TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knott's and "few showers"

I was thinking about heading to Knott's tomorrow, as long as they're open. The weather forecast said "few showers" on the ABC7 news around 6, but online The Weather Channel says "showers." What rides do you guys think will close in the rain? I know Xcelerator will close. Does anyone know if anything else will close? Do they reopen coasters if the rain stops? Any help is much appreciated.

This is the link I'm looking at that says "showers."

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/46614:20?from=dayDetails_topnav_vacation

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What rides do you guys think will close in the rain? I know Xcelerator will close. Does anyone know if anything else will close? Do they reopen coasters if the rain stops? Any help is much appreciated.

If the park opens, all rides will close in the rain. I think the only roller coaster that will operate in the rain is Boomerang.

Knott's is bad is rain. I've been there in the rain, and from what I can remember everything closed. Luckily the rain only lasted for about an hour, but this time may be different.

I'd still say go for it though if you have a pass. If for some reason it doesn't end up raining or it only does for a bit, you will have one awesome, crowdless day.

What rides do you guys think will close in the rain? I know Xcelerator will close. Does anyone know if anything else will close? Do they reopen coasters if the rain stops? Any help is much appreciated.

If the park opens, all rides will close in the rain. I think the only roller coaster that will operate in the rain is Boomerang.

Do they reopen the rides once the rain stops?

I have a pass, and haven't been to the park in the rain before, so I want to check it out. The only problem is the four other people in my group don't have passes and I don't want them to be mad at me.

Do they reopen the rides once the rain stops?

I have a pass, and haven't been to the park in the rain before, so I want to check it out. The only problem is the four other people in my group don't have passes and I don't want them to be mad at me.

Some rides. I'm pretty sure Jaguar and Montezooma's Revenge opened right after the rain stopped. Xcelerator was closed the whole day. I didn't see Ghostrider, Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder...and Silver Bullet took awhile but eventually did reopen.

Then I wouldn't risk it. Knott's closes everything when it rains, just like Cedar Point.. hmph.

I've decided that we're not going to go tomorrow. We're going to reschedule to next weekend. I don't want to risk the rides being closed, since I'm the only one with a pass. Thanks for the help everyone.

We had no rain today. And for the record, I've worked at Montezooma's Revenge and Pony Express in the rain. We go down when we HAVE to. There's all kinda of technical goodies about why, but we actual go down for a reason. Hell, Pony can stay running in the rain on a 1 train operation. And yes, we've done it.

Ok thanks for the tip. It's going to boil down to probably when is the convenient time for us to go cause I'll be with a group of people to see my brother perform at a comedy club in LA that he won a trip out there to perform so that's actually my real reason of going. Would love to do a SFMM trip but I couldn't be there all day. BUT since I am a Cedar Fair passholder, I might as well stop by. I'll suggest Sunday to the group!

I went to knott's on a Thurs. with my church. Pretty much every ride was just a walk-on. Ghost Rider was pretty much the only ride that had lines. The lines were short though; they were only up in the second floor room.

Also, the ride operators on Silver Bullet allowed us to stay on so we continually rode it for like 7 or 8 times. It was pretty fun.