TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yes!! Subliminal messaging at its finest!

I still can't get over the custom license plate.. like there are sooo many DMC time machines parked everywhere that you need help distinguishing it

Come to think of it, I laughed a lot! Thanks Ryan!!

Youd be suprised at how many DeLoreans are in Fresno! A lot of people like to time travel back to the time when they didnt live in Fresno!

And the Licnese plate is kind of a thing we do in my family. My dad's is "RONKING" my mom's was "JANKING" and mines "RYNKING"

Just kind of a "tradition" so to speak.

-Ryan

I've been busy the last week or so, so missed much of the conversation.

The Evo - Awesome car, but I really don't like the looks (especially the front end).

Audi A8: Also love the looks, but those LEDs are hideous. In fact I have yet to see a single use of external LEDs on any car that didn't make my eyes bleed. A horrible and pointless trend that achieves nothing. Audi needs to stop trying to be Lexus and go back to making cars that capture the spirit of driving, rather than cars that are full of useless toys and junk. I mean of all the car companies out there, they are trying to be LEXUS?!

Cameron.

The car not only has a Flux Capacitor, it also has a Hooverboard also.

Herbert Hoover is a skateboarder? Who knew?

We actually had a Delorean come to our A&W Cruise Night last week... I got someone's digital watch, grabbed my sunglasses and struck a BTTF poster pose with the open gullwing.

Only about 50K from cleaning out my life savings and getting one. (It's a much more realistic dream than a Lamborghini anyway.)

"In fact I have yet to see a single use of external LEDs on any car that didn't make my eyes bleed." (Cameron)

No offense, but I hope you're not referring to the newer taillights and increasingly common front blinkers that use LEDs. To me, that's a great idea. Why are we still using incandescent light bulbs (an 19th Century technology) in modern cars? LEDs last almost forever, they come in many colors, they're energy efficent, and, because they light faster than incandescent bulbs, may be safer.

That's also why traffic lights are going that route.

Eric

I am slowly replacing all the led bulbs I can in my car to save in the long run on bulbs. So far, I have replaced my under dash lights with led bulbs. I am awaiting led bulbs for dome light and my driving lights. I can't find any led brake lights for my car because it is a older design. The newer malibu's (I think ltz and hybrid) have led brake lights or led options. I can't wait to see a led headlight bulb that is plug and play. The only option for brake light led's I have is led bulbs that are not as bright as normal bulbs.

LED Tail-lights .. They're expensive, they're ugly, they're harsh, and the duty-cycle beats with streetlights at night and is supremely irritating.

Not to mention how ugly and harsh they are. I mean seriously, they are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. In the front of the car is an engine where something like only 20%-30% of energy is turned into actual movement (the remaining 70%-80% is heat - which you then need to cool) .. but you're right, not having to change a light-bulb every four years is a more important problem to solve

Cameron.

Concerning Audis...

I also dont like the use of the LEDs under the headlights of the newer Audis. It ruins the good looks of the R8 in my opinion. I dont agree that all external LEDs are bad though. The tail and indicator LED lights are the way to go I think. The down side is too many companies are trying to make interesting patterns in the tail lights with them, which I feel is just distracting. As for headlights, the dury is still out whether the trend for halogen lamps should be replaced with high power LED lamps. My mates LED light on the front of his downhill bike is more powerful that the headlight on my car.

Audi seem to be doing now what BMW were doing the last few years. They are being driven by idiots (in the UK at least). It used to be BMWs that would tailgate, barge in rudely, force you to brake hard at junctions, and generaly come across as arrogant gits who think its your duty to get out of their way. Over the last year or two, they all seem to have sold their BMWs and have bought Audis. Its a shame, cos Audis are good cars.

If money was not an object, I would definitely want to drive THIS:

The Lamborghini Reventon... 650 horsepower V12 engine. HELL YES.

Too bad only 20 are being made.

Even if money were no object, that car is such a low volume production, you wouldn't be able to get hold of one, shame because it has possibly the best instrument panel of any car i've even seen...

If money was not an object, I would definitely want to drive THIS:

The Lamborghini Reventon... 650 horsepower V12 engine. HELL YES.

Too bad only 20 are being made.

Even if money were no object, that car is such a low volume production, you wouldn't be able to get hold of one

So wait, who is gonna get 'em then? People who operate beyond the means of worldwide currencies?

Money always talks.

^ They also initially built 349, but eventually the number rose to 399. Wonder what convinced Ferrari to build 50 more? Maybe some collectors sent them a few nice fruit baskets or something?

I stand by my statement that money always talks.

EDIT: And plus, as is the case with any new supercar, sure you may not be on the list to get one off the assembly line, but with any persisitence and cash, you'll certainly be able to obtain one shortly after they hit the market.....and with very little mileage as well. Nothing in the car world is completely unobtainable.

Oooooh okay. I know they did sell one for charity, which went for like three times its starting price. Thats the thing about Ferrari's, if you get one it's value automatically goes it because of how selective the list is. Still, with only 400 Enzo's in the world, you have to hate Eddie Griffin for killing one of them.

^ It's Japanese. I won't have to replace them [tail-light bulbs] for at least 4 1/2 years.

Well I drive a German car, so I'd have to replace them every 2 years. Except it will turn out that the bulb is fine, and that it actually works as long as the passenger-side window is all the way down. After months of searching, and several trips to the dealer, we will discover that the fix is to replace the faulty radiator-fan module!

The Germans are probably the best mechanical engineers out there, but someone really needs to teach them how electrons work

Cameron.

I got my first car last night and I only paid 4000 bucks for it. It's a 1999 Nissan Maxima GXE and the antenna and receiver are both broken but I'm going to replace them soon. It is a fun little car and it gets pretty good gas mileage for a V6.

car.jpg.10ca64a01e00c2eaddb0af5fa15438e5.jpg

My new car!!

I have kind of a dilemma.

I plan on going this or next weekend to pre-order a Volkswagen Jetta Diesel, but I don't know whether to get the sedan, or pick the "SportWagen".

I think it's more preference and if you like wagons or sedans.

Its probably just that I haven't seen the Wagon version in person.

Does anyone have any suggestions? pros and cons?

I have kind of a dilemma.

I plan on going this or next weekend to pre-order a Volkswagen Jetta Diesel, but I don't know whether to get the sedan, or pick the "SportWagen".

I think it's more preference and if you like wagons or sedans.

Its probably just that I haven't seen the Wagon version in person.

Does anyone have any suggestions? pros and cons?

I'm thinking that at 16 years old, that's not much of a dilemma....rather a privilege. Pick one and be grateful.