TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College Football 2010

slither37

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really see yourself rooting for Michigan?

I do when they are in bowl games.

I do not mind UM too much, just on that Saturday in November.

I REALLY despise EVERY Florida team, especially the thug hurricanes and REALLY REALLY x 1,000,000 hate notre dame.

WTF @ Auburn/Arkansas?!?

Seriously!!!!

When I saw the 65-43 score on the ESPN-2 ticker I thought it was a basketball score. But I then realized that the NCAA hoops teams just had their first midnight practices last night! LOL

Seeing a combined 108 points in a football game is just insane!

^That would be a great matchup to see.

Boise State pretty much has the rest of their schedule made unless they suffer a drastic breakdown. They may be challenged by #19 Nevada but they are currently losing to Hawaii. They also need Nevada to win to secure a chance for the BCS title game.

Oregon has a much tougher schedule ahead with a game at USC. They also have games against Arizona and at Oregon State, both of whom are currently ranked.

yeah, with the way its been, I think this may be the best chance we'll ever see for a non-AQ conference team like Boise to play in the title game. I wonder if they could even end up playing each other should, say, Oregon stumble, and Oklahoma lose in the Big XII championship game...

I have been calling for an Oregon vs. Boise State championship game ALL year since week 1 on Facebook and all of my friends said im crazy, it will never happen, etc.

It's not going to happen because USC is going to win a shootout vs. Oregon in two weeks.

^ I'm definitely pulling for as much chaos as possible. That's the only way this system can get changed. It's going to take a BCS title game with non-major conference teams in it to make it happen.

I always pull for my team, LSU, but in the case where they aren't at the top, I always pull for the conference. It makes all the teams look better. Much like I root against the Big 10, because you guys think you're a better conference than you really are. The Pac 10 has definitely improved and jumped over the Big 10 in my eyes. The Big 12 and ACC are both down, and the SEC and pac 10 are right now the 2 best conferences.

And didn't I predict the sweater vest would find a way to lose a game? Happens every year.

yeah, with the way its been, I think this may be the best chance we'll ever see for a non-AQ conference team like Boise to play in the title game. I wonder if they could even end up playing each other should, say, Oregon stumble, and Oklahoma lose in the Big XII championship game...

Funny thing is Boise has defeated Oklahoma, TCU, and Oregon all in the last 3 years. And people say they don't deserve a shot at the national championship???

Well for one TCU also has defeated Boise in that time span. Also there are some teams that play and beat at LEAST that many quality teams in one season.

Oregon has a much tougher schedule ahead with a game at USC. They also have games against Arizona and at Oregon State, both of whom are currently ranked.

The only game I'd be worried about there is Oregon State. It's always Oregon State. Who beat Cal at Cal when Cal was ranked #2? Oregon State. Who beat USC two out of three years to spoil an undefeated season? Oregon State. Who beat Arizona when Arizona was in the top 10 for the first time since 1999? Oregon State.

^Yes, slither does not live on here and went to NYC for a brief vacation over the weekend. In the future, I will endeavor to never leave home so that I can post here, will that be acceptable?

Thanks for monitoring and counting the number of posts I make. I am glad I am not you.

Fair weather fans? Not me. Again, sometimes "life" gets in the way of posting on a thread on the internet. Try it.

Yes OSU lost. They played like crap from what I hear. I was enjoying Rock of Ages with my daughter and Big Mike during the game.

So I guess since I did not watch the game and immediately post here, I am a "fair weather fan". Apathy abounds.

I still bleed scarlet and gray and will still root for the Buckeyes.

I was at a baptism in Cincinnati a few weeks ago when the Steelers played the Bucs. There were no TVs or radios, yet I still found a way to see part of the game. Your point?

It's ok for you to call people out questioning their fanhood ("Hey stingrock, do you pull for an entire conference or one specific team?"), but when the shoe is on the other foot the whole world comes crashing down? If you truly "bleed scarlet and grey" some "brief vacation" wouldn't inhibit you from seeing at least part of the game, or checking the score every once in a while at the very least.

