TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Would someone be able to post the team scores from the Scavenger Hunt? I was on team 30.

Possibly. Another Scavenger Hunt Coordinator cleaned up all of the supplies. I will ask the other Coordinator if we still have the score sheet. If we still have it, I will be sure to post it in this thread.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the craziest things happened to my group yesterday. We were riding Gold Rusher because is it's a pretty nice ride as always. Right before the train entered it's double helix, the laptop bar popped up and stayed up. Back in the station, we informed the crew of what happened. I guess they didn't care because some kids got on right after us and they sent the train off. Other than that tremendous bad call from the employee, the day was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

And that is exactly why I am scared on Tatsu's lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the craziest things happened to my group yesterday. We were riding Gold Rusher because is it's a pretty nice ride as always. Right before the train entered it's double helix, the laptop bar popped up and stayed up. Back in the station, we informed the crew of what happened. I guess they didn't care because some kids got on right after us and they sent the train off. Other than that tremendous bad call from the employee, the day was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

WCB was simply amazing. This was my first attendance to this event and will not be my last. The organization, activities, and just the overall feel to the event seemed to go without a hitch. Everything went so smoothly and of course I would also like to put out my thanks to the Six Flags staff, TPR, RW, and everyone else who helped put this event together. This is without a doubt the best coaster event on the West Coast, by far. Also, ERT at night was my favorite part of the whole day, despite the cold and all of us looking like we got major sunburns on our face if you know what I mean. Lastly, to our group, it was awesome and I had a lot of fun with you guys. Oh yeah, Team 16 for the win!

We are first time TPR trippers, and I agree with everything said.

WCB totally kicks ass.

The weather chased off the GP and left lines tiny. It had been a few years

since our last visit to MM. Things have really changed for the better.

Rides were running well, and staff was much better.

Really glad we got to ride X2 in the morning. The changes have made it better, and the soundtrack rocks! Tatsu was new to us, and is the best

flying coaster we have tried. Had some issues at closing time, but in the dark it was wicked! Viper and Goliath were running smooth, and Ninja after dark , through the trees, front seat ride ....very cool.

Such a well put together event, thanks to all involved.

Sorry to Jonathan and Marie, the ill fated Team 11 for the scavenger

hunt. Our brains were way too addled to deal with too much information.

There were coasters to ride!

Pete & Lisa

This really has little to do with WCB, but it involves the screening of Coaster Expedition Volume 12.

For those that watched the entire thing, can anyone tell me the name of the song that went along the lines of "Sex Drugs" over and over again? It was probably the most entertaining bit of that AWESOME video.

I hope another video is shown next year! It was a great way to unwind and take a break from coasters.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just watched the BANG BETHANY video Robb. and that is sooo god damn hilarious. Hahaha

Also Next year im doing an exchange to NYC at the start of April. Im going to start my trip in LA so i can go to WCB 2010. That would be awesome.

Robby

^^^ I was at Superman then as well. The line took forever, and several people ended up leaving.

I also came back and rode later in the night, and was on the car that "PAL" was on that blew through the station backwards. That was intense!

But yea, operations were definitely way too slow on that ride, and I also thought the way they singled out people was too rude.

Anyhow... the event as a whole was an absolute blast. One of the best days I've had at an amusement park ever. I'll post some of my pics once I get them uploaded.

LOL, me & my friend did the exact same thing... waited 45 min for superman and came back later only to be on the 'doomed' car. What was really weird about that is although I've heard rumors of an Intamin Reverse Freefall Coaster's fail-safe system with the permanent polarized magnets in the maintenance bay and all... I could've sworn that I heard it only happened about 5 or so times in the ride's history. Has it actually happened more then that?! Although the coaster nerd in me loved seeing the fail-safe system work and thusly safe my life, I'm totally stunned as to how or why such a massive failure could occur.

Needless to say... coming back down the 400ft drop and realizing it WASN'T SLOWING DOWN and BLOWING BACK through the station at 100+ mph before being hard yanked by the fail-safe magnets was certainly my most thrilling, genuinely fear-filled coaster experience in my 800+ coaster career.

IMG_1306_3.jpg.721b6e1b638d380fcdaade2be8dea750.jpg

Hello wall! Glad I didn't go through you!!

IMG_1305_3.jpg.ec4376e70e72eef64379a942dbb27757.jpg

Seriously... we were almost at the END of the maintenance bay!

IMG_1302_3.jpg.9e26af01a2ab64a5129ee10efe0fdc9d.jpg

They had to wench us back into the station...

IMG_1301_3.jpg.a9956ff63e8f4dcaf58d1c32f1fafaf6.jpg

... just imagine if we had been ACErs! We would've definitely blown through, and ended up on Gold Rusher!!!!

IMG_1300_3.jpg.fa9c7048210de2389941929228b33384.jpg

OMG!!!

IMG_1299_3.jpg.38eb7ab7eebd95095797c57a849a6379.jpg

OMG!!!!!

IMG_1277_3.jpg.b618861ac589f82e5b6db051b774b6b0.jpg

Soon my friend's smug attitude will be replaced by 100 MPH BACK THROUGH THE STATION FEAR!!

IMG_1276_3.jpg.2e5708126eb9d829d6116ce75fc1c72f.jpg

Superman kind of looked like it wanted to kill me when I took this photo of it at Golden Hour.

