TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And wouldn't you know it, sent all my guys on tasks earlier this morning and they come out with a new event featuring Sideshow Bob. You get Cecil Terwilliger and Monsarno Research for free. Looks like Homer and Lisa will be the two main people that will need to be kept free. Guess I'll have to start on this one tomorrow!

I am so confused with this update. What things do I need to try and get the most? I like the tasks from the stonecutter update but there just seems to be a lot going on and I think I missed the text explanation since we were on a cruise with bad cell service.

They did not explain a lot on this event. I have just been upgrading the center. Sending people on Cecil's missions, and sending everyone who can on tasks to earn corn and fertilizer. I am way confused on the currency of this event.

Now I have corn walking around, and giant green things bouncing around my town

I guess the big prize is that Sideshow Bob will stay as a working character..

I don't know if it's correct, but I've been mainly updating my center, then sending everyone on corn tasks if available. Everyone else I send on the hay(?) tasks? The green blobs I don't really understand. I know that I can drop them off in peoples towns, and that's how they show up in mine, but I don't know how you earn more. I only get about 4-6 per day to drop off. And the zombie cornstalks I think are like the old zombies or turkeys from past updates? I really don't like this one. Also, this update seems like it's going to be around for quite a while.

This update started with a 40 day countdown clock, and it really is coming off as something to endure instead of being fun and engaging.

Crafting the Farmers Market seems to be the biggest goal but it costs 15,250 fertilizer and 4600 corn. I'm not quite sure how that is ever going to happen when upgrading the Monsarno Research takes almost all of whatever fertilizer I have, and a "prize" is a whopping 200 fertilizer. 7 days 10 hours left to acquire 15,250 fertilizer ain't happening at this rate.

Upgrade the building first. It only goes up to level 6 or 7 right now, then you have to wait until the next round. By upgrading you get unlock more people to earn corn and fertilizer, and there is higher payouts on the corn stalks.

The bouncy green things are like the gremlins from the past.

I agree that the prizes requirements are ridiculous high.

Just a head's up- according to tstoaddicts, the crafting items won't be disappearing when Act 2 starts. They'll just be adding more. Note how it says at the bottom that new prizes will be "added," as opposed to "disappearing". So it looks like we'll have the full length of the event to get everything. So for that reason I'm not too worried about crafting the farmer's market right now (though it would be nice to go ahead and get it out of the way if I can get enough for it!).

Just a head's up- according to tstoaddicts, the crafting items won't be disappearing when Act 2 starts. They'll just be adding more. Note how it says at the bottom that new prizes will be "added," as opposed to "disappearing". So it looks like we'll have the full length of the event to get everything. So for that reason I'm not too worried about crafting the farmer's market right now (though it would be nice to go ahead and get it out of the way if I can get enough for it!).

Okay, if I compare my rate of acquiring fertilizer to the overall countdown, that would put me on pace to unlock the Farmer's Market in time.

That is, of course, assuming there is no reason to cash in fertilizer in this "Act 2" that's going to go live in about 10 hours.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this update is one of the worst by far. It's just not fun for me, and the prizes aren't good at all. The bigger prizes in the past have been funny or cool, but so far, this one has a Farmer's Market?! I'm really getting bored with this game. I really hope the next event brings back the fun factor to the game.

^Oddly enough, I'm feeling sort of the opposite way- I feel like I've been playing more often during this event than the last one, although admittingly the theme/storyline of the event only slightly interests me. You're definitely right about the prizes though...they've been "meh" to me so far.

Of course, my feelings on this event might be a knee-jerk reaction to the event going on in the "other game"- that particular event has far better content/prizes, though the last phase of it has been frustrating me since it looks like I won't finish everything, so coming over to Simpsons and playing an event where it feels like I'm still on track or even slightly ahead of the curve is much more enjoyable!

So in summary:

Simpsons = "Meh" event/prizes + Great progress (at this time)

"The other game" = Great event/prizes + "Meh" progress (at this time- earlier in the event I was doing great!)

Well, I just had to spend nearly all my fertilizer today upgrading my Monsanto Research Center with the new update. I'm really confused with where we're going on this update.

I've been focusing on getting the Farmers Market, so I'm not going to upgrade the Monsaro just yet. I'm about 2500 fertilizer away. Still kinda confused. Haven't been interested enough to investigate as to how-what-when to do any or all of the tasks just yet. It's not that I'm bored, just don't want to spend the time.

Well I spent about 4000 fertilizer to upgrade the research center clear to level 11, and it's not maxed out yet. If I keep spending fertilizer to upgrade, it won't matter how much faster I'm making fertilizer since it'll all just go into the research center anyway.

At least there's a new character to unlock with enough DNA.