guests should have nicer perks, I'm not totally convinced having another couple of FP+ reservations is enough perceived value to be worth it. Especially when the discrepancy would be on full display to everyone who isn't a Deluxe guest. Seems to me that there'd be more negative perceived value than positive. Probably also why you've never seen special viewing areas for different tiers of Resort guests at parades, shows, and such.

It's also tough to make this a perk now that Disney starts allowing additional FP+ times beyond the first three once the first three have been used. Something like giving complementary Park Hopper and Water Park upgrades to admissions would be a smarter, easier "perk" to include if they wanted to go that route I would think.

Once the FP+ system is completely rolled out and people are used to it as the norm, having the ability to have more than those 3 initial reservations will have HUGE value IMO. I don't think people who are paying for a deluxe would be like "OMG, we can't book this because people might think we are snooty and rich for getting nicer perks than them!"

Disney would be leaving tons of money on the table if having a premium option wasn't built into their design of MyMagic+

^ Yes. As long as you have all linked with your My Disney Experience Account.

Every RFID Card that is linked to your MDX account should work in theory. I've yet to test this with old room keys that are still linked to my account, but I have used multiple MagicBands to get into rooms.

Can AP MagicBands be linked to room reservations?

Yup, and you can also link your credit card during this time also. Pretty much everything gets linked up together to the point where I used my AP plastic card to open my room door!

So I'm at Hollywood studios on a guest entrance pass, admittedly for free. We went to the fastpass plus kiosk and found out their experiences are stratified. We could only pick one experience from the list of Toy story mania, rockin, and fantasmic. The other two had to be from the other attractions. Is that the normal system? Obviously kind of liking the old method st the moment.

So I'm at Hollywood studios on a guest entrance pass, admittedly for free. We went to the fastpass plus kiosk and found out their experiences are stratified. We could only pick one experience from the list of Toy story mania, rockin, and fantasmic. The other two had to be from the other attractions. Is that the normal system? Obviously kind of liking the old method st the moment.

Yes, so you get a FP+ for Mania, Tower, and something else, and you do single rider on Coaster.

This is pretty much EXACTLY how we used to do it on the old system as well, and on top of it, you pretty much HAD to be at the park at the CRACK OF DAWN and rush over to Mania to guarantee a FP for that attraction.

Now I can make one on my smart phone the night before I even go. You also don't have to go running around the park with everyone's tickets to get FastPasses anymore, which is a huge HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement!!!!! And on another plus side you can get your Tower and Mania FastPass at the SAME TIME, you don't have to wait for one in order to get the other.

How are people complaining about this!?!?!?

--Robb "People who are too dumb to figure out this system only benefit me in the long run!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Yes, so you get a FP+ for Mania, Tower, something else

Just stop right there. You do understand how it could be annoying that you can't get a fastpass for both toy story and rockin, or for both test track and Soarin.

The tiering is annoying because in both of those parks there are only three rides I would ever want a fastpass (maelstrom at Norway). I hope this is not permanent.

Thanks for calling me dumb. And btw, I can't change reservations on the fly because there are no more useful ones. My ticket is now sold out of toy story, rockin, and tower for the day. You still have to come to studios at the crack of dawn if you want more than one ride on Mania as well, nothing changed there.

System is not designed for frequent park goers, and that's fine. Just one of several reasons I'm not a Disney passholder, and don't plan to be.

Edited by Solid Gold

You still have to come to studios at the crack of dawn if you want more than one ride on Mania as well, nothing changed there.

Like you said, nothing changed there... So what's the problem?

Edited by jedimaster1227

^Seriously. Sounds like someone is complaining because they weren't prepared before they went to the park.

I'll take the trade off from not having the ability to Fast Pass both TSM and RnRC in one day, if it means I don't have to run straight to TSM at opening in order to get a Fast Pass.

And what does using a Fast Pass on Fantasmic get you? Guarantee seating?

^I went to Studios on Thursday and used Fastpass+ for the first time. I scheduled Fastpasses for Star Tours, Tower of Terror and Fantasmic. Combined with those Fastpasses, we were able to do Star Tours three times, Tower of Terror twice, Rock n' Rollercoaster twice, the Backlot Tour once, Muppetvision once, Toy Story Mania once, One Man's Dream, lunch at Mama Melrose and Fantasmic... All after first arriving at the park at 11:30 am. So while I couldn't hold a FP for both Midway Mania and Fantasmic at the same time (not that I have ever been able to before), I still managed to get a lot done, mostly while waiting in the standby line... So I don't understand why people are so burned by this. Either I was doing something totally different than everyone else, or all the naysayers are doing something seriously wrong with their time management.

Fastpass for Fantasmic! seems to work very cleanly based on what I say on Thursday. Fastpass guests get early access to enter and basically first dibs at nearly half of the amphitheater (a large chuck of the other side is reserved for dining packages). Fastpass guests get the middle to left side and standby guests get about 25% of the right side of the theater. Standby is allowed in to fill that space until the seating is filled, then they halt the standby line. Fastpass and dinner package guests continue to file in until roughly ten minutes before the show starts, which is when the remaining standby line guests are allowed in to fill any remaining seats as well as all standing room available. It worked very efficiently from what I could tell, but it definitely seemed worthwhile to get a Fastpass for the show, or to get in the standby line as early as possible.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Yes, so you get a FP+ for Mania, Tower, something else

Just stop right there.

