TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help me pick a country to visit

Ok here is my situation,

I have two free tickets on Delta to fly to anywhere in the US/South America/Caribbean/Europe/Asia (only certain cities in Asia I have enough for). I love going on coasters, but I would also like a place I can overall have an awesome time for someone in their mid 20's. I have been to Europe before so I would prefer somewhere new. I want to be gone for about a week and a half. I am open to various places, and right now Hong Kong is one of my top choices. Japan would be amazing, but I hear it is extremely expensive. So what place has the best selection of coasters, yet still I can have a great trip. I would love to hear some suggestions of trip ideas. I also would have an easier time visiting the parks in the off season, but if I can pull summer off I would like to go then.

I am a foodie, so whatever place I go to has to have great selection of food.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I concur with Japan, if only just for DisneySea--everyone needs to visit this park at least once.

Hong Kong is a great city, and the two parks there are very good (Ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland).

Edited by cfc

I think you pretty much have to do Japan. Especially if you have a week and a half once there. Hong Kong and Singapore are other nice Delta options in Asia but both do not have enough to keep you busy for 10 days. As Larry mentioned, Spain might be able to keep you occupied for 10 days in the off season with parks and other stuff to do, but really...go to Japan!

Thanks for the suggestions. Japan seems like an awesome place. I work with Starwood now (possibly gulfstream; just had a interview) so at the moment I get discounts at Starwood hotels. If i work at gulfstream ill likely make enough money to afford nicer hotels. Would Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto be a great choice of locations getting after getting a train pass? (With some day trips to parks)

Plus another bonus is Atlanta is my main airport and its a lot easier to get flights to Japan than other cities.

It's not the most amazing place to a roller coaster enthusiast, but South America is pretty cool. Nice people, nice food, some weird parks... Of course, themeparkwise it cannot compete to Japan or Hong kong, but if you're ever willing to come to South America, let me know and I'll do my best to help you!

Japan.

Easy choice.

Crazy culture, serene atmosphere.

Bullet trains, and of course, Tokyo Disney!

H_06TokyoDisneySeaEntryHarbor.jpg.42d7f4c76cf1327685f9947ec4eb66c4.jpg

I mean - THIS is what greets you at Tokyo Disney Sea! Mt. Prometheus!

Edited by Nrthwnd

^If you're ambitious and have a rail pass you can do day trips to Kyoto and Osaka from Tokyo. More for just sightseeing as you wouldn't have time to do a full park day or anything but it's about three hours on the train each way from Tokyo to those cities.

I'm going to say Korea. Delta has direct flights from Atlanta to Seoul, and it's an incredible country to visit. There are two amazing coasters in Seoul (T-Express and Atlantis Adventure).

Of course you can't go wrong with Japan either, but Korea is a slightly more off-the-beaten-path option and right now is a fantastic time to go. It's much cheaper than Japan, but still has first world conveniences, delicious food, and great tourist sites.

^ I was just in Korea and it was GREAT! T Express is a awesome wooden coaster (beat El Toro as my number one wooden coaster) and Lotte Worlds indoor park is really cool and unique. Also, Seoul is a charming city with many things to do (I suggest N Seoul Tower).