TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That's it, I have lost faith in humanity

A year from now all we're going to see is episodes of "16 And Pregnant" and these will be the names. Great, even more reason for them to treat "it" like a toy...

You mean "12 And Pregnant"??? Lol. At my school, for my class alone, about 15% of the girls are pregnant or have been. But I'm in high school, not middle school where the 12-year-olds are. Kids REALLY are having children in middle school. WTF.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel bad for anyone who was named something because of Twilight. It could lead to a lot of teasing and name calling in the future.

I actually kind of like my name, even though both the first and middle names have somewhat alternative spellings (Randi Jaclyn). And my sister's name also has a non-common spelling (Alyson). I think our parents just liked spelling things differently.

One thing that I do like about the way my parents named me and my sister is that they followed a Jewish tradition of naming children after deceased family members, but they put a spin on it. My parents gave us the same initials as the people we were named after, but our Hebrew names (Razel Yosefa and Avrahama Chana) are the exact/feminized forms of their names.

But anyway, IMO if people are going to name kida after a book series, it should be one that isn't cringe-worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Two great comments from the above:

As an ambassador from the furry fandom, we would just like to say that we have NOTHING to do with these people.

back in my day, teen werewolves played basketball and starred in school plays and surfed on the top of vans… not this lame s***.

^ It gets worse...

LatinoReview received an awesome letter from a, shall we say, “naive” Taylor Lautner fan. She takes Universal Studios to task for stealing werewolves from Twilight, even though Universal Studios released the first mainstream werewolf movie in 1935. For those of you lucky enough to not know who Lautner is, let me ruin your day by telling you he’s that werewolf kid in Twilight. There. Now that’s stuck in your head where something more important like the lyrics to “Rock Lobster” could have been instead.

This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself. For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon. It gives the werewolves a bad name and makes them look like some deformed mutation of a rabid dog. I actually started to like werewolves after seeing Jacob Black and all his awesomeness on the big screen at the movies. That was until I saw your crappy remake of what you call to be a "were wolf". I don't see how you live with yourself for making it the way you did. If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet? Better yet, have you saw the transformation of the man that is "supposed" to be the wolf? He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak. If you would watch the transformation of Jacob Black, (Taylor Lautner) he doesn't come close to looking as fake, cheap and or mutated as the wolf man. You tell me, who looks to be the better werewolf. Your stupid Wolf Movie didn't even make the top Movie for the charts; Valentines Day WITH TAYLOR Lautner! Get that this is MY oppinion and I felt I wanted to express it because I saw that your email was on your site. I wanted to let you know this is what i thought of the wolf man that sucks.

FREAKIN LAUTNER DID!

*she then compares Twilight to the Wolfman remake.*

Hey Universal, you just got PWNED. That's what you get for making a werewolf movie that clearly rips off Twilight. Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed! Good luck defending yourselves in court!!

Edited by netdvn

• 1 month later...

A year from now all we're going to see is episodes of "16 And Pregnant" and these will be the names. Great, even more reason for them to treat "it" like a toy...

You mean "12 And Pregnant"??? Lol. At my school, for my class alone, about 15% of the girls are pregnant or have been. But I'm in high school, not middle school where the 12-year-olds are. Kids REALLY are having children in middle school. WTF.

What's wrong with using condoms...?

They aired that show on MTV NL as well. It is some of the best type casting ever...

My girlfriend works at elementary school as a teacher, she sees all kinds of crazy names. The latest trend in Holland is naming your boy 'Kik'.

• 4 weeks later...