TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

This is hilarious and kinda awesome. (Yes I know its dangerous and stupid too!) I would think the park would - even during the off season - have at least ONE security guard keeping an eye on everything. So either they didn't, which is stupid, or they did, and homeboy was sleeping on the job.

PHILA. FOP MOVES PICNIC FROM DORNEY PARK AFTER TREATMENT OF EMPLOYEE

Thursday, February 11, 2016 08:56AM

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police President John McNesby announced Wednesday the union's annual summer picnic will not be held at Dorney Park as it has been the past four years.

And it's all because of the park's treatment of former employee Chris Emery.

Emery, a 12-year employee of the park who has special needs, was initially told he would not be re-hired because of his performance during a new interview process. Park management later apologized and reversed the decision.

Emery was offered his job back at the amusement park for a 13th year, but he declined.

The story went viral and resonated with people across the country, including the FOP.

McNesby says what happened was unthinkable, telling Action News the FOP's annual picnic hosts 4,000 people and costs about $250,000.

When asked where the picnic will be held this year, McNesby says, "Anywhere else that will take and support kids with disabilities."

Mike Fehnel, the Allentown park's general manager, has said the company respects and values all of their workers.

ABC6

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/02/new-dorney-park-thunderhawk-train.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Nice little Thunderhawk update!!!!

And just like he said in a different article, it won't hurt the park. And there are other employees that were hired back that have disabilities.

I was wondering, with Thunderhawk's repainting, new trains, and new light package, can we also expect to see some retracking?

I'm not too sure if you're aware of this but, some support restructuring had occurred during the 2014/15 off season. Hopefully they continue to work on the track but, they may put that off until a later time but, it wouldn't make sense to paint Thunderhawk all nicely and then re-track the coaster. So, maybe they'll do it now. But, in my opinion, Thunderhawk gave a great ride when I had visited the park back in June for the first time so a re-tracking may not be necessary.

Eh, it doesn't need retracking. It needs those trims turned off.

There's a few spots that could do with a bit of retracking. The turn after the first hill needs it. The final turn around needs some retracking and a reprofile, it's way too underbanked, you can hear/feel the train smashing against the track trying to make the turn. While it provides some good laterals, it's jerky and to me is just painful.

Does anybody know if they've started to paint at all? I've been driving past the park nearly every day and Thunderhawk still looks the same to me (At least from Lincoln Ave and Hamilton)

Eh, it doesn't need retracking. It needs those trims turned off.

There's a few spots that could do with a bit of retracking. The turn after the first hill needs it. The final turn around needs some retracking and a reprofile, it's way too underbanked, you can hear/feel the train smashing against the track trying to make the turn. While it provides some good laterals, it's jerky and to me is just painful.

Does anybody know if they've started to paint at all? I've been driving past the park nearly every day and Thunderhawk still looks the same to me (At least from Lincoln Ave and Hamilton)

No, they haven't started painting it yet.