TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today, Thrill Entertainment has anounced the opening of a new park called Acre's Edge! Because it is Thrill's first park, all comments and suggestions are welcome to improve it in the future. Thrill president had this to say.

"Ever since I was a kid, roller coasters and other thrill rides affected my life. It was always a new experience and a place where you could escape the ordinary, even it was just for a day. By opening Acre's Edge, I hope that we can bring that feeling to everyone who walks through the gates."

Construction on the entrance plaza and landscaping were currently in progress when we were given a tour of the new park.

Acre's Edge 04.BMP

Last but not least the waterfalls. Be sure to check back soon. Comments?

Acre's Edge 03.BMP

Another view of the plaza.

Acre's Edge 02.BMP

The entrance plaza with a season pass holder line.

Acre's Edge 01.BMP

The scenic land Acre's Edge rests on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving by the park today and I saw that crews were working hard trying to get the park ready for opening day. From what I heard, they are trying to install the rides first and then theme them. Oh yea, I also took some pics!

Acre's Edge 10.BMP

The second restaurant is Italian and slightly more fancy. It's called Gratzi' (pronounced with an Italian accent) and is settled right along the water for a fantastic view. Opening day is right around the corner!

Acre's Edge 09.BMP

Here is one of the park's restaurant's, Hillside Eatery. In the upper-right you can see the merry-go-rounds half finished building that will enclose the ride.

Acre's Edge 08.BMP

And here is the park's first coaster, Red Baron. Designed to be for the entire family, Red Baron stays true to what Acre's Edge is all about. Crew's tell me the track should be finished within the next week.

Acre's Edge 07.BMP

In the bottom-right you can see the tilt-a-whirl Tumbler.

Acre's Edge 06.BMP

Here's the log flume Ripsaw Falls. The layout is complete and there are not just 1, but 2 drops!

Acre's Edge 05.BMP

Here's the first ride you see when you walk into the park, Water Whirl. Set right along the water, it feels like you're going to get tossed in!

OPENING DAY is finally here and the park looks great! I'm really impressed by how fast they got things done (take that Six Flags!) Anyways onto opening day pics.

Acre's Edge 21.BMP

An overview of Acre's Edge so far. I seriously wonder what will be built? Comments+Suggestions are welcome!

Acre's Edge 20.BMP

A fairly big plot of land has been set aside behind Hillside eatery. The park is in need of expansion.

Acre's Edge 19.BMP

Red Baron is a huge hit for everyone! The line was full all day long.

Acre's Edge 18.BMP

Red Baron's layout with transfer track.

Acre's Edge 17.BMP

A view of Red Baron's lift and the Merry-Go-Round.

Acre's Edge 16.BMP

Tumbler got a bunch of trees and water added.

Acre's Edge 15.BMP

The other part of Ripsaw Falls.

Acre's Edge 14.BMP

Ripsaw Falls really came along!

Acre's Edge 13.BMP

Water Whirl and Gratzi' look great on the water.

Acre's Edge 12.BMP

A lot of scenery was added to the front of the park.

Acre's Edge 11.BMP

The park was packed all day long.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the compliment's guys! Today the new kiddie area "Tropicalis" opened at Acre's Edge. With it came some new flats, games, and coasters. Check it out!

SCR32.BMP

And I leave you with an overview of Acre's Edge.

SCR31.BMP

Red Baron is still awesome!

SCR30.BMP

Another view of the blue.

SCR29.BMP

The new coaster would be Nova which has 2 loops and 2 corkscrews that goes over the path and que!

SCR28.BMP

I was gone for so long that they had added 2 new rides on the other side of the park! 'Freak Out!' is a frisbee right on the water.

SCR27.BMP

A new dessert shop called Not Licked Yet was squeezed in with Red Baron. It includes indoor and outdoor seating with a great view Red Baron.

SCR26.BMP

Another view of Buzz.

SCR25.BMP

Buzz is the new kiddie coaster that everyone enjoys.

SCR24.BMP

Wilderness Cove was built on a hill and fits nicely.

SCR23.BMP

The cool thing about Tree Fort is that it actually goes into a tree fort at the top.

SCR22.BMP

Tropicalis is right next to the entrance. You can see Wild, a classic scrambler, Wilderness Cove, an 18-hole mini-golf course, and Tree Fort, an observation tower.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long gap, i've been really busy with school and stuff. Because much of the budget has been used to make the park bigger and better, much of the funding is going towards theming and keeping rides looking new.

SCR40.BMP

Wilderness Cove got some much needed shade from the sun, along with lots of shrubbery. What do you guys want to see next?

SCR39.BMP

Freak Out! wasn't looking so great, so it got some new scenery.

SCR38.BMP

Why, that would be Collision, the new bumper cars. More money is going towards these smaller attractions

SCR37.BMP

The park, but what's that I see in the back?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...