TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DisneyParks Price Hikes

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/disney-parks-ticketing-update/

We wanted to let you know that ticket prices are increasing at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. The new prices go into effect on June 12, but today we’re sharing an early look at pricing details as well as some existing special values for Florida and California residents.

At Walt Disney World Resort, the Magic Your Way ticket offers a variety of options for you to customize your ticket purchase and save on your visit. Florida residents can also take advantage of the monthly payment plan we launched last year to give them greater flexibility when they purchase an annual pass. All updated pricing is posted on the Blog and also will be added to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets-passes/.

And at Disneyland Resort, details about ticket prices are posted on a special page we’ve created on the Disney Parks Blog. The information will also be available at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/ on June 12, including details about special summer values for Southern California and Northern Baja residents, as well as our Southern California resident pass, which is more popular than ever with the monthly payments option.

Detailed breakdown on Disneyland Ticket and Annual Pass pricing.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/facts-on-disneyland-prices/

Detailed breakdown on DisneyWorld Ticket and Annual Pass pricing.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/magic-your-way-facts-on-walt-disney-world-prices/

Starting June 12th

DisneyWorld

1 day 1 park

$87.33 up from $82.00

Disneyland

1 day 1 park

$80.00 up from $76.00

Edited by Top Thrill Dragster

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they got sneaky this year and increased passes in June instead of August.

This is nothing new since they increase prices every year, and regardless of the small annual price increases it is still worth every penny. (Well, at least WDW since I haven't been to Disneyland enough to speak for its quality.)

Edited by ernierocker

Looks like I'm going to have to start selling body parts soon if I want to visit WDW. That just gave me even more incentive to renew my Busch Gardens 2 year AP when the time comes. 2 years for less than half the price of a one year AP for Disney.

That's why if you know you will be back in your life you should go up to ticket booths and see what they can offer you. Last year they gave me non expiring park hopper tickets for a little over 200. $50 a day and I can go back anytime I want regardless of how much the ticket prices go up

Yes, passes are going up as well.

Premium Disneyland AP will be $499.

Ouch!

I might stick with the Costco deal.. 4 days for $200 I believe, then you upgrade it toward a pass.

It was nice having a premium pass, but I'm fine with the deluxe.

I know I've said it before, but for me, on a personal level, I can't justify the price point for WDW, it just doesn't do anything for me. Now, if I had kids, that might very well be a different story. That being said, I paid $140 for Daytona 500 tickets and what did I get? Pit access where elbow room was a premium, a rain shortened race, and a 4 hour drive back to Orlando. Was it worth the money to me to be able to sign my name on the start/finish line, sit on the infield grass, walk around the cars, yes, I was at the Daytona 500 and that in and of itself was all that mattered at the time. I would imagine many on this site would say about the Daytona 500 as I did about WDW, it doesn't do anything for them.

The point I'm making here is that as long as you are happy with the product delivered, price is irrelevant. I paid the price, and was mostly happy with the product (not happy about the rain, but the promoter nor I have any control over that!).

^Agreed, nomatter how high the price get. Us enthusiest will still find a way to pay it because it is what we enjoy to do. Which is why theme park companies love us because they would need to do alot in order to lose our buisness.

Now with the prices getting higher and higher over the years I'm still waiting for Space Mountain's line to get shorter, but that hasn't happened yet.

It looks like Disneyland has finally hit $80. In my opinion, it has been overpriced for some time. Yes, it is a very good park, and I understand why they raise their prices annually, but at the same time I wish they would have less frequent price increases. They are the main reason I now only visit once per year instead of getting an annual pass. I'm still going to go this year, and I'm not going to complain about a relatively small price increase, but I find it interesting that a pass to Disneyland with parking is now more expensive than a pass to every other major So Cal park combined.

I really wonder how high they will go. I've long thought $100 for a one-day, one-park ticket is about the max before attendance starts to significantly decline, and at this rate they'll reach that in about four or five years. At least Disney California Adventure Park might finally be worth its admission price when Cars Land opens next year.

Really $499 for a Disneyland Resort Annual Premium!?!??!

Pretty sure I had that pass back when DCA opened for $249. That's just an insane increase over the years.

Anyways, for WDW what we've done the last five years or so is to get a 10 day non expiring hopper and it's a great deal! Comes out to like $50 a day and even less if you factor in the 'more' option which gets you a ton of visits to the water parks and DisneyQuest.

That's why if you know you will be back in your life you should go up to ticket booths and see what they can offer you. Last year they gave me non expiring park hopper tickets for a little over 200. $50 a day and I can go back anytime I want regardless of how much the ticket prices go up

THIS! Like this and what Elissa said above - this is what we tell everyone we know to do!

IMO, WDW is worth every penny...BUT...you don't have to pay those crazy prices. Our 10 day, non-expiring park hopper ticket has lasted us nearly two years of visits! And yeah, it's a lot of money up front, but we're also not locals, so it doesn't make sense for us to get an AP, but each of our visits are about $30 less than the face value price.

It's such a great deal!

And on top of it, like what Elissa said, we got the passes with the water parks and DisneyQuest, which is 10 Disney Theme Park Days PLUS 10 water park days, and it really works out to be such a great deal!

"Ten Day Non-Expiring Park Hopper + Bonus Options" - THAT is the ticket you want!

