TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb, Elissa & KT - Santa Clarita Food Truck Festival!

I'm glad these food truck festivals are becoming more common. I love the food trucks, but absolutely despise having to follow them on twitter just to find them (and then seeing a huge line at the spot they are going to be at).

I agree. I think Elissa said it as well that neither one of us would ever go out of our way to follow one of these trucks or seek them out, but we would absoultely go to a festival where they all turn up at.

And the $5 cover charge is a small price to pay to have someone organize this all for you. It probably would cost that much alone in fuel for us to drive to Los Angeles proper to go to any one of these trucks.

--Robb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I'm aware of that site. I still think the process is dumb, even if it isn't totally the trucks fault (In many cities, there are laws that dictate how long they can stay w/o getting ticketed). Which is why I will only go to the trucks that stop by my house (guitar center & Ralphs on ventura blvd. are regular stops for some trucks) and visit the festivals.

I think I have a different view due to the proximity of the trucks - generally there is one within a couple miles of the stretch of the 5 I drive home on every night. For me, it's not difficult nor time consuming to track a new one down every few days. If it were farther, after a couple times I would probably feel the same way and stop going to them.

My only festival experience has been to was at the Pond where most trucks ran out of food early in the day and lines were at least half an hour. I haven't really tried going to another but maybe the trucks have started to get a better idea of what to expect at these things and the experience has improved.

Awesome TR!

You're right about the Fatburger truck - that's not fair; it would be like In N Out having a truck there.

I noticed a lot (if not most?) of the trucks having Twitter addresses - that's a good use of the technology.

Did anyone else notice the grill of this truck? (the food truck cut-outs)

Great Event! I wish I could have gone. I am a foodie, love all types, and I'm not even fat! I wish San Jose or San Francisco would (or has/did?) host one of these types of events...I would wait in the lines with an hours worth of other vendors food in my hands! thanks for sharing! I'm jealous.

• 9 months later...