Oh... and 'near-death' aside.... I had a GREAT TIME!!! Both ERTs were great, it was wonderful meeting Rob (FINALLY!) and going to an event organized with such obvious care and love. A million thanks to Rob, the park's management crew, and everyone who organized such a great day for its fans. My full TR with photos is coming soon, I just have barely had any sleep and it's 2:19AM...

WCB was pretty amazing. It actually topped last year's event (which was no easy task). Scavenger hunt was definitely a high point of the day (thanks to William for that), even if there were cheaters . The real highlight though was the nighttime ERT. To give you an idea of how good it was, my brother an I had a Scream train completely to ourselves. It's an interesting experience walking around an empty park only seeing other people every once in a while as they go from one coaster to another. Even getting stuck on the ill-fated Superman train that over shot the station at the end of the night was pretty cool. The staff even kept us company as we waited to be towed back (I never even knew the ride had a backstory).

Thanks to everyone involved for making the event possible!

I agree the event was great and even topped last year. I do agree with Nisshoku about the strange safety operations. We rode scream before the park closed around 7:45. Once loaded the crew only checked the first row of riders. We were riding in the second row with additional riders behind us, and no employee checked our restraints or the riders behind us.

One of the craziest things happened to my group yesterday. We were riding Gold Rusher because is it's a pretty nice ride as always. Right before the train entered it's double helix, the laptop bar popped up and stayed up. Back in the station, we informed the crew of what happened. I guess they didn't care because some kids got on right after us and they sent the train off.

So, this wasn't the first report of apparent poor judgment or questionable behavior by ride operators. I'm for erring on the side of safety. From the information above, I would think the ride should be taken out of operation until the scope and cause of the problem was determined and it was resolved.

Anyone report an issue you saw on a ride to guest relations or a manager?

... what number building is it?

"Building 5" If you are standing outside of the restrooms at the start of GCB you will see the text on the side of the building to the left, in yellow writing.

^Wow now I feel stupid

Whoever put the trash can over the plaque should've stayed and watched. There were a couple of teams looking around the building for about an hour looking for it. It was kind of funny.

One of the craziest things happened to my group yesterday. We were riding Gold Rusher because is it's a pretty nice ride as always. Right before the train entered it's double helix, the laptop bar popped up and stayed up. Back in the station, we informed the crew of what happened. I guess they didn't care because some kids got on right after us and they sent the train off.

So, this wasn't the first report of apparent poor judgment or questionable behavior by ride operators. I'm for erring on the side of safety. From the information above, I would think the ride should be taken out of operation until the scope and cause of the problem was determined and it was resolved.

Anyone report an issue you saw on a ride to guest relations or a manager?

Yes I did report it. Guest Relations told me they will let the ride supervisor know ASAP and that was pretty much it.

That actually happens a lot on Gold Rusher. When I worked at the park from 2001-2003, supervisors would have leads send the operators they didn't like to Rusher because if a lapbar comes back to the station popped open, the lapbar attendants would be fired because management would automatically assume it was dispatched that way. I'm not joking.

That actually happens a lot on Gold Rusher. When I worked at the park from 2001-2003, supervisors would have leads send the operators they didn't like to Rusher because if a lapbar comes back to the station popped open, the lapbar attendants would be fired because management would automatically assume it was dispatched that way. I'm not joking.

Wow that's terrible. I don't know what to say about that.

Ooops. Just realized I have 2 screennames on this board and I didn't even know. I accidently posted with this name that I use on other boards. My bad. Anyhow.. reposted my post on the next page with my name I use here, "I Love Rides." ... so just ignore this post. Sorry!

This was my first West Coast Bash and i will be back next year for sure. MM looks great overall. Haven't been back to the park in years. But now will definitely be back sooner than next years event for sure. I'm already ready to sign up yet again. Weather couldn't have been more perfect and i think scared some of the General Public away making it virtually no lines throughout the regular park hours.

ERT in the morning awesome and glad we got our X2 ride in during morning ERT. Nightime ERT incredible. I think DejaVu at night in the dark is just insane. Ninja just incredibly scary. Ended our evening ERT on Golliath with a ton of back to back rides not getting off the train at all other than to switch seats. Saying 1 more ride 1 more ride. Could have stayed on for the last ride of the night but opted out.

Managed to ride all the coasters but Canyon Blaster (already done that so not really sad about missing that) The freak hailstorm while eating lunch hey couldn't have come at a better time. I love absolutely love my piece of Terminator wood.

Had a bad experience on Superman right before park closing and into our nighttime ERT. Apparently they did not shut down the regular line to guest and Security was trying to get the regular guests ahead of us yet it was already after 8pm to be exact. We had waited almost an hour to ride seriously and it seemed the entire crew was just goofing off and not really caring about us. We almost didn't get to ride due to Security wanting to get the rest of the regular guests on the ride before us yet we had waited almost an hour and were next to go on the next car but went anyways. Yes there were people singled out due to the lapbar not closing properly but the crew wasn't even sorry about it and those who were singled out taken off the car not a chance to go on the next ride either.

Ty to TPR and everyone including MM management for one awesome day and event. I don't think i ever managed to ride as many rides as i did yesterday in one MM visit ever and almost topping most of our Disney day visits.