TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the tallest tower ride in the world?

I was watching this video I saw of that Sky Screamer ride at Marineland in Canada and I thought that was the tallest in the world but I heard it isn't anymore so my question is that is it still the tallest in the world or has it been beaten by another one I know that one is about 450 feet tall and I don't think that any other park would want to build a tower ride taller than that but you never know.

For those of you who don't know what it is here's a video of it. Also if anyone could help me with trying to figure out how to make it into a video you can just watch on here and not have to click the link to watch it I'd be really grateful.

[/img]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe Sky Screamer was ever the tallest?

The 450 foot stat includes the 150 foot hill the ride was built on. The towers themselves are not 450 feet.

This is after all the park that still advertises Dragon Mountain as the worlds largest steel roller coaster.

I don't believe Sky Screamer was ever the tallest?

The 450 foot stat includes the 150 foot hill the ride was built on. The towers themselves are not 450 feet.

This is after all the park that still advertises Dragon Mountain as the worlds largest steel roller coaster.

That's what I thought so what one is the tallest in the world now? is it still that Superman ride in Texas?

Marineland's claim isn't exactly true as they include the height of the "mountain" it is on in the height claim.

I believe Tower of Terror at Dreamworld in Australia is the actual tallest in the world, and it opened several years before Sky Screamer.

I'm not talking about roller coasters I'm talking about the power shot and turbo drop rides like Power Tower at CP or most of the Six Flags parks.

Oh wait my bad I forgot about the drop ride they have attached to the back of the tower that roller coaster is attached to. So yeah I think that one's considered the tallest in the world but I don't think anyone going to beat highest in the world with that Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere.

I wouldn't mind to ride that but after what happened with that Intamin tower ride where those girls legs got chopped off I'd be a little hesitant to ride it. I know it's almost physically impossible for that to happen again but there's always that chance.

I was actually a little hesitant to go onto Goliath when I went to Magic Mountain because I heard in Popular Science magazine a few months before I went that this healthy lady went onto that ride and when the train came back in the station she was dead.

^^1. It was removed with some of the pieces being sent to Six Flags St. Louis.

2. It is more likely to happen on another drop tower than it would on the tower the accident happened at (if it was still around).

3. It wasn't the rides fault, but the result of poor maintenance, so you shouldn't worry too much.

I've ridden the Intamin towers quite a bit since that accident, honestly almost forgot that the leg thing even happened.

About Goliath, I think that lady had some pre-existing conditions before she rode it. I think during that ride she had an aneurysm in the brain and arrived back in the station dead.

Back on topic with the drop towers, I definitely would not mind riding that Tower of Terror. I wonder how much of that tower is all brakes...Also, Isn't Blue Fall in Japan the second tallest tower?

I wouldn't mind to ride that but after what happened with that Intamin tower ride where those girls legs got chopped off I'd be a little hesitant to ride it. I know it's almost physically impossible for that to happen again but there's always that chance.

I was actually a little hesitant to go onto Goliath when I went to Magic Mountain because I heard in Popular Science magazine a few months before I went that this healthy lady went onto that ride and when the train came back in the station she was dead.

Are you talking about the one girl who lost a leg on "Scream" at SFNE?

^ No one has ever lost a leg on Scream at Six Flags New England. The accident happened on Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

I am absolutely dieing to get on Giant Drop at Dreamworld. Is it more comparable in terms of intensity to a 2nd generation Intamin tower, or a 'gyro' drop?