• vuurvogel
    • WillMontu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted for Angry Gumball, jcrouse and n7 (in no particular order). I felt that all three had a very professional layout, and would stand out from other club cards IMO.

I only have two minor (very minor) critiques. First off I don't care for the way "club" reads on Angry Gumball's card. Second, I am going to agree with Robb's thoughts on jcrouse's design. It would be nice to have a design there. I think it would stand out more.

I loved jds's logo but not the card. It reminded me of Wylie Coyote (which isn't a bad thing) but it might come of a bit "cartoon-ish" to some. I also liked J Man's with the donkey but I understand Robb's reasoning of not having it on the actual card.

Great job to everyone that entered! I can't wait to see what Robb and Elissa pick.

First and foremost, I wanted to give a huge bag o' props to all the people who entered this competition. These designs are simply amazing. You all showed an incredible amount of creativity, talent, and passion. Any one of these designs would make an excellent Club TPR card as far as I'm concerned. You all should be very proud. I wish each one of you all the best if you choose to continue down the graphic design pathway. There is a plethora of talent here, and I hope each of you are successful in your future endeavors

With that said...

...I loved the over all design of Angry gumball's card. However, I think the TPR logo on jds03's card was simply amazing. IMHO, I found n7's card very professional, but my eyes could never settle on one portion of the card. It's very busy and almost too hard to look at.

If you were to combine any 2, I would go with the layout of rcrider's card with jds03's Club TPR logo. I think they would compliment each other very well.

Just my 2 cents.

Guy"What do I know, I just plug in video cable for a living." Koepp

Wow, good work at all!

Didn´t vote for, but I like the donkey of Jman´s Card, too. Don´t like the rest of the card.

Jcrouse´s is also a good creation, but in my opinion the background don´t fit to TPR... I can´t figure out what it should stands for?

Angry_Gumball was one of my favorites while the creation topic, but you changed your stile after a while, which I don´t like as much as your first starts with the squares In my opinion you do have the best logo! But cause of your card I didn´t vote Sorry.

So good luck for all!

My voting:

1. N7 (most stylish and most professional looking)

2. Jds03 (most fun and TPR touch)

3. rcrider (there are the missed squares of Angry_Gumball´s card )

Jds03 is #1 for me.

It stands out more than the others because of the 'photo' background.

The 'TPR' coaster logo looks amazing.

However, the angled text has to go - just does not look professional (in terms of looking 'legit'). It's okay to have logos and artwork angled, but for important information, nope.

Maybe straighten out the text, and you're all set.

Overall, I really like n7's. The only thing I don't like about this final version is the cartoon roller coaster/drop tower, I really preferred Kumba.

rcrider's is really nice. Something about it is very TPR to me.

Jds03. LOVE the colors in this one, however I understand how the picture could have printing issues (But it's so pretty!). The logo is great as well.

I know that whatever the card becomes, I'll either love it or grow to love it. It's been really neat watching these designs be created, and will be even cooler when I have one in my wallet.

-Nick

My top 3 are Jds03, N7, and Jman.

I like Jds03 Club TPR logo the best. (I think it is good representation of the fun of this site)

N7 I like the overall look of the card. The colors, as well as the way the Theme Park Review name is shown.

Jman, I love the Donkey. I wish you could include a small version of him somewhere in the card. (Though I understand why you have reservations against using it)

Overall I think everyone who contributed their time to this effort did a Great Job!

I chose in no order Jds03, n7 and Calaway Park.

Although many of the designs are very good I thought these three were the best. I also thought that the original design from n7 was the best. As for Jds03's card, I actually quite like it. It has a slight 'Crash Bandicoot' feel to it, it is also remarkably similar to one of the old Tussaud's annual passes. As for Calaway Park's, it just *felt* right.

Congratulations to all involved, if I didn't have dammed A-Levels I would have redone my logo and presented a card, but I just didn't have time.

^In short, Yes, but it took allot more than just copying a screenshot. I had to remake it in Photoshop and add effects to make it crisper. It was actually part of an art piece I was doing about coaster track for my AP art concentration. It’s not nearly finished yet, but this will give you an idea of how I made it:

Trackwork.jpg.59b382c49731c6de3b480e207682a0c2.jpg