System is not designed for frequent park goers, and that's fine. Just one of several reasons I'm not a Disney passholder, and don't plan to be.

Two things:

1. If you can't figure out that this system actually works BETTER for frequent park goers then you are seriously really, really, really dumb. More than I can even put into words.

2. You obviously are anti-Disney based on your your last sentence so I'm assuming you're only posting to complain for the sake of bashing Disney and looking for reasons to hate.

Why don't you take your comments to MiceChat or some other site full of insane Disney bashers.

--Robb "Seriously, do you think it's not obvious what you're doing???" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Oh, and BTW, we were just sitting here having lunch at Flippers and was all "we should go to MK tomorrow..." So I looked up MDX and this is what we booked, totally on a whim, for tomorrow...image.thumb.jpg.42367dcf82e7a022a627b3e111629267.jpg

Again, I just don't understand how people can't figure this system out!

As a WDW local, the system is AMAZING!!! The fact that I'm sitting here at lunch and can get FastPasses for TOMORROW which can help us decide on our park visit is great!!! With the old system, we wouldn't have even thought about going to the park on the Sunday of a busy spring break week, let alone be able to get FastPasses for two major attractions and an awesome parade viewing area (which never existed before), all back to back.

And thanks to all the new changes, we'll be able to get more FP once we use those.

Everyone who has been complaining about the system I'm convinced is just too stupid to use it, or are just bashing Disney because it's the cool thing to do.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks for calling me dumb. And btw, I can't change reservations on the fly because there are no more useful ones. My ticket is now sold out of toy story, rockin, and tower for the day.

You're welcome. It was just deserved. I mean, hi, you're at Studios on a Saturday of a busy spring break week and your bitching mid-day that some FastPasses are sold out? Just exactly how dumb are you????

Oh, and one more thing - not only are you dumb, but you're also lying. Remember, I have the app too, and I can see what times are available. I just made a FP reservation for Tower today...image.thumb.jpg.c22c8fdcf3f93c520d43f4fcc4c84ca6.jpg

So explain to me again how Tower is sold out? Oh, that's right. it's not. You made that story up to make MDX look worse than it is. DUMB!!!!

Really getting sick of anti-Disney people who are obviously complaining about the system just to complain. Stop it. It's very annoying.

Edited by robbalvey

^ Yeah, I know. And I apologize if I came off too harsh, I just really CANNOT STAND people who are creating drama over this on purpose. If you're an Orlando local, and you WORK in the theme park business, and you can't figure out how this system benefits you, you're either really dumb or just creating drama on purpose. There is simply no other option!

With the old system, we wouldn't have even thought about going to the park on the Sunday of a busy spring break week, let alone be able to get FastPasses for two major attractions and an awesome parade viewing area (which never existed before), all back to back.

This right here is exactly why I wish Disneyland Resort would adopt FP+ as soon as possible. My friends and I would have liked to visit the park today but aren't specifically because it's the Sunday of a busy spring break week, and won't next weekend either because of Easter. If we were able to reserve FP times early like with what FP+ provides, we probably would not be making other plans!

In the meantime we are enjoying being able to make FP+ reservations in advance of our May trip!

With the old system, we wouldn't have even thought about going to the park on the Sunday of a busy spring break week, let alone be able to get FastPasses for two major attractions and an awesome parade viewing area (which never existed before), all back to back.

This right here is exactly why I wish Disneyland Resort would adopt FP+ as soon as possible. My friends and I would have liked to visit the park today but aren't specifically because it's the Sunday of a busy spring break week, and won't next weekend either because of Easter. If we were able to reserve FP times early like with what FP+ provides, we probably would not be making other plans!

EXACTLY! We are going to go to MK today, the Sunday before Easter on what is one of the busiest Spring Break weeks, and we already know before stepping foot into the park, we'll get on two major attractions and be able to see the parade without fighting crowds.

Do I expect it to be busy? Yes.

Do I expect to get any more FastPasses after our three due to the crowds? No.

Would I have EVER in a million years thought to go this day on the old system? NO WAY IN HELL!!!

For someone to go to Hollywood Studios on a SATURDAY during Spring Break, and then bitch about the FastPass system or that standby lines are too long is about as smart as someone complaining at Starbucks because their coffee is too hot.

Every Orlando local knows this is one of the busiest weeks, and if you're going to go this week and complain, I'm sorry, I'm just going to laugh at you.

Edited by robbalvey

I have to say, I am so excited about this! We will be visiting in November and I already told my partner we absolutely need to utilize this system. I am floored it's finally available to everyone.

On that note, I see a lot of people talking about how they don't understand how people don't get it. Well, I work for AT&T and every day we get multiple people coming in because they don't know how to do some of the most simple tasks on their phones. A lot of people are just plain and simply technologically illiterate. There's no way around it. I don't understand how or why these people don't get a simple application or why they don't understand you need an account to download an app, but I'm going to use the fact that so many people won't understand how to utilize this fastpass+ booking system to my advantage and know that not as many people are using it as there could be lol.

November can't get here fast enough, and I am so looking forward to a trip that will be much more leisurely because of this new system.

Add to me to the list of people who really love the new FP+. I used it for the first time this past Wednesday at DHS and didn't have a problem at all. With getting our reservations in advance, we were able to ride TOT 3 times and R n' RC a couple times (using single rider) first thing, before heading to the other side of the park for our reserved rides.

...Just renewed my weekday season pass, and awaiting my MagicBand. ...Already looking at ride times at the end of the month for our next visit.