TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Kingdom in China

So you actually want more B&M wing rider?

Seriously - what's wrong with B&M Wing Coasters? I honestly have never ridden one, and I'm sure that they're not "intense" or "aggressive", but they look like fun, graceful coasters that you can ride over and over again. What's wrong with that?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously - what's wrong with B&M Wing Coasters? I honestly have never ridden one, and I'm sure that they're not "intense" or "aggressive", but they look like fun, graceful coasters that you can ride over and over again. What's wrong with that?

I have ridden one, Swarm, and you have summed it up perfectly my friend! It's not intense, not aggressive, not forceful; BUT, it is fun, it is graceful and it is very reridable. Clearly, wingriders are intended to offer a different experience to the older more aggressive, forceful B&Ms. Wingriders offer a smooth, graceful freeflying sensation, rendering an experience of flight through smooth elegant transitions...

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, Wingriders expand the B&M repertoire to allow for a greater variety of roller coaster experiences. Why should we criticise that, when many of us want to see B&M build a launch coaster? How about we be more positive, rather than being overly conservative. Remember, Arrow took a risk building Magnum and that led to a great line of hypers and gigas over the years!

Wow! So impressive to see a park build a coaster and use most of it's potential energy. Not to mention the fly throughs, tunnels and trenches. All that with a B&M to boot! Why can't we have something like this here?

I actually liked Gatekeeper at Cedar Point even though it didn't meet my intensity needs (besides the first drop). This one seems better due to its themeing. I cant wait to see more of this park!

Looks fun! Has an awesome first drop and the inversions seem to provide some sweet hangtime. Which is even further enhanced by the winged seating, these things truly do deliver on the sensation of flight. I like how it focuses on interactions and graceful maneuvers rather than the inversion formula. Making it's layout even more impressive and unique. I'd also like to note the lengthy course, a huge plus in my book. Another great B&M coaster! These wing coasters just keep getting better and better.

Yes, they are graceful, fun, relaxing, family friendly; but also costly and and uncomfortable(particularly the vest harness which CP already solved). And for me, even Iron Dragon is more exciting than Gatekeeper but X-Flight has Trimming Bull to make it the second lamest B&M coaster at the park. Just my personal perspective. I know there're a lot of Wing Rider fans out there but I'm definitely not one of them.

I will ride it on Feb 3rd and see how it's like. Based on the commentary of this video, the rider already said it has nothing other than being twisty. I think I need to lower my already low anticipation and see if it helps me with my sleeping problem or surprise me for being better than X-Flight and Gatekeeper.

Those two Mack credits are still closed, not sure if it's due to the weather because it's already kind of warm in Zhuhai.

As one of the minority who really loves the B&M Wing Coasters (the one I have ridden, Wild Eagle, is my favorite coaster at Dollywood and in my top five steel coasters), I personally think this one looks great! The drop looks alike a bigger version of Wild Eagle's first drop, the Dive Loop and Zero-G look fun, and I like how they seem to have figured out a good mix between inversions and really enhancing the "flight" aspect of the ride.

I don't base my enjoyment of a coaster on forcefulness; great coasters to me (personally) are fun, enjoyable and re-rideable, and the Wing Coasters seem to have this down. I actually really appreciate the engineering they did on these. I really don't think that the full potential of the design has been exercised just yet, and I think that due to the train design that we may not see any of these over 200 feet; I would like to see them evolve this into their own take on the 4D coaster concept but would imagine it will take some time.

This park looks amazing; as I recall they had plans for a giant wooden coaster as well.

You sort of answered your own question. For many people, if they are not intense they are not fun.

The one I've ridden was not fun, it was boring, a snoozefest.

I really like the look of that dive loop. It seems much more "in-line" than most I've seen.

This could possibly be another reason why the coasters elements are taken slower. Since the transitions can't be designed directly around the heartline.

• 5 months later...

Whitewater have announced that they will be the supplier of the water park at Ocean kingdom. This isn't really strange since it's a Chimelong park, and Chimelong Water Park is almost entirely Whitewater built.

The marine animal exhibit wave pool sounds especially interesting, and I hope one of the other two wave pool's is a hydraulic surf pool.

Chimelong Ocean Kingdom located on Hengqin Island, China will be the second waterpark built by the Chimelong Group and features the largest aquarium in the world. Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is part of the largest ecologically-themed hotel, Chimelong Hengqin Bay Hotel. The 353-acre park aims to represent different parts of the ocean through their seven unique aquatic-themed areas. Not only does the park have an impressive 190-foot-tall whale shark statue as its centerpiece, but was awarded five Guinness World Records for the overall aquarium size, various tank sizes and their enormous viewing windows.

WhiteWater supplied Chimelong Ocean Kingdom with products that can found with both people and animals enjoying the cool water. A custom designed wave pool was created specifically for a marine animal exhibit and two other wave pools are in place for the entertainment of the visitors. With a variety of waterslides, an interactive AquaPlay™ structure and two dry attractions, WhiteWater has been selected as the Chimelong Group’s preferred supplier for all their waterpark needs.

Source