TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everyday Objects

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments

^^ I've been thinking about going into graphics design. I doubt I'll be able to land a job in the industry because of my poor math skills and the fact that its extremely difficult to land a job in the first place.

You can see more of my stuff in the artwork thread. I have about four pages filled with pics like that and many of them I actually did in school.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19001&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=260 Here's the link if anybody's interested.

And I'll close with something I made in class a while ago.

Back on topic.

57668251_GeyserMtn.jpg.3abe7e8481d14a5768de108e7bda85e7.jpg

Disney ride

^^ You should definitely try and pursue it. You really do have talent. Those are some great themes. You'd be surprised how math can magically make sense. You just need the right teacher. I failed math 45 twice already but my current teacher is really awesome and I'm passing with a B.

^^ Glad to hear it. You really should consider it. I am a firm believer that you can do pretty much anything you set your mind to. And its never too late. I WISH I had that kind of talent. I can only take photos. Not good at drawing. haha

^I love the random noises that remind people of rides. At my work (PETCO) we use these pump action spray bottles to mist the reptiles. And when you open it to put more water in it makes like an air pressure noise. I play with it and pretend its the brakes on a coaster. lol My co-workers look at me like i'm a crack addict.

I just have a tendency to associate anything and everything with coasters. Whether it's eating a bowl of popcorn while watching a movie or even a physics lesson on kinetics!

Oh yes, planes, such an easy one to associate in many ways.

I wish I could draw...Then I'd be sketching rollercoasters during my free time!

~ Jess "Try me, name something" Chan

^ A pine cone. Dog poop?

Dog poop, well my dog gets sad every time I pack up the suitcases. And pack up suitcases = travel. What is something I can do on my travels? Ride coasters!

A pine cone....Well a pine tree. Where would you find a tree? in a park. What type of park? Amusement park. What can else can you find in an amusement park? Rollercoasters!

Thanks for the compliments

^^ I've been thinking about going into graphics design. I doubt I'll be able to land a job in the industry because of my poor math skills and the fact that its extremely difficult to land a job in the first place.

You can see more of my stuff in the artwork thread. I have about four pages filled with pics like that and many of them I actually did in school.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19001&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=260 Here's the link if anybody's interested.

And I'll close with something I made in class a while ago.

Back on topic.

If only park maps could be made like that...

Yesterday I was wearing a necklace and kept trying to twist it to create inversions during math - I got a loop and two corkscrews! And driving on hills makes me think of coasters also, and pretty much anything I can associate with coasters if I'm in the mood...

Yesterday I was wearing a necklace and kept trying to twist it to create inversions during math - I got a loop and two corkscrews! And driving on hills makes me think of coasters also, and pretty much anything I can associate with coasters if I'm in the mood...

I have done that many times. Speaking of math class, I'd sometimes find myself flipping through math textbooks (sometimes of other grades than mine) to look for pictures of rollercoasters or any sort of rides!

Guilty? Yes, definately.

In my Spanish book there is a chapter on amusement parks which I definitely hope we get to this year... And I'm so obsessed that I gathered the coaster is in Argentina because that's where the chapter is set and I could tell it was an SLC, so I looked it up on RCDB and found the roller coaster in my Spanish book!

All of you are about to be totally jealous, but, yesterday I was driving on the free way from channel islands(a college in Camarillo in California) to San Louis Obisbo( I was looking at schools with my dad during spring break) and there was a poorly made road which gave me some serious airtime. I was literally out of my seat, which scared the hell out of me, because I have never driven that far of a distance( I've only had my license since October.)

Roads clearly remind me of roller coasters, so do hot wheel tracks that my younger cousin builds when I went to his house on Easter, as well as slinky helixes.

A bunch of math books I had feature coasters...

I had a Pre-Algebra math book with a picture of Great Bear on the front.

I had a 6th grade math book with some KI coasters listed in a chart.

I've seen two math books that had a section devoted to Mean Streak.

My seventh grade math book had a picture of a kiddie coaster on the front.

On top of that there's a picture of CP's Corkscrew in my Bio book.