TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Yeah, as you can see there is only a little of the overflow lot that is paved. I've heard from someone on Facebook that they plan on moving the front entrance to about where the toll booths are in the next few years. I don't think that is true at all. But the overflow is in need of a pave.

image.thumb.jpg.633aaeaae3064482d6cd966aa9f6588b.jpg

As you can see, maybe 2/5th or so of the lot is paved.

I've heard from someone on Facebook that they plan on moving the front entrance to about where the toll booths are in the next few years.

I heard they're moving it down to where Carousel Groves are now, in preparation for the "Totally going to happen crazy super giga B&IntaminCI gate coaster we're getting in 2016 for real this time"

Okay, i need to go on a rant here.

I was just reading some reviews on TripAdvisor of Dorney. And i usually read the bad ones just to see what bad experience people have at the park. (yes that is my first mistake.)

Most of the bad reviews from this year are from when people visited on the busy days, and some are even from July 11th, which was the busiest day of the year (there was a group that had 9,500 pre sold tickets on top of the 20,000 that was expected to come.)

Many people were complaining about how lines were long, and how that had to wait for food. Other very saying how cursing was a big thing in the park. Employees cant do anything about people using foul language. We will just get cursed at. Another thing is, you are going to an amusement park, yes it is going to be expensive. They complain about parking, 15 dollars is a lot, but it more at other parks. Food is expensive at all park you visit. I just don't understand that when you plan to go to a park on a saturday in the summer, you should expect it to be busy. They were also complaining about trash being everywhere in the park, now i've heard that DP is one of the cleanest parks in the company. Some of you may disagree, that is okay. People were saying how they had to park in the overflow lot and had to walk a log distance to the enterance of the park, they said 30 minutes but i doubt that. Well of course you are going to sit in traffic and park in the overflow lot when it is a saturday in july/august and the park is one way inbound all day.

I started to read some of parks like CP and WDW just to see what people said about them. Those werent as bad as i thought.

Im sorry, this is completely random and unnecessary. I just had to get it off my chest, and to see what other have to say about the park.

Rant over

^^People will complain about anything, anytime, anywhere. It's just the nature of stupid/ignorant people.

As roller coaster/park enthusiasts we have the luxury of knowing exactly what to anticipate and why certain things that aren't completely catered to our tastes are the way they are. The downside is that not everybody is such a nerd and people have other things to do. Combine that with stupidity and people looking for everything imaginable to complain about ("WHAT? You have to pay to park? But at Holiday World it was free..."), and you have those yelp reviews.

I bet those same people "forgot" to mention all the positive experiences they had at the park that day. Looking back, I can't remember a single day at an amusement park where I had more negative experiences than positive. And you know what? That's pretty damn impressive.

That is true. In all honesty I love amusement park good. That's one of the things I love about going. Yes I understand that stuff is over priced but that the world we live in. I haven't had a lot of bad experiences at parks other then the power going out at CP in may. You go for the fun and to make memories but people just see the worst in all of it.

My favorite thing at work is hearing people say how Hershey and Great Adventure are better parks. Yes they are. So go to them.

I have read enough reviews over the years to never go to Dorney on a summer weekend because during the summer I spend most of my time in WWK and the water rides on the ride side of the park and even on a weekday it can get crowded. Especially when you see a picture like there where even the Fast Lane line for Snake Pit looks like it could be 15+ minutes.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NlRM1x297N4/VbQEaX2NiII/AAAAAAAAjlk/s7X5z8qdCjQ/s1600/DP%2B72515%2BE.jpg

I don't know what those people who write the bad reviews expect. Any park is going to be crowded on a summer weekend if the weather is ok.

We've been there when we had to park in the grass in the overflow lot and I'm sure the waterpark was a mob scene. The waits for Hydra and Talon were insane that day too... We probably waited almost 3 minutes for them.

^^

One can pretty much tell when a troll/moron writes a bad review on Trip Advisor or Yelp. Poor spelling/grammar, text type, run-on sentences, foul language, etc...look for the ones that are clearly written, because those are usually by people that will give a pretty fair review.

I usually try to stay away from the poorly grammar reviews. Some of the good grammar ones are just stupid complaints like over price crap. And I believe some or most of them have been to great adventure. And I'm not getting in that discussion again.

Long time lurker (and former Dorney employee), first time posting.

What does everyone think of this? According to the article, CF plans to add VR to another park in the chain. With the new trains on Thunderhawk and the lack of any 2016 announcement, does anyone else see this as a possibility for Thunderhawk? Ouimet said in the interview they're adding VR to rides that don't run at capacity, so I could see this as a great way (along with the new trains) to increase interest/ridership. If the testing were to happen and went well they'd be able to market the new trains, retracking, and VR additions as a whole new experience, alongside the announcements of the other changes for 2016 that I probably shouldn't talk about.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. I mean, it did seem like no one ever rode it but I friggin love those things. Also, this is now two flats they've removed in the past year and they are getting nothing for 2016 (not that I was a fan of Hangtime).

What is going on? When I think "good flat collection" I think Dorney, and that's two pretty big ones they just squashed. What's interesting is they are so close to each other - are they freeing up space for something? Probably not but a little speculation is always fun.

Guys, the loss of a crappy upcharge attraction is seriously not a big deal. Not an important part of their flat line-up at all. The upcharge they used to have near where Posessed is now was a way bigger loss, way back when. I don't remember what it was called but man that thing was fun.

Guys, the loss of a crappy upcharge attraction is seriously not a big deal. Not an important part of their flat line-up at all. The upcharge they used to have near where Posessed is now was a way bigger loss, way back when. I don't remember what it was called but man that thing was fun.

Skyscraper! What an awesome ride.

Isn't it at Cedar Point as an upcharge now?

What is going on? When I think "good flat collection" I think Dorney, and that's two pretty big ones they just squashed. What's interesting is they are so close to each other - are they freeing up space for something? Probably not but a little speculation is always fun.

I maintain that the spot where hangtime was would be perfect for a Sky Rocket II from Premier. If they actually remove Thunder Canyon they could probably fit a Hyper-GTX in that spot as well, and that'd be even better.

I can dream can't I?

I maintain that the spot where hangtime was would be perfect for a Sky Rocket II from Premier. If they actually remove Thunder Canyon they could probably fit a Hyper-GTX in that spot as well, and that'd be even better.

They better not remove Thunder Canyon. It has to be the wettest river rapids ride I've ever been on.