TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Oh, bye bye carousel. how sad. I guess thats the last of the old park mascots have gone now? My childhood has officially been removed from Thorpe Park.

I could never understand why they got rid of these mascots. I thought they were pretty cool especially for younger kids. I'm trying to remember what there was... the money, why used to have his own ride from memory, a lady hippo, a bear? umm.. thats all i can remember.

The Thorpe Ranger rides were:

Mr Rabbits Tropical Tavels

Cheif Rangers Carosuel

Mr Monkeys Banana Ride

Miss Hippos Fungle Safari

Mr Monkey is now the last ranger standing and I can't believe he will have much life left in him as the swinging ship doesn't really get that much interest from guests and has very low through put.

I sadly agree. Not that i should be too sad as I never ride the banana boat myself, too much repetitive motion... it doesn't get on well with me.

That area is a bit unloved at the moment, there isn't much theme to it. It just sits behind no-way out in a kinda jungle kinda not themed bit. I wonder, if anything, Thorpe will do with this area.

That area is a bit unloved at the moment, there isn't much theme to it. It just sits behind no-way out in a kinda jungle kinda not themed bit. I wonder, if anything, Thorpe will do with this area.

The 2016 dark ride is going in that area.

Oh great! I sure hope that comes to fruition. It would be nice to have a family ride which everyone can enjoy without getting wet. hopefully the ride is long enough to make it worth the queue... I'm looking at you storm surge!

It is already happening. Construction has begun with the removal of the arena and Chief Rangers Carousel. The plans for the attraction can be found here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1517748#p1517748

Sorry, what i meant was I hope its actually a dark ride not another walk through maze or something like an aquarium (not that it looks like its going to be with the debilitated look)

I also hope its better than charlie and the chocolate factory in AT. Its an OK ride but really only appeals to children not to the whole family.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Me and some friends were planning on visiting Thorpe Park from Sweden in June. How are the crowds 15-26 of June? Is there a differnce between 15 and 26 of June? Thanks for the help

OK I've had a thought.

What if this new "dark ride" is going to be a screen based shooter. To me it makes total sense. its not that expensive and has total re-ride ability?

A Dr. Who themed screen based shooter. Like Toy Story Midway Mania. I'll put my money on that

If it is a shooter, here's hoping it's more like JLBM and not their current shooters at Alton Towers & Chessington (Duel & Tomb Blaster). Shooting at twinkling lights stuck on the scenery, does tend to break the immersion of the experience.

I agree, I mean I do like both Tomb Blaster and Duel. I was a bit sad when they upgraded tomb blaster because of all the nostalgia of the old ride which I used to absolutely love as a kid! But, they were good overlays of existing rides in my opinion.

But I just have a gut feeling (which may be completely unfounded) that this will be a screen based shooter. basically and arcade game that moves. Rides like toy story mania, the new justice league ride at six flags over texas and Voyage to the Iron Reef.

Its not what the sort of dark ride I want but i think its what we're gonna get

thorpe park are defenetly struggling with operations this year. (not that i've been yet in 2015, but i'heard about it all)

first the long closure of detinator, then vortex's issues, the water rides (especially rumba), slammer still not open and other issues that concern rides running on 1 train. (colossus?)

hopefully the introduction of the new i'm a celebrity atraction will be good for the park

13th-17th July will probably be one of the worst times to go this year. It's the last week of school for most so there are lots of school trips everyday of the week, so much so that Thorpe have previously deployed some serious crowd control measures. If you can get there any earlier I'd strongly advise it, but if you don't have the choice, fastrack will almost certainly be worthwhile.

Fastrack is such a shambles at Thorpe, with overselling galore, that the queue to even get fastrack tickets can be longer than the main queue you're trying to avoid, and the actual fastrack queue at the rides can be a considerable length as well!

I would say yes. Late June through to mid July is one of the busiest times of the year. We went at a similar time of year two years ago and all the main queues were 1.5-2 hours. I wouldn't go again at that time of year without fastrack. While fastrack queues can and will get long, they only tend to do so in the afternoon, so if book them online and collect on arrival, you should get a head start.