TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

I'm so over the psychological/dark themes Merlin are obsessed with at the moment, but it will be interesting to see what this ride's like. I can't really remember the last new Merlin dark ride I've been on.

They seem to be working on the logic that if it already works why not stick with it. I do understand that to a point but I would really like to see something with a more fun original theme at somewhere like Chessington or Alton Towers. Also I think the last new dark ride any Merlin attraction got was Atlantis: Submarine Voyage at Legoland or before that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Alton Towers. I think that may actually be the only 2 they have ever done since they purchased Tussauds.

Also for those wondering about the video teaser for next years attraction here it is.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...
^ If it helps, I actually heard that Thorpe Park has really well done mazes during Halloween.

After thinking about this, I got sold in the end and planned the trip for early November. Do you guys think it´s worth buying the fast passes at this time? Going there on Monday the 2nd.

I accidentally clicked the wrong link in the reply notification and went to the first page. I had forgot about the voting that Stealth had back then for a name and had a good chuckle. Although speaking of memory lane I also remember way back when people spent months talking about silly rumors about Chessington getting rid of Samurai and sending it to Thorpe Park and how that would never happen.

^I really don't think you should need one as Fright Nights will be over and the park is only open 10am-4pm. I would expect as most schools will be back the park should be pretty quiet.

That´s true. I also believe it´s better to not go there as there is quite high chance some raids are going to be closed, right?

^I really don't think you should need one as Fright Nights will be over and the park is only open 10am-4pm. I would expect as most schools will be back the park should be pretty quiet.

That´s true. I also believe it´s better to not go there as there is quite high chance some raids are going to be closed, right?

Other than Slammer and Tidal Wave being closed early for the season I haven't heard of anything else that is or will be closing. I would expect all the major coasters to be open and all other rides probably with the exception of Samurai because that hardly ever opens and last time I was at the park it was stripped down.

^They are all just black pictures. I assume its something like "The island is going dark". Thorpe Park do like their dark apocalyptic themes.

Are you sure? I haven´t time myself to check it, but I thought it´s an ARG, so the pictures actually carry some code in them.

Does Derren Brown have much of an international following? It's an interesting IP, not really sure what to make of this ride or even whether I should be excited. Merlin's marketing efforts normally are too OTT for me to really enjoy a ride for what it's worth so I'm always ultra cautious because otherwise it's a huge anticipointment (favourite example: Thirteen)

Does Derren Brown have much of an international following? It's an interesting IP, not really sure what to make of this ride or even whether I should be excited. Merlin's marketing efforts normally are too OTT for me to really enjoy a ride for what it's worth so I'm always ultra cautious because otherwise it's a huge anticipointment (favourite example: Thirteen)
you can't spell disappointment without I'm a celebrity

^'worlds first' and Merlin aren't a great combination, they could literally market anything as a worlds first. World first ride with 32 steps leading to the station.

Hearing the possible theme and this being at Thorpe I have incredibly low expectations and I'm sure they won't be met.

Does Derren Brown have much of an international following?

Is Derren Brown even as relevant now as he was in previous years? Its not like he is doing his insane stuff like predicting the lottery and playing Russian Roulette "live" on TV anymore. I maybe see his stage show on TV once or twice a year now.