TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

There's a lot of unused space between Pandemonium and the edge of Power Surge with SBNO flats. I could see us getting a Larson Loop there for 2016, but what would be really awesome would be some sort of Intamin coaster, because we actually don't have any here. I know it's very unlikely considering we just got another coaster this year and there isn't enough space for a full-scale coaster there, but one can hope, right?

Another possible but not even remotely probable would be a B&M hyper/giga on the edge of the quarry in the very back of the park next to the Iron Rattler's edge and possibly traversing near Superman. It would be awesome but it ain't happening.

Can't wait to see where the next 4D Free Spin gets installed. Seems like a hit so far. In stark contrast to GL which isn't well loved.

I personally like GL because it's so aggressive. At any given point you feel like you can be thrown from the ride. It's such a rush to me, especially at night. The pain kinda comes with the territory unfortunately

If the rumor is true its going to Six Flags Great Adventure.... When I was at the media day event for Batman there were S&S people there and I happened to nuzzle my way into a conversation they were having and they stated the next one is going to SFGA and it will be bigger.

There's a lot of unused space between Pandemonium and the edge of Power Surge with SBNO flats. I could see us getting a Larson Loop there for 2016, but what would be really awesome would be some sort of Intamin coaster, because we actually don't have any here. I know it's very unlikely considering we just got another coaster this year and there isn't enough space for a full-scale coaster there, but one can hope, right?

Another possible but not even remotely probable would be a B&M hyper/giga on the edge of the quarry in the very back of the park next to the Iron Rattler's edge and possibly traversing near Superman. It would be awesome but it ain't happening.

I dream of a hyper/giga using Power Surge's station, lift can go towards Pandemonium, airtime hills going over and along the quarry towards the parking lot and back.

With maybe a splashdown using the PS pool.

I dream of a hyper/giga using Power Surge's station, lift can go towards Pandemonium, airtime hills going over and along the quarry towards the parking lot and back.

Wait, but there's also a ton of unused space behind Frisbee too. Power Surge is a great way to cool off without waiting in line.

Plus SFFT has a 200ft building limit iirc

Wait, but there's also a ton of unused space behind Frisbee too. Power Surge is a great way to cool off without waiting in line.

Plus SFFT has a 200ft building limit iirc

Agree about all that unused space. I wonder if there's a reason why it sits empty.

If they were to add another coaster back there it would attract more guests to that side of the park.

I'm thinking Larson Loop on the Boardwalk themed to a Hurricane or something. SS Overboard is on it's way out, and was confirmed by the park that it wasn't going to reopen. The Larson Loop would fit perfect there. The whole Boardwalk theme with the flats and a coaster and a Larson Loop just fits.

The only other thing they need is that wooden coaster.

I'm thinking Larson Loop on the Boardwalk themed to a Hurricane or something. SS Overboard is on it's way out, and was confirmed by the park that it wasn't going to reopen. The Larson Loop would fit perfect there. The whole Boardwalk theme with the flats and a coaster and a Larson Loop just fits.

The only other thing they need is that wooden coaster.

Also I've never seen that mermaid thing running either.

Although I'd rather have some sort of Intamin, a family wooden coaster would be nice too, especially a more family oriented Intamin prefab (although I wouldn't say no to a clone of El Toro )

So, rumor-starting time! I was spending way more time than I should have in the boardwalk today, and while riding Pandemonium me and a buddy noticed some construction going on behind the Frisbee's queue line/edge of Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters building. We were curious so we rode the Ferris wheel and there is definitely a crane of some sort and a bunch of landscaping stuff hanging out back there near what appears to be the employee parking lot (?) with what appears to be a half-built queue line divider/handrail. I didn't get any pictures, but if anyone wants to look back there they can confirm that there is definitely something being built, although I doubt it's a ride for 2016. Probably just infrastructure/landscaping stuff for now, considering we've gotten a major attraction every year since 2012, but hey, we can hope!

It seems like for this couple years every section of this park had something new,rockville this year, now its fiestaboardwalk area next year probley were ss overboard will be a larson looper, i hope we add a couple a flat rides in thr boardwalk area!!

SFStL sent their Scooby props in to SFFT for replacements. I don't know if this means they want it around any longer, but there is already one JLBFM in Texas as ^said.

Last time I rode Scooby Doo at SFFT, a good number of the props weren't working. Probably good that they're getting replaced I suppose. Where did you hear this if you don't mind me asking?

SS Overboard is on it's way out, and was confirmed by the park that it wasn't going to reopen.

When was this confirmed?

Jeff Siebert confirmed it was done on another clubs Q&A session that was held a few months ago.

I'm hoping for a decent wooden coaster soon for the boardwalk in the coming years. Something with a nice bit of airtime and plenty of twisties. I know it's been a few years since Six Flags bought a classic style wooden coaster, but a GCI twister would rock in that section of the park.

I'm hoping for a decent wooden coaster soon for the boardwalk in the coming years. Something with a nice bit of airtime and plenty of twisties. I know it's been a few years since Six Flags bought a classic style wooden coaster, but a GCI twister would rock in that section of the park.

This would be an amazing addition next year, and could be likely since we're the only Six Flags park with no wooden coaster.

Next time I go, I'll snap a pic of the mysterious construction going on behind the boardwalk so we can speculate.

This would be an amazing addition next year, and could be likely since we're the only Six Flags park with no wooden coaster.

Next time I go, I'll snap a pic of the mysterious construction going on behind the boardwalk so we can speculate.

Would be possible. Especially after a couple of the boardwalk rides like S.S. Overboard closing. I won't get my hopes up after several straight years of GREAT additions to the park. If they were smart they would build a GCI with topper track and some poly-wheels. That sucker would be smooth and last quite a while.

Would be possible. Especially after a couple of the boardwalk rides like S.S. Overboard closing. I won't get my hopes up after several straight years of GREAT additions to the park. If they were smart they would build a GCI with topper track and some poly-wheels. That sucker would be smooth and last quite a while.

We've gotten major additions every year since 2012, I seriously hope the trend continues.

The chances of a Larson Loop are sadly pretty high though.

If they were smart they would build a GCI with topper track and some poly-wheels. That sucker would be smooth and last quite a while.

And why would RMC want to sell their patented topper track to GCI? The closest they could get without infringing would be an edge to edge plate over the top layer, which is basically what GG did on Hades, installed a wider top plate (running steel) which still leaves you with a maintenance issue when water finds its way in, sits, and rots out the wood.

If they were smart they would build a GCI with topper track and some poly-wheels. That sucker would be smooth and last quite a while.

And why would RMC want to sell their patented topper track to GCI? The closest they could get without infringing would be an edge to edge plate over the top layer, which is basically what GG did on Hades, installed a wider top plate (running steel) which still leaves you with a maintenance issue when water finds its way in, sits, and rots out the wood.

I never said RMC would sell their topper track to GCI. I'm merely suggesting that Six Flags have RMC build the track for the hypothetical coaster.