TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Wild Adventures Media Day 4-17-10

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That sounds a bit more accurate...

Great TR, I cant wit to get back down there and experiance the park again!

That was my biggest peeve was the tree situation, glad to see HFC combat it!

Also I recommend that they have more Canadian bands as well as Blue Oyster Cult for the next concert season.

Right there with you Erik!

Rush time Machine Tour 2011????? I could only hope!!

Rush+ Coasters= Insane awesomeness that cannot be described!!!!!

GREAT to hear about the trees. Me and my family visited 9 years ago and they swore they wouldn't go back due to the lack of shade, of all things.

I totally agree on the big coaster comment Erik. Their coaster collection is large, but reflects the park as a whole. Big, family-friendly to the nth, lots of stuff to do but lacking any kind of OMG must-visit attraction. A reborn Time Machine from FMP could be a good start...

Awesome PTR, Erik!

This park seems to be moving forward by leaps and bounds. My family had a great time on our visit back in 2002, and the park looks 200% better now than it did back then.

It seems as if (with the exception of Celebration City) everything Herschend touches turns to gold...

Erik, thanks again for another great TR! I echo your thoughts. Wild Adventures is a great little clean, friendly, park. I feel like it's a hidden gem. It has high standards without being a overblown, overpriced, too busy, tourist trap. The tress are going to do wonders for the heat. Shade is so nice to have in a park.

I liked the new Tiger Show as well. The Aaron Radatz show was really funny, especially the banana routine . I really like his humor and magic combination. Probably one of the best performers I have seen at an amusement park. I saw him in Laughlin, Nevada and he brought the house down.

Great TR as usually!

josh

^There's no way it's that far. I drive from Gainesville to Atlanta pretty frequently. It's a straight shot right up 75 and you pass Wild Adventures on the way. I'd say 3.5 hours from downtown Atlanta to Wild Adventures.

Mapquest is your friend

I have no idea where i got 5 hours from... I even used mapquest. Must have misread it, I was leaving work when I made the post. Having grown up in the ATL area and driving the 75 corridor countless times, i should have know better. Thanks for the correction!

We almost stopped at WA on the way to Disney last year, but our schedule didn't leave us much breathing room and Cheetahs reputation also had a lot to do with it too. But the park does look beautiful, the improvements are really noticeable from the older trip reports.

The concert schedule looks completely awesome...are they all free with season passes? I'm really pretty jealous about this since King's Island barely uses Timberwolf for anything but a few music festivals, (Spiritsong is always good though), and cheerleading competitions. They're lineup of concerts at WA is incredible. They have it all covered from classic rock to christian, and country to gospel.

Anyway, great job WA, and thanks for another great TR Erik!

This is encouraging. I believe in 2007 I was last at Wild Adventures on an early Sunday and both Cheetah and Hangman was closed. I also missed the Mine Coaster and Fiesta Express so I feel a fury to get back this upcoming week to get the missing coasters and the new ones. I feel like this could be a great redemption.

I also own Zombieland on Dvd. Pacific Playland!

I saw on the website discounts at participating Walgreens. Did anyone take advantage of that? I may try to find one in Northern Florida or near Valdosta.