TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NL Seabreeze Tight Fit Contest

Wassup homies. This is a contest that's currently running over at Coasterfuel.com and I received permission to post it over here. Don't worry, you don't have to join another forum to join, just sign up here and post your entries here, simple as.

The following is a copy of the rules stated:

---

THE DEADLINE IS AUGUST 15, 2009, 11:59PM GMT-5

In other words, you've got plenty of time.

---

RULES:

1a: All track and supports must stay inside the entire template! Anything outside results in disqualification!

1b: Any track at 85 feet or lower from the ground (25.91 meters) will be tunnel tested. Any track above 85 feet (25.91 meters) will not be tunnel tested.

2a: Wooden coasters are allowed.

2b: All wooden coasters must not have maroon track or white supports.

2c: Morgan trains (for wooden coasters) are not allowed.

(2b and 2c are in place so the GP wouldn't confuse the ride with Jack Rabbit, the 89 year old wooden coaster that encircles this land plot)

3: Nothing is allowed in the red boxes - they are currently existing rides. Not following this rule results in disqualification!

4: In the purple box, track is allowed, and so are supports, however the track is not allowed to go under the markers.

5: Terrain is allowed to be edited anywhere except under the red boxes and the purple square, but must be sent in to at least one of the judges for evaluation to see if it is "too much"

6: The template is not allowed to be edited. (The terrain is, but NONE of the supports or boundaries.) Failure to follow this rule results in disqualification.

7: Max height is 130 feet (39.62 meters) above the ground. Since the template is elevated, this is technically a max height of 184 feet (56.08 meters). Points in technical are reduced by 1 point for each part of the ride that is too high.

8: No max speed, although getting above 60 mph (96 km/h) will be pretty hard in this land plot. Kudos for those (although no bonuses) for those who hit past 65 mph (105 km/h).

9: No length limit or minimum, although it's going to be hard getting anything over 1/2 a mile in here.

10: Must be over 45 miles per hour (72 km/h) . Anything under 45 mph will result in a 1.5 point reduction in technical score.

11: If you are making a wooden coaster, the G force limits are as follows:

-Maximum Vertical: 4

-Maximum Airtime: -1.6

-Maximum Lateral G's: +/-1.8

-Maximum Acceleration G's: 2.91, or Dodonpa's acceleration force (if you feel like making a launched woodie)

12: If you are making a steel coaster, the G force limits are as follows:

-Maximum Vertical: 5.4

-Maximum Airtime: -1.6

-Maximum Lateral G's: +/-1.4

-Maximum Acceleration G's: 2.91, or Dodonpa's acceleration force.

13: 3DS is allowed, but will not be judged.

14: You CAN put anything you want OVER the red sections, even stations. But if the prefab stations walls go into the red area, no points will be taken off for that. Although custom stations would be recommended. (IE made out of supports or 3DS.)

15: You can put the station anywhere you are allowed to put track.

16: Shuttle Coasters are allowed, even if it's a launched wooden shuttle... that is possible you know.

---

Here is a picture of the template:

---

Judges:

1: Tanks4me

2: Brandon4579

3: And possible me.

---

As always, enjoy!

200952620451_Coasterfuel Tight Fit Terrain Contest Template.nltrack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the other site or for this one wants more participants, they are going to have to rewrite the rules. It is a lot easier for contestants to read bullets and small notes while building their coaster rather than search through paragraphs.

Going 45mph in a small space? Quite a challenge...

and those g requirments arent too realisitc unless you count intamin woodies. However, with the g's being so generous, should make it a lot easier. I dont think normal woodies pull more than 4ish for + and not over -1. Tight fit challenges are fun though! I have a few sitting in folders, unfinished. Lol

I'm a bit confused as to whether or not track can go below Jack Rabbit's red box. I'm reading that everything is okay OVER the boxes, and that nothing can be INSIDE them, but the only thing I see pertaining to what you can do UNDER them is no terrain modification. I currently have my pre-lift going under Jack Rabbit's red box but if this is not allowed then I am going to have to change this.

Consider this my tentative "I'm in," I haven't released anything on NL in quite some time because I hand build and I can never quite get things good enough. I'm trying my best on this one, though.

I'm a bit confused as to whether or not track can go below Jack Rabbit's red box. I'm reading that everything is okay OVER the boxes, and that nothing can be INSIDE them, but the only thing I see pertaining to what you can do UNDER them is no terrain modification. I currently have my pre-lift going under Jack Rabbit's red box but if this is not allowed then I am going to have to change this.

Consider this my tentative "I'm in," I haven't released anything on NL in quite some time because I hand build and I can never quite get things good enough. I'm trying my best on this one, though.

I'll try and find out about that so hang in there.

I don't understand where the track can go in the purple markers. There are 2 different levels of purple markers...do you have to build above the highest marker in the entire purple area, or is there a different height you can build at for each level?

Okay, you can build below the Jack Rabbit box and the lower purple border is the one the rules refer to (the vertical ones are irrelivant).

Thanks you! That clears a lot up and makes things a bit easier.

Are track and supports measured by the node or does the rule indicate that literally NOTHING can be outside the borders? I have some footers, track, and supports that are coming very close to the edge and I'm wondering if parts of the footer and/or track can be outside the template if the node itself is inside. Ahh, this area is just so small!

Update below.

tease.JPG.d55366dc42123faca583d75ee5d728aa.JPG

Are track and supports measured by the node or does the rule indicate that literally NOTHING can be outside the borders? I have some footers, track, and supports that are coming very close to the edge and I'm wondering if parts of the footer and/or track can be outside the template if the node itself is inside. Ahh, this area is just so small!

Update below.

Hey hey,great layout but I only see 2 trains on your track. Is capacity going to be a problem?

Update below.

Hey hey,great layout but I only see 2 trains on your track. Is capacity going to be a problem?

Actually yes, I'm working on that one. And thanks for the information dr. gumbo, I've been studying Gerstlauer supports and it turns out they have some great tricks for supporting in tight areas, so that's not too big of an issue anymore.

Status- Trackwork is complete.

^ No problemo. I've got 4 trains on my Gerstlauer and it's not too long of a ride so it works out. Their support systems are great and came in handy when I was thinking of what to put in the tight corner.

He's a pic of the track with supports I had to make for clearance reasons.

untitledk.thumb.JPG.d8a1142272704ebc39ae841681d0c40d.JPG

• 2 weeks later...