TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Hello guys. I'm going to make a real quick stop on this park on Sunday on my way back from VA. My question is, how long are the lines usually for S:ROS? That's the only thing I'm worried about, but If I could get on some of the other coasters that would be nice too!

Hello guys. I'm going to make a real quick stop on this park on Sunday on my way back from VA. My question is, how long are the lines usually for S:ROS? That's the only thing I'm worried about, but If I could get on some of the other coasters that would be nice too!

I went this past Saturday and didn't wait longer than 25 minutes. Sunday should be better.

If you go during the peak water park hours, where most will be at, not longer than 25 like the last guy said. If they are running two trains, no more than 15.

Looking at visiting this Sunday with a few first timers (girlfriend/friends)...

Planning on doing both the water and theme park. If we arrive at opening and do the majority of the theme park rides by about 1pm, how are the crowds in the waterpark likely to be early/mid afternoon? Is it realistic to do a good number/majority of the slides by around 4 or 5?

I'm a somewhat regular to the dry side, but have never ventured over to the waterpark side.

If it's a nice day with no threat for rain, the lines can be long, especially the Bonzai Pipelines. Can u get at least one slide per slide by 5? Maybe, but you may need more time if you want to do 'every' slide (all 6 on Bonzai, all 4 on Zoomazon Falls, both sharks, etc). Too me, no slide over there should be missed. I like them all, and they never get old. Well, the one in the pool (lazy river pool) can be missed. I'm looking forward to your comments on Bonzai and the shark slides! Try your best not to let go of the tube In the reef runner. There are some turns in there where it feels like that you are going to go upside down, but will not! To get your best (more fun) ride on the big purple/green slide that sits 4 people, sit so you are going backwards; good times. Sucks carrying the raft up the stairs though.

If you want to crap your pants, Tornado , Bonzai, and maybe the Orange shark slide is your poison Have a good time. I love the water park. I actually may be there Sunday too. If I were you I would do it first. When the park first opens, lines are not that bad for the first hour or so.

One word of caution on Bonzai. I think it's the Orange slide that has some kind of ripple in the middle. You'll get a slight hit on the back of the head. It shouldn't hurt really, but it'll be a surprise. Also, 'HOLD' your nose closed! You'll see what I mean. Have fun watching people walk back down the stairs once they see people drop down the tubes.

Planning on doing both the water and theme park. If we arrive at opening and do the majority of the theme park rides by about 1pm, how are the crowds in the waterpark likely to be early/mid afternoon? Is it realistic to do a good number/majority of the slides by around 4 or 5?

You'll be totally fine - when I parked at noon last Sunday, there were no lines for any of the slides. By the time we actually went to ride a few of them around 5pm, lines were longer (about 5-10 minutes for Bonzai, 15-20 minutes for Tornado) but nothing too bad!

You'll be totally fine - when I parked at noon last Sunday, there were no lines for any of the slides. By the time we actually went to ride a few of them around 5pm, lines were longer (about 5-10 minutes for Bonzai, 15-20 minutes for Tornado) but nothing too bad!

5-10!for Bonzai. U were lucky that Sunday. Usually I get 15-25 on weekends.

I can't imagine the price of one of these things.

They said they were thinking around $250! I can't believe that...

They are telling me on a Flash Pass that you can skip the lines when at Six Flags America there is no such thing....so basically they are telling me to give them $250 for nothing, but these days people buy season passes and go for a day so I won't be surprised if some people get this.

Honest question, for those who may know... Which park draws more attendance from D.C.? SFA, or KD?

My assumption, which could be false, is that SFA would do well as a park because of its proximity to two major cities in Washington and Baltimore. But I am getting the impression that is not the case...

Honestly, I have a lot of friends that don't even know that the park exists...but they've all been to Kings Dominion, at least once as a kid. Most of them have heard of Great Adventure, yet have no clue that the same chain runs a park 20 minutes from their apartment.

And people wonder why it isn't Roar East going under the knife.

Honestly, I have a lot of friends that don't even know that the park exists...but they've all been to Kings Dominion, at least once as a kid. Most of them have heard of Great Adventure, yet have no clue that the same chain runs a park 20 minutes from their apartment.

And people wonder why it isn't Roar East going under the knife.

Really? I live about 20 minutes away from D.C and everyone has heard of/been to SFA, while pretty much everyone knows what KD is, only about 25% percent of those people have actually been there.