TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Don't worry too much about the weather.

For one, its 5 days off, and CA is notorius for its sudden weather changes

Even IF that was the weather - that is going to translate to:

Spotty fog in the AM, drizzle in early AM. Should Burn off by about 10ish, with cloud cover for the rest of the day.

P.S. I really encourage those of you who are not familliar with the West Coast sun to bring Copius amounts of SunBlock. Even cloudy weather can give you a terrible sunburn!

^Well I guess its safe to say that X2 will not be apart of the ERT if that is the forecast.

No, actually I would say it's "Safe to say to let Six Flags Magic Mountain" make that call, not you.

The email I got from the park this morning about X2 is as follows:

X2 will depend on the wind and temp. We will do everything we can to open it on time. Ninja is the one I am worried about.

Neal

I trust their judgement. They know the forecast just like everyone else. Seems like they are "worried" about Ninja, not X2. So please don't go around telling people what is "safe to say" about our event when you don't have any information to back that up.

Thank you.

--Robb

Oops I should have looked at the page before. I new someone had already posted that, I just forgot to look. My bad. Well I have still been looking at the weather and its a lot of different things on different sites. No matter what the weather will be like it will still be an awesome event.

Hey everyone. Seems like this year is gonna be great!

Anyways, if anyone has any spare tickets at all, please TELL ME! I am in need of at least 2 tickets, but 4 for everyone to go. PM me ASAP if you have tickets that you're not using anymore because you cancelled or are just simply not going.

Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I like a few others am also looking for a SINGLE ticket if anyone ends up with an extra. A few of my cousins have tickets already and I was tied up with a commitment that was just canceled by the other party... (Couldn't they have called me YESTERDAY?! )

Anyways, if anyone can help me out because your plans change or what not, please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

-Adam V.

Wow, I'm so happy I bought my tickets when I did... I can't believe they sold out. This is my first TPR event (I've followed this site for years, just never signed up or gone to an event until now). Anyhow, I'm really excited to be going, and am counting the days until Sunday . Fingers crossed for good weather.

Hey, at least you have a good group of people if the weather is bad! We had nearly a complete rain out at SFGAd on the TPR East Coast trip and we all still had so much fun, and even managed a second trip back there!

Seriously, don't worry about the weather, and if it becomes an issue there will still be activities planned!

Damn!

I so should have bought about 20 tickets, I could have made a mint selling these at scalper prices

I have just added 7 more prizes to the West Coast Bash Big Mike Road Show Kick-Off Contest, check them out here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995&start=2570

Everyone have faith, hopefully some tickets open up!

Peace, Big Mike

Everyone have faith, hopefully some tickets open up!

I'm sorry to say that this won't be the case. I did even talk to the park about this earlier today and even Magic Mountain agreed that any more people at this time could create substantial lines during ERT and lunch.

The only chance of extra tickets at this time is if someone shows up for regsistration and says, for example "There are 5 people in our party, but only 3 made it...can you sell the tickets to someone else?" Beyond that, there won't be any extra tickets that magically appear on Sunday morning.

While I know the flyer did say we would have tickets on-site it also said very clearly "we STRONGLY recommend you fill out the form below or preregister online to guarantee admission to West Coast Bash 2009"

We did not expect to sell out and I feel very bad that we have no more tickets, but everyone (Six Flags Magic Mountain, RideWorld, and TPR) agree this makes the most sense for the quality of the event.

One goal of all events TPR is involved with is that we don't just want people for the sake of people, we want a GOOD EVENT!

At the moment we have 600 people registered and even if only 1/2 of those go to X2 first thing in the morning there is going to be a line. A MUCH shorter line usually than normal park hours, but still a line.

I would STRONGLY encourage those of you coming to the event to try to ride Tastu, Viper, Superman, Revolution, and Ninja (weather permitting) and get some breakfast first.

Keep in mind that if you are waiting in a long line at X2, there is probably another coaster with no line at all.

There WILL be ERT on X2 during night ERT also. So please keep that in mind.

--Robb

One thing I learned for sure, when Robb sends out a mass email saying "We are almost full, act now!", you better do it!!

Just to clarify, by "tickets opening up", I did mean by people cancelling, not adding more to the already 600!!

I agree with everyone, I don't want the lunch line to be too long!

Peace, Big Mike

Well, I think I'm going to chance it and come down with my cousins anyways.

If there is a spare ticket, fantastic! If not, then I'll just buy my season pass (which I was going to do anyways) and enjoy parts of the day with you all!

See you Sunday morning.

-Adam V.

I'm thinking of giving up my ticket because my work schedule @ SFMM will allow me to attend maybe the Q&A session and that's about it. It just doesn't seem right to hold a ticket into ERT sessions that I know I can't attend, and waste it, when there are other people that would like to be there.

Since I don't need admission to enter SFMM, for obvious reasons, can something be arranged so my ticket isn't basically wasted, yet I can still attend the meager part of WCB that my schedule allows me to?

Just want to make sure I'm doing right by everybody, and not taking an potential opportunity away from someone else simply because I didn't say something.

Robb, totally get the limited ticket route. It ensures delivery of a better product.

I'm still up for tix if they come open, but who isn't?! Haha.

I've always wanted to join one of your events. Been watching your antics since I lived in Japan and worked at TDR.

Can't wait till 2010!

Hey Friends!!

Big Mike has just unveiled some upper tier prizes for The Big Mike Road Show Kick-Off Party Contest at West Coast Bash this Sunday!!!

Tomorrow we show you the cream of the crop prizes!

Also check out the 1st 21 prizes already announced!

Here is the link to see the new prizes just announced:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995&start=2570

Peace, Big Mike

MORE WEST COAST BASH TICKETS!!!!

I just received a call from Six Flags Magic Mountain -

I have 100 additional tickets available for West Coast Bash 2009.

I need you to go to the TPR Store NOW and register. PayPal payments ONLY will be accepted.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=9

For those of you who are registering now, please email me directly after registering as there will be some conditions on these additional tickets because they have been added at such a late date.

Once these tickets are gone there will be NO MORE AVAILABLE and there will be NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON SITE!

REGISTER NOW!!!

--Robb

ps. I am told by Six Flags Magic Mountain that they are working towards doing what it takes to reduce lines during ERT given the additional people.