TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

North Korean Theme Parks

Who knew that North Korea had parks, and three of them at that!!!

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/inside-north-koreas-amusement-parks-possibly-happiest-places-country-113961?hpt=Sbin

Inside North Korea's amusement parks

Who says life sucks in North Korea? At Kaeson Park, locals have just as much fun as the rest of the world

Spy agencies scouring nighttime satellite images of Pyongyang for clues about possible conflict could be forgiven for mistaking Kaeson Park for something dangerous.

When sun sets, most of the power-starved North Korean capital is plunged into darkness. The structures of Kaeson, however, are lit up like a Christmas tree.

So, is the country's Stalinist regime -- known to possess scary-looking weaponry and an unchecked nuclear program -- up to something strategically important?

Closer inspection reveals a more surprising truth: Kaeson is North Korea's answer to Disneyland. It is one of three huge amusement parks serving Pyongyang, offering its subjugated citizens a rare dose of state-sanctioned fun.

There are some pictures and more of the article at the link. Pretty interesting.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Theme Park Guy has his own site, with more photos, that's well worth checking out. He's quite a nutjob. And also my hero.

He annoys the f**k out of me. You don't need a goofy had, or some made up fake story about why you're visiting parks to make trip reports. You just look like an idiot.

Edited by robbalvey

Some described this year-old, Italian-made ride as the most cutting-edge installation in the country.

I can't help but laugh at that. Anyone whose has ridden a Zamperla Volare will probably understand why.

The Theme Park Guy has his own site, with more photos, that's well worth checking out. He's quite a nutjob. And also my hero.

He annoys the f**k out of me. You don't need a goofy had, or some made up fake story about why you're visiting parks to make trip reports. You just look like an idiot.

Right, that too. That's why I love him. He's a total basket-case. And he had a team of people design and make his hat for him in a special factory or something. Oh, and he went to North Korea for the sole reason of riding roller coasters.

I guess I'm just easily amused.