TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

The 3+ minute ride time has got me really excited, as does the top speed of 53 MPH. While still within the realm of family attractions, 53 MPH can still be quite thrilling! Also, the reference to the Mummy's track length was excellent because that ride is not very tall or fast or long, but kicks all sorts of a$$ in my opinion!

Would a bigger coaster have been cool? Sure, but this seems like it could be a perfect replacement for Big Bad Wolf, and it also should be very unique for the Mid-Atlantic region, so I could see how this could be a big hit for the park. I personally am really looking forward to it. Oktoberfest is going to have a completely new feel to it next year compared to a couple years ago.

-Gary

Just the tiniest bit sad that Cheetah Hunt is 200 feet short of being double the length of Verbolten.

It's not sad.

Verbolten is replacing Big Bad Wolf. Big Bad Wolf was 2800 feet long, Verbolten is 2835.

I'm actually kind of awe struck! There are rides that are one mile long that only last about two minutes, lift hill included. And yet this ride has a 3 min 25 second ride time at just 2,835 feet? That sounds pretty sweet. Somehow, I feel that the ride time isn't 100% accurate, they could include variables that I don't count, but it still sounds like a darn good replacement for BBW. Speaking of, I wonder if there will be any respectful references to BBW along the ride.

I'm actually kind of awe struck! There are rides that are one mile long that only last about two minutes, lift hill included. And yet this ride has a 3 min 25 second ride time at just 2,835 feet? That sounds pretty sweet. Somehow, I feel that the ride time isn't 100% accurate, they could include variables that I don't count, but it still sounds like a darn good replacement for BBW. Speaking of, I wonder if there will be any respectful references to BBW along the ride.

The drop track will take a good chunk of time. Maybe it'll surpass Leviathan and attain the record for "World's longest brake run".

Everyone in Virginia, please do not complain. You could be getting lame dinosaurs like us living in Ohio. Would personally love to see something like this at Cedar Point. Sure it won't ever happen.

lol I love how you're complaining about things "not ever happening" at cedar point..

Everyone in Virginia, please do not complain. You could be getting lame dinosaurs like us living in Ohio. Would personally love to see something like this at Cedar Point. Sure it won't ever happen.

Everyone in NAHoxworth Land, remember that the extra revenue most likely brought in by Dinosaurs Alive will help toward the development of a new major attraction.

The whole "Black Forest" theme looks like it's going to have so much more relevance in this attraction than the similar theme has for Thirteen at Alton Towers.

Plus, it could teach kids how NOT to drive! Drive fast around a corner in a car you don't know how to drive, and you might end up in the Black Forest as a creepy spirit!