TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

^ Every time the Dodgers play the D-Backs it looks so weird seeing Gibson managing against the Dodgers. I don't like it ... not at all.

As for the celebration, apparently some people in the D-Backs organization didn't like it. How about you beat the opposing team so they don't celebrate at your home park. Their GM also made a little dig at "old" Dodger Stadium ... he wishes "The Bob" was as awesome as Dodger Stadium. That park has absolutely no personality.

And to the player who said "The Yankees would never do that" ... uh, how about them letting a cheat play 3rd base for the past month?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is the last time I see Melancon on the mound for the Pirates in a long time. Blowing the lead TWICE in a single week in the 9th inning? Inexcusable.

It pains me to say this, but the Bucs don't look like a playoff team right now. They a need an effing bullpen first.

A couple of things.

The reason the pool is at chase is because pools are everywhere in that area so that wanted to tie in something local to the ball park just like the reds and the riverboat over the center field wall.

The pirates had a bullpen but have been over worked. The pirates pen has been used twice as many innings as both the reds and cardinals. You can't expect perfect play for that long. Your starters need to overage 6-7 innings instead of 5.

Here's to hoping the cardinals stumble and the reds pull out a division win again.

The reason the pool is at chase is because pools are everywhere in that area so that wanted to tie in something local to the ball park just like the reds and the riverboat over the center field wall.

That's a stretch. Of everything "local," a pool symbolizes Phoenix best?

A riverboat doesn't symbolize cincinnati best either. It is what it Is. I remember them talking about that not only during the all star game/ home run derby but also when the reds were in town there this year.

Speaking of Mariano Rivera---even though the definition of a save is kind of ridiculous and has cheapened the stat, you have to respect what he has done.

I agree. I think that save record means less than almost any other every other record in baseball, since teams didn't use closers this frequently until very recently. No conversation about Rivera cannot include what happened in 01 against Arizona and 04 against Boston, but you have to give him credit for closing 4 World Series Championships.

He seems like a total class act. As an O's fan, he is one of the only Yankees I have ever liked. I suppose he is the "best ever" even though closers were not used the way they are now throughout most of baseball's history.

Its the opposite for the reds if they lose people will be pissed then I have to listen to annoying negativity for the whole offseason. You will want more out of the pirates in coming years. In 2010 everyone was just thrilled the reds finally made it.

And thus the Orioles season has ended. At least they ended with some wins, but they really should have made the playoffs, at least as a wild card. They just did not have as many breaks this year as they did last year. Hopefully management won't mess around with the team too much in the off season, as they're a good team. Just maybe need one or two different starting pitchers.

And now my interest in baseball ends until next season...

dt

World Series or bust for the Dodgers!

Agreed. But it'll be a bit harder without Kemp and Ethier.

I didn't get the whole post game thing yesterday they did and it seemed a lot of the players didn't really either. They lost the game, are 12-15 in September and yet they had that whole thing going on. Didn't make any sense to me other than it was "fan appreciation day".

Being a Cubs fan, I think I can realistically scratch out any hope for the 2014 season already .

Let the quest for pitching begin!

Well at least they fired their manager and the Phillies hired the guy they should have last time around...

Another upsetting year for my Phillies, yet I think with Sandberg in there they will get a lot better next year. Its also good to see some of our aged players leaving and the new ones are coming in.

The Asstros really are just pathetic. Although they have some young promising talent coming up, I feel like that's been said too much for too long. Altuve will probably be traded soon too, and that's a shame since he is their only proven good player

I hate the new playoff format. I know it pads all sorts of wallets that are affiliated with MLB, but from a fan's perspective, the one game tiebreaker was a thing when it came about naturally. Cheapen things up watering down the playoff format, and this stuff is going to happen more often than not. On top of that, the Division winners get to sit there twiddling their thumbs and cooling off while Game 163 takes place, and once that's done, another one game playoff between the two Wild Card teams. I think that puts them (Division Winners) at a significant disadvantage.

Nevertheless, as a White Sox fan, I'm really hoping Texas pulls through. I couldn't ever root against a team that has one of the all-time White Sox greats (AJ Pierzynski) as their everyday catcher. Neal Cotts (another member of White Sox 2005 team) somehow found his way into an MLB bullpen after being cut by the Yankees before the 2011 season.

*Edit* Damn it. Well, I hope either the A's or the Rays end up as the AL reps in the World Series.