Thanks for the info. Wonder if 80 is the psychological barrier for potential park guest? I was looking at going back to DL with some out of town guests in late June/July. Definately will be looking at avail deals, maybe become a passholder there.

Even at $499, it only takes 6-7 vists to pay the Premium DLR AP off. Less when you factor parking into the calculation. That's once every other month on average. Still the best way to visit the Resort all year 'round, if that's your thing.

True. I've always had the Deluxe passes, and finally splurged on the premium..

I go about once a month (comes out to $37 or so per month).

With a pass, you might visit the park in a more nonchalant manner - you're not concerned about what you spent to get in because you paid in advance (when you got your pass), or you're simply making affordable payments. With this logic, you might go to the park later and spend less time there.

Conversely, when you pay the full price to get in, you'll want to get your money's worth.

So.. the point of my long-winded argument - a visit as a passholder might be entirely different than a visit with a full-price ticket. To justify the higher prices by saying it only takes 'so and so number of visits' is not always logical. A shorter/later-in-the-day visit as a passholder doesn't count as an all day adventure..

THIS! Like this and what Elissa said above - this is what we tell everyone we know to do!

IMO, WDW is worth every penny...BUT...you don't have to pay those crazy prices. Our 10 day, non-expiring park hopper ticket has lasted us nearly two years of visits! And yeah, it's a lot of money up front, but we're also not locals, so it doesn't make sense for us to get an AP, but each of our visits are about $30 less than the face value price.

It's such a great deal!

And on top of it, like what Elissa said, we got the passes with the water parks and DisneyQuest, which is 10 Disney Theme Park Days PLUS 10 water park days, and it really works out to be such a great deal!

"Ten Day Non-Expiring Park Hopper + Bonus Options" - THAT is the ticket you want!

After you quoted me I realized I left out that my tickets were for four days. Also, I just checked my receipt, and it was actually $170 for four days. Just to continue to promote this, the single day tickets are expensive, but WDW does offer some of the best packages. $42.50 a day for park hopper access is worth every penny.

So.. the point of my long-winded argument - a visit as a passholder might be entirely different than a visit with a full-price ticket. To justify the higher prices by saying it only takes 'so and so number of visits' is not always logical. A shorter/later-in-the-day visit as a passholder doesn't count as an all day adventure..

Thing of it is...there's a huge intangible that can't be measured by visits or hours per visit - stress. As you point out, a visit as a passholder might be entirely different than a visit with a 1-day ticket, and that difference is almost completely how much you feel like you need to do in that one day. To sum that up in one word, it's stress. Visit as passholder might be shorter, but it's also MUCH MUCH less stressful than an all day adventure. Less stress on anyone & everyone involved. So I combine that along with the "so and so number of visits" reasoning and even at $499, it's decent. Obviously not as good as when it was $249 when Elissa got hers, or $299 when I got mine back in 2003, but decent.

What I abhor, however, is the stark difference between what $499 will buy at DLR, and what $499 will buy at WDW. $499 at DLR gets a guest 365 days of admission into the two DLR parks, and parking. $499 at WDW gets 10 days of non-expiring admission into the four WDW theme parks, two water parks, Disney Quest, and anything else I left out. That's a crazy difference! Five fewer parks for the same price (assuming you call DQ a 'park')?? We're gettin' robbed here in CA, but Disney knows the vast majority of local SoCal people will still choose the staycation-style Disneyland trip over flying the family out to WDW, despite the urgings of Robb & Elissa.

An interesting thing that a family member of mine shared with me as he was checking me into DCA for a park hopper ticket--

They have always had a rule where you can only sign in your family for free park tickets. The rule has never been strictly enforced. Supposedly now, park staff are on the lookout for employees checking in their friends. You can get fired if they catch you. If you do want to get your friends in, you have to be with them the entire time they are in the park. Family members are still free to go in without their family employee who checked them in present at all times.

Thanks for posting this!

My cousin was going to renew her pass at Disneyland on Monday (were doing a multi-day trip) but after I read this thread I called her and had her renew her pass today. Thanks to your post she saved $50.00 off her Deluxe renewal fee.

This is why TPR is such a great site, it provides up to date information that benefits all of us! Way to go!

All depends on your activity. We used to go at least once a year for 10 days. Then the visits increased twice a year. When Disney cut out the great discounts and free dining, we could have either cut down on the visits or purchase passes and stay off site. The passes are less than 2-10 day visits, so we decided to try it out a year to see how it goes. Now that we have annual passes, we go south every chance we get. It doesn't always have to be for 10 days or during specific off seasons now. We don't fly anymore and we don't stay on site. I think we ended up visiting 5 times. We do what we want when we want with no worries about times or schedules. If a park is packed, we go to another. If all are packed, we go to a pool. It's now more fun and less stressful. We renewed our passes on Saturday and I'm contemplating upgrading to the Premier Passport because we just got an offer in the mail to upgrade for $50 more than our renewal price. That would give us a reason to make plans to visit DL and DCA. If flights weren't so expensive, it'd be a done deal.

I'm not a Disney "fan" so to speak, but more power to them. It's like some of the bars here in Fort Lauderdale, charging up to $25 for a simple cocktail. If there are tourists, those prices will continue to climb.

But being a smart tourist will save you tons of moolah, as R&E pointed out!

• 2 weeks later...