TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Awesome Coasters" Contest [RCT2]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously unfinished, practically nothing is done lol but I wanted to at least show you all that I am still kind-of playing RCT2

And yes, I do only have 2 tunnels

SCR165.jpg.bfc5db576ff985141afbdd863ab4efb7.jpg

A little bit of the layout, going to be a mining theme... (sorry for the bad detail, playing with higher screen res.)

if you ^ are being serious about thinking your project is sucking compared to others don't get discouraged. The main focus of this contest is the design of the coaster not the scenery. Just build the best coaster you can and don't worry about what others are doing.

TLM made a great point system for this contest and even someone with amazing scenery can loose to someone with a great coaster design. So focus on your coaster layout and just let the rest fall into place. Non custom scenery parks are a huge challenge for everyone so don't sweat it.

The most important thing is to have fun building and get your entry in on time, no matter how good or bad you may think it is.

I got a question - my project is more and more turning out as a park and i wonder:

is that ok if I build a whole park?

and if I do, is it ok to have more than one coaster?

I think I can answer that for you. This contest is specifically for one coaster, a design, so having multiple coasters isn't the best idea. What I suggest is building your favorite coaster for the contest, then expanding on it and making it a whole park.

if you ^ are being serious about thinking your project is sucking compared to others don't get discouraged. The main focus of this contest is the design of the coaster not the scenery. Just build the best coaster you can and don't worry about what others are doing.

TLM made a great point system for this contest and even someone with amazing scenery can loose to someone with a great coaster design. So focus on your coaster layout and just let the rest fall into place. Non custom scenery parks are a huge challenge for everyone so don't sweat it.

The most important thing is to have fun building and get your entry in on time, no matter how good or bad you may think it is.

Thanks, that actually really made me feel a lot more confident. I am very proud of my coaster design, and this is my first attempt EVER at theming anything so I wasn't expecting it to be great, but in some areas I am actually impressed with myself.

This is actually only my second attempt at a true park, completely custom designed, so Imam happy with how it is turning out. I actually can build NCS better in RCT3, but have started to slide back to RCT2 for this contest. My coaster design took several hours to perfect, and it turned out great! Next I have to terraform (dj's favorite word) the park and then add foliage and the rest of the rides...

Coming Soon:

Twinfusion at Kasi Park

Yes, Kasi is a real word. Coming Soon

Well I am just about finished, I just have to refine some theming for the coaster and work on the foliage and I will be ready to submit. Here is some progress...

SCR84.BMP

The heavily themed drop tower, Dungeon Drop,

SCR85.BMP

Here is the part where the coaster duels itself, (I didn't want to give away too much of the layout.)

SCR86.BMP

This is what I am most proud of, part of the theming for Castle Rapids.

The only thing I would suggest is adding fences around the coaster, and the rapids.

Also, it seems that rapids ride could use a little more theming. it's off to a great start, but it will look even better with more theming.

Your park looks great, it just needs 1 or two small changes to make it go from meh to wow!