TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Sorry I have been very busy at work for the last few days and I am a little behind on what's going on with problems, what has been fixed and what has not?

^Did you get my PM?

^^ No your not crazy Mastersax, all of your problems with 8cars are being caused by your version of Windows and all 8cars functions will work with only minor issues from time to time once you get XP running.

I downloaded the Harry Potter park from RCTMart. The first thing I do is let all of the staff "free" and start working on the objective. I got one solid coaster down and I start to get all of these messages that are like "Guests can't find bathrooms/food/drinks", and I do the thinkable, and build more shops and stalls and facilities. And after about 10 minutes, my park rating plummets from a 980 to 200. So I'm like "Oh crap trainer time". I go down the whole Staff list, and everyone seems to be happy doing great any everything, but my park rating is still 200. Good thing I saved after I built the coaster but does anyone know what happened and how I could avoid it?

^ The problem with the park is not you it is the park itself. It is very poorly designed with dead end paths and long stretches of path with nothing along them. What you need to do to save the park is look for areas that have guest piling up. Click on a few of them and see where they are trying to go. Then somewhere near by build a tunnel to solve the problem. Remember the park has 2 entrances on opposite ens of the map and once a guest decides which one he/she will be using to exit the park that is the one they will try to get to. Guest wanting to leave the park is why the parks ratings dropped so fast. Once you build the hidden paths and they get out the ratings will go back up.

I have a saved game version of this park with the path issue fixed I will post if you anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there was a way to use more scenery objects then what the scenario editor allows you to use. Half because I see a ton of people making extremely detailed parks and would have to use way more objects that it allows you to choose. The other half being that I need more than what I can use for my new park. THANKS!!!

I was wondering if there was a way to use more scenery objects then what the scenario editor allows you to use. Half because I see a ton of people making extremely detailed parks and would have to use way more objects that it allows you to choose. The other half being that I need more than what I can use for my new park. THANKS!!!

Physically you can not change the limits in the game for such categories; however, there are scenery packs that fill up other categories. For example:

The Pro tour bench has more small scenery, but the items were converted to act as large scenery items.

I recomend finding the Offical NE bench because it has the most diverse amount of scenerey to choose from, at least I think.

Levis found out a way to do it. But it's quiet glitchy and not recommended

^

The only time you can change such stats is only in the scenerio editor when making a new park, or making a save game into a sceniro. It happens later on when choosing options for the park.

Another way to do this is to use the 8 car function "all around guest" as this makes guest virtually ride anything in reason.

As much as I love the 8cars trainer when it comes to some functions the SOB trainer just kills it. There is a function in SOB that allow the game to refresh thing like All Around Guest (SOB calls it Macho Guests) automatically that 8cars just can't do. Same for mowing the lawns, watering flowers and so on. If 8cars had this auto timer feature it would be even better than it is now.

Does anyone know of a custom scenery set that has Tudor/Georgian walls, sort of like the ones in Wacky Worlds? I would just use those, but I'm not a big fan of any of the RCT2 expansion packs and don't want all of the useless coasters and scenery cluttering up my game menus.

Edited by BigDipper 80

Download the Harry potter park at RCTmart for tudor walls. They have a bunch of them saved in game. So just download the park. Put it in your saved games folder. Open it and go to your Scenario editor and all the scenery and rides in that park will automatically be saved into your Objdata folder.

I'm trying to merge a log flume with a "Splash Boats" ride (the classic merge, to make the drop steeper.)

However, I'm having two problems... First, this guide http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9657 tells me to set the launch speed of the splash boats to 5. But for some reason it won't go higher than 4.

Also, when I get to the actual log flume track and want to lower the "Alternative color scheme 1" part 8cars stops responding and shuts down. I'm sure I'm following the guide. I've tried both 8cars 1.21, 1.31 and 1.32 and no one works. I'm running RCT2 Triple Thrill on a Windows 7.

So, this may be a noob question, but what am I doing wrong?

SCR16.BMP

The merge.

^^ It will work but it wont trnsfer back to Windows7. It error traps. You would have to change to XP everytime that you open a park that has a merge in it. Sucks, I know but that is how it is. Windows7 and 8cars dont mix at all. If you would like more onto this discusion, me and dmaxsba went into this several pages back.