TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

"Be sure to ride it first to start your day off in the best way possible".

Is this a joke? I feel like the person that wrote this was audibly laughing when they wrote it. I can't think of many worse ways to start my day than by riding f**king Apocalypse. That's right up there with "accidentally backing over a beloved family pet in the driveway in your haste to get to work in the morning" or "getting into a car wreck in the parking lot of the office and realizing the guy in the other car was your boss".

There article should read,"Go see Apocalypse;enjoy music there; take pictures of the excellent theming; then immediately head to the Wild One, followed by: Jokers Jinx, Superman, and Batwing.

Are you making a trip just for SFA? If you can wait until next year and it's easy to find a day off to do it you're not missing a whole lot by delaying a year. Or you could just to Kings Dominion, or buy a flash pass at Great Adventure... the opportunities are endless

Are you making a trip just for SFA? If you can wait until next year and it's easy to find a day off to do it you're not missing a whole lot by delaying a year. Or you could just to Kings Dominion, or buy a flash pass at Great Adventure... the opportunities are endless

Im staying in Baltimore for the weekend and already bought tickets to Yankees vs Orioles. I live 45 min from Gadv. Im gonna go to SFA. I can always go back next year need be.

Im staying in Baltimore for the weekend and already bought tickets to Yankees vs Orioles. I live 45 min from Gadv. Im gonna go to SFA. I can always go back next year need be.

Oh in that case go for sure. Hopefully Roar being closed is a reason to come back next year.

Just stay in the inner harbor and drink and ignore SFA. Remember these 3 things. Natty Boh, Orange Crushes, Old Bay

Make those 3 things a part of everything you do in the Inner Harbor and you'll have an amazing weekend. Let's go O's.

PS: At Camden Yards / Orange Crushes are called Camden Crushes and the thing they call an Orange Crush is an imposter. I'm a beer guy but trust me... Camden Crush right under the scoreboard on Eutaw Street.

Just stay in the inner harbor and drink and ignore SFA. Remember these 3 things. Natty Boh, Orange Crushes, Old Bay

Make those 3 things a part of everything you do in the Inner Harbor and you'll have an amazing weekend. Let's go O's.

PS: At Camden Yards / Orange Crushes are called Camden Crushes and the thing they call an Orange Crush is an imposter. I'm a beer guy but trust me... Camden Crush right under the scoreboard on Eutaw Street.

I've frequented the Inner Harbor for many years now. I'm partial to the Fell's Point area. We always take in a game and last year we did the Aquarium so this year we'll visit SFA. I have a season pass so its free anyhow. Natty Boh is amazing and I'll be throwing Old Bay on everything down there thats a rule.

Hi, everyone!

I am doing a road trip visiting some parks from the East coast and the first one will be SFA on August 4th. I will be landing at BWI at about 10am, so I want to hit SFA (more like a credit run) and then head up north to ride some coasters at Hersheypark at night.

What should I do to have all creds in the shortest time? (besides buying Flashpass) Any specific order? Any other highlights not to miss at the park? Do the rides have SRL? Also, does anybody know if Roar is going to be closed for good or just maintenance?

Thank you in advance! If anyone will be at the park that day, send me a PM and we can go on some coasters at SFA!

^Dont get a flash pass because that means you'd be wasting ten minutes at the flash pass booth. The only lines you'll have to deal with are Superman VR (so ride between 2-5pm unless you desperately want to try VR and wait two hours for it) and maybe Batwing. No single rider lines but everything else is probably a walk on.

Why between 2-5 pm? Do they remove VR between those hours on Superman just like SFNE has a certain schedule for Superman VR?

To be honest, I would like to be out of the park by 4.30 pm at the latest...

Do they remove VR between those hours on Superman just like SFNE has a certain schedule for Superman VR?

Yes

To be honest, I would like to be out of the park by 4.30 pm at the latest...

If you're there sometime around 12 you should be able to leave by 4:30 no problem. I'm not sure if Roar will be open but even if it's not you're not missing much. It's not the worst ride (that goes to Apocalypse and Mind Eraser) but if you get to Superman and Wild One (each in the back, Wild One second to last row) you've essentially done the best the park has to offer. Try Batwing to see if it's your thing--I generally enjoy it but a lot of people hate it.

If you're there sometime around 12 you should be able to leave by 4:30 no problem. I'm not sure if Roar will be open but even if it's not you're not missing much. It's not the worst ride (that goes to Apocalypse and Mind Eraser) but if you get to Superman and Wild One (each in the back, Wild One second to last row) you've essentially done the best the park has to offer. Try Batwing to see if it's your thing--I generally enjoy it but a lot of people hate it.

Thanks for the answers. I will try to ride Superman around 2pm then. As for Batwing, it's the coaster I am most looking forward to riding since I have a soft spot for flyers... And the Flying Dutchman model has always intrigued me (it'll be my first one). Hopefully, it'll deliver...

I am dreading the moment I have to ride Mind Eraser...

I was at the park yesterday and I need to share it you: that was my worst day at a park ever. First, the place is ugly as hell, there's some theming here and there but in general it looks like a parking lot with some rides. It was a sunny day and at some spots theres like no trees or shadows at all! Roar was closed, so the only good ride was Superman (Ragin Cajun was fun, Jokers Jynkx was ok, the rest js awful). The paek crew was, with some rare exceptions, unprofessional and unnefcient, besides being rude sometimes.

The VR thing: around 5 they started the VR again, and the loading times turned to 15 minutes at least. We had a 3 train wait that ended up lasting 50 minutes. Terrible. Then we finally got to ride it and it the view of the buildings and stuff was really exciting from the station, but as soon as the train moved the app crashed, and remained showing nonsense things the whole ride. That happenned to the whole train I was on, and talking to others guests it happenned to the previous trains too. So I dont think it was working at all!

So my advice about this park is: dont go! Just drive to Kings Dominion instead.

I kinda liked Wild One but its too rough, dont know if I would reride it

Is this thing on? Hang on... hang on...

0d10a60271f56024be4e519f77d19f13.jpg

STOP RIDING 3 BENCH WOOD COASTERS IN WHEEL SEATS.

STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!

And I know that's what you did. Because Wild One is a totally different ride in a wheel seat vs a non wheel seat.