TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

I've been following SFSC since September now, and this is just a work of art. Your detail is amazing, your rides are perfect fits for your park, and the overall quality is just outstanding. You must have a lot of patience and its really paid off. Keep up the GREAT work

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26th Season

I haven't seen any new signs outside of the old Vulture site, but I'll keep a lookout!

Airtime.

Superman has lots of it.

"The Tree of Life" as I've heard it called recently.

The line for Scooby Doo is always too long.

Have a great day!

Signing off,

Tommy

26th Season

We're nearing the end of the season and you know what that means - an announcement should take place very soon! It's amazing how little we know about next year's attraction. Heck, we don't even know if it will be a coaster! The park has done an excellent job at keeping this project under wraps. I know a lot of people, including myself, are very excited about what next year brings!

Superman was running exceptionally efficiently today. That's a good crew of ride ops for ya!

Derecho is down for a short rehab. This is a good thing!

The Great Swings is a fun ride to watch. I'm not too keen on spinning.

Nothing but Superman and sky... and maybe a little bit of Derecho.

I don't like heights, but I love the adrenaline

No line at Thunder River? Count me in!

Signing off,

Tommy

I read through all of the pages yesterday. This park is simply amazing! The story line makes a lot of sense, some of it was predictable, but other things I didn't see coming at all. I love all of the thought that has been put into this park. Great job so far CD5! I can't wait to see what happens next.

This is the kind of thread that makes me wish I had a computer that would run RCT3 smoothly. I have to have most of the graphic settings running at minimum just to let me move around a good sized park... One day I'll be able to play it.

26th Season

The park is expected to make an announcement any day now. I'm dying of anticipation!

This is all that remains of Vulture. It's sad.

Rebellion was closed today. The park really needs to focus on ride reliablity. Lately a lot of the park's major attractions have been closed for entire days.

Tidal Wave's line fills up fast... especially after it's been closed all morning.

Superman was open all day!

Unfortunately, a thunderstorm put a damper on my last day at the park this season.

The park is very eerie when the rain comes. Everything stops operating. It's very quiet.

After an hour of downpours and lightning, I gave up hope that the rides would reopen.

Luckily, though, on my way out I got to meet "Mr. Six," the new Six Flags mascot that was introduced this year.

I'll see you next season!

Signing off,

Tommy

Announcement

CHARLESTON, SC – Six Flags South Carolina unleashes another monster addition to its supreme coaster dynasty with GREEN FALCON, a "flying beast" to soar into the record books as the tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster on Planet Earth! This new coaster is slated for a Spring 2005 opening.

The flight begins with great anticipation as riders board sleek vehicles and ascend GREEN FALCON'S 130-foot tall lift with arms stretched forward, feet trailing behind and eyes intensely focused on the landscape below. Once reaching the crest, riders will flylike never before, plummeting straight down the hillside, narrowly missing the lake below, before entering a sharp turn leading into the coaster's signature 10-story tall pretzel loop. The heart-pounding sensation continues as riders race up and down the mountainous terrain, darting in-and-out of looming trees, blazing over the tops of two rollovers.

Aboard the wings of GREEN FALCON, riders will fly at speeds in excess of 57 miles-per-hour through a series of "butterflies-in-your-stomach" plunges, huge sweeping spirals, stomach wrenching loops and sharp dives, high speed banked curves all deliberately designed to enhance the ultimate sensation of flight.

Representing one of the largest capital investments in recent years, GREEN FALCON will make a dramatic change to the Park's skyline situated at one of the highest points in the park. Guests will be able to see GREEN FALCON'S 130 foot lift hill protruding from the treeline.

Designed and engineered exclusively for Six Flags South Carolina by design coaster experts, Bolliger & Mabillard of Switzerland, GREEN FALCON is the park's 7th thrilling roller coaster. Since the Park's inception in 1974, Six Flags South Carolina continues to deliver the next generation of thrill rides, including V2 and SUPERMAN: RIDE OF STEEL – two of the tallest coastesr in the Carolinas.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Through its subsidiaries, it owns and operates a total of 29 parks in North America. Six Flags parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.

GREEN FALCON wraps around its own signature pretzel loop inversion. The coaster will invert a total of three times.

GREEN FALCON at SIX FLAGS SOUTH CAROLINA

GREEN FALCON at SIX FLAGS SOUTH CAROLINA

Edited by coasterdude5

It looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see more photos!

But, I would fix these parts of the press release; you forgot to replace some!

"3,602 feet of blazing red, orange and yellow twisted steel track barely visible intertwined through the mountainside"

"tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster on Planet Earth"

Just wanted to point these out!

EDIT: Glad you got them sorted out!

Edited by braztaz

Interested to see how you tackled the Pretzel Loop. It looks like you did the s-curve in a tunnel.

You don't have to tell me via the thread. A PM will do.

He used a CTR that combines Extended Track with fly coaster track.

The giant loop from extended track is what he used

This ride look fantastic! It really fits into the park!

Interested to see how you tackled the Pretzel Loop. It looks like you did the s-curve in a tunnel.

You don't have to tell me via the thread. A PM will do.

He used a CTR that combines Extended Track with fly coaster track.

The giant loop from extended track is what he used

This ride look fantastic! It really fits into the park!

Addidng to this, its from the Neton 2 expansion pack. Anyways this looks fantastic, Im intreseted to see more updates.