Once again, apathy abounds. Ok, you are a much bigger fan of your teams than I am. You rule. Happy?

I like sports, but sports do not rule my life. To each his own.

I started this thread to have some fun with the college football season.

I profusely apologize that I was away from home and could not access this or any other website until I got home to Ohio. Better? I can take it as well as I can give it out. So please, heap all the criticism you want on the Buckeyes. No matter what you say, it is still a great, clean, and proud program.

I guess I did not get on this thread soon enough for some people. THAT is what I am apathetic about.

This isn't about me, I know what kind of fan I am, and I don't need to prove it to anyone. That was simply an example that you can still find ways to see a game no matter the circumstances. This is about you "bleeding scarlet and grey," but not giving a rat's ass about Ohio State's biggest game of the year, and one that could (and did) make or break their season...essentially a mini Big 10 championship.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Ok you got me, I am not a huge Buckeye fan like you said. I guess I overestimated my fanhood.

I chose to actually take a mini vacation and forego watching the Buckeye game in favor of having a great time in NYC with my daughter and on Saturday hanging out with her and Big Mike.

My daughter does not like football. I am not true fan as I did not drag her into a sports bar to watch any of the Buckeye game.

I guess she missed out on the "my dad drug me into a sports bar in NYC to watch a football game" memory. I am a terrible fan, I should have forced her.

Yes, that is true. She does not like football or any other sport. So I guess I have failed in my fanhood there as well.

Do not have kids, do you? Yes, it is true, my daughter is more important to me than any sport. I hope when you have kids, things change for you.

You win.

I bow to your ultimate fanhood.

Please all who read this take notice. I humbly admit that my fanhood is lacking. I hereby retract the I "bleed scarlet and gray" statement. I am not a true Buckeye fan according to FeeltheForce.

Happy?

feeltheforce - I'm not sure how someone can watch a football game during a Broadway show and not be considered rude to others around one's self

How did you do this at a baptism without being rude? Granted many of those at this baptism might have been hard core football fans and it might have been possible to to break away and not inconvenience others.

For the record - I missed the 1st quarter of the Florida/Alabama game a couple of weeks ago traveling back to my hotel during a softball tournament. I wish I had missed the last 3 quarters.

Edited by larrygator

^Yes, slither does not live on here and went to NYC for a brief vacation over the weekend. In the future, I will endeavor to never leave home so that I can post here, will that be acceptable?

Thanks for monitoring and counting the number of posts I make. I am glad I am not you.

Fair weather fans? Not me. Again, sometimes "life" gets in the way of posting on a thread on the internet. Try it.

Yes OSU lost. They played like crap from what I hear. I was enjoying Rock of Ages with my daughter and Big Mike during the game.

So I guess since I did not watch the game and immediately post here, I am a "fair weather fan". Apathy abounds.

I still bleed scarlet and gray and will still root for the Buckeyes.

lol dude take a fucking joke. In the 60 seconds I spent browsing through your latest posts to get that count of posts last week, I noticed you had been on the site yesterday, and that's why I commented

We've all missed games, it happens. I wasn't even looking at you as a fair-weather fan, more or lessa s one who has nothing to say after defending OSU last week

feeltheforce - I'm not sure how someone can watch a football game during a Broadway show and not be considered rude to others around one's self

How did you do this at a baptism without being rude? Granted many of those at this baptism might have been hard core football fans and it might have been possible to to break away and not inconvenience others.

ParkTrips said it best, he was online and even posted in another thread!

I should have clarified, I was at the reception, not during the actual mass. That would have been terrible! The father of the baby was actually the one who ended up "leading" the cause to see the game. But that's beside the point, like I said, this isn't about me or my fanhood.

Regardless, what's done is done, and no hard feelings, slither.