TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

:nina:
I'm totally going to be that guy and squash that rumor before it even has a slight chance of taking off. I was at the Administration Building yesterday to process my season pass and I saw predator sitting still with no signs of nothing. It shall be predator again in 2017 and likely for every year following until it gets taken down. I'd love for the Lake Monster idea to become a reality but sadly at least for the foreseeable future' date=' I don't see it happening. However at another theme park 4.5hours or so away, "they're coming", so that's something to be excited about right? [/quote'] Thanks for the picture, and yes I am VERY excited for that campaign as I might have a chance to go in 2018! But I must point out "lake monster " is not owend by darein lake , it's owend by a pub . And the park is starting to at least trying to make the predator rideable, did anyone notice they removed the trims on the last camelbacks before the brakes run? But trying to build the ride in one year would be hard because the brake run is over a path. But darn who does that feild belong to?

What field?

Look at 1299 Sumner Rd where the picture was taken but, look behind and there will be a feild that has been cleared recently and it looks to havesomething in it.

I'm totally going to be that guy and squash that rumor before it even has a slight chance of taking off. I was at the Administration Building yesterday to process my season pass and I saw predator sitting still with no signs of nothing. It shall be predator again in 2017 and likely for every year following until it gets taken down. I'd love for the Lake Monster idea to become a reality but sadly at least for the foreseeable future' date=' I don't see it happening. However at another theme park 4.5hours or so away, "they're coming", so that's something to be excited about right? [/quote'] Thanks for the picture, and yes I am VERY excited for that campaign as I might have a chance to go in 2018! But I must point out "lake monster " is not owend by darein lake , it's owend by a pub . And the park is starting to at least trying to make the predator rideable, did anyone notice they removed the trims on the last camelbacks before the brakes run? But trying to build the ride in one year would be hard because the brake run is over a path. But darn who does that feild belong to?

What field?

Look at 1299 Sumner Rd where the picture was taken but, look behind and there will be a feild that has been cleared recently and it looks to havesomething in it.

Its firewood. The only relation it has to DL is campers buying it and burning it in a DL firepit.

What field?

Its firewood. The only relation it has to DL is campers buying it and burning it in a DL firepit.

Yes finally some halfway decent firewood hopefully the hooligans dont steal it

I don't understand is how they could have named the ride that even though the trademark exist already

There is Delta (airlines). Delta (faucet). Etc.

A trademark doesn't necessarily mean you can't use the same name. If the name is for two different industries and no confusion between the two names a trademark can't stop someone from using the name.

That said, I'm not a lawyer.

On the predator topic, I say rework it so that it is a classic out and back woodie. Take it all the way to route 77 and remove all,the banked curves. Think Blue Streak, and I bet it would be Fantastic!

On the predator topic, I say rework it so that it is a classic out and back woodie. Take it all the way to route 77 and remove all,the banked curves. Think Blue Streak, and I bet it would be Fantastic!

And don't forget some streamlined Morgan trains (find them somewhere somehow )

Where has this website been for the past 3 months? It's like he had the story but forgot to post it.

They tend to be a little slow on the draw, I wasn't sure if this was a new company or not so I figured I would post it, I never saw the original.

Where has this website been for the past 3 months? It's like he had the story but forgot to post it.

They tend to be a little slow on the draw, I wasn't sure if this was a new company or not so I figured I would post it, I never saw the original.

Does you think that the deal just was finished so they are just now reporting it?

The Buffalo News reported on the sale of DL today as well. Apparently the deal finalized this week, so now it's fair to report. They did say that Premier signed a very long term lease like 40 years with the new owners. They did also say that this new owners has more money to invest in the properties that CNL did not

Quite honestly, this is the best case scenario from an investment firm standpoint. It's not that CNL didn't have the money to invest, they just didn't want to invest for whatever reason. I think that they went into the Six Flags deal knowing that the parks would be a relatively quick flip, which is why they only fixed up areas that absolutely needed it. Remember that this deal has reportedly been in place for 2-3 years.

EPR actually has experience in the industry, and now Premier has a good deal of control when it comes to investing and the budgets for the park. If it's true, a 40 year lease gives them a lot of security to start building bigger, if they so please. I wouldn't be surprised to see them use this year as a feeling out before deciding their 5 year plan, which I would imagine includes something larger scale.

In any case a new REIT usually means fresh investment. They have incentive to increase the value of the parks through whatever means. That is why CNL added coasters to just about every park early on, though they were small models. CNL gets some great credit for doing a lot of grunt work behind the scenes to fix up these parks. I know Magic Springs and Frontier City got a lot of infrastructure work, new roofs, etc. and I'm sure Darien did too. With that out of the way, the clear path to adding value to the parks is with new rides!

I would expect to see something decent for 2018. Obviously the new owners have incentive to add value, and due to the late deal closing, this year was out of the picture. Next year will tell the story of what DL's future holds. I do however like the fact that the new owners have real amusement industry experience, so they understand what it takes to build a park

I would expect to see something decent for 2018.

they are due for something in 2017.

they are DEFINITELY getting something in 2016!

I heard they are getting a new coaster for 2015!

2 trains on all the rides next year! Called it!

2013 is the year! I feel it!

I bet we get another huge coaster soon!

In 2017:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2016:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2015:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2014:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2013:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2012:

you're not getting sh*t!

Too lazy to find more quotes, but I think I'm seeing a pattern

In 2017:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2016:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2015:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2014:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2013:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2012:

you're not getting sh*t!

That man is a genius.

P.S. your profile pic is disturbing....

In 2017:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2016:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2015:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2014:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2013:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2012:

you're not getting sh*t!

Haven't been in the DL thread in a while and this is the first post I see. Well done.

In 2017:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2016:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2015:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2014:

you're not getting sh*t!

In 2013:

you're not getting sh*t!