TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Travel Channel 'Coaster Wars' finds a familiar expert

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gisco, I believe there are 6 episodes total. I was going through the channels and couldn't believe I was seeing Robb on TV! That must have been fun to be a part of the entire series.

It is good to see a new batch of this type of show coming around again, hopefully there will be even more episodes.

When they interview people and call them coaster enthusiasts, I doubt that most of them are actual coaster enthusiasts.

No, I'm pretty sure none of the people interviewed (except Robb) were REAL coaster enthusiasts. None of those people had any idea what they were talking about, especially the kid who said Medusa is the best coaster in the country. I'm still shocked by that statement.....

Just downloaded and watched the first episode. All I can say is that it is very GP friendly, but there are some bits and pieces for real coaster enthusiasts too.

They should have more commentary from Robb. He does a great job of explaining the elements of a coaster in a way that appeals to almost everybody. GP and enthusiast alike.

If anyone wants to get wet, according to SFGADv FB' page they are looking for people for a film shoot

Travel Channel's hit show, "Xtreme Waterparks" is coming to Hurricane Harbor to film an episode on Thursday, August 23rd! They are looking for a lucky group of 2-4 friends to be featured in the show riding some of our best rides! If you are a thrill seeker with a fun and outgoing personality – send the producers a picture of yourselves and a brief explanation as to why they should choose you! Please send everything to shauser@highnoontv.com

After watching the top ten episode which listed the top ten of the coasters featured in the show, all of the hang em high coasters were featured, here is the order of ranking:

1.Aftershock(Don't question it)

2.Manta(Does that even belong here?)

3.Alpengeist(That's a little low...)

4.Montu(Da fuq!?)

I knew that the #1 coaster on the final episode would be MF. I always find it funny that all the "well informed GP" believe that the Millennium Force is the #1 coaster in the world.

After watching the top ten episode which listed the top ten of the coasters featured in the show, all of the hang em high coasters were featured, here is the order of ranking:

1.Aftershock(Don't question it)

2.Manta(Does that even belong here?)

3.Alpengeist(That's a little low...)

4.Montu(Da fuq!?)

Reverse the order and you get the correct ranking.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...