TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

As hated as this park is I will admit I am glad to have something as my home park. I would hate to be one of the people that have no parks by them. I know Hershey is kinda close but with gas prices the way they are and the government taking more taxes I am gonna love my little 45-50 min ride to SFA.

IKR!!!, I was just thinking that the other day. It must really suck to live in Nebraska . We are lucky to have a big amusement park near us. KD is a two-hour drive from me, and I can only make it a few times a year. I can go to SFA almost every week.

IKR x2!

I go to SFA about twice a month during the summer. Even after all my visits, I still find their coaster line up to be decent. Though since I go so much, it usually turns into trying to marathon Superman and Wild One (until one or the other breaks down, haha).

And I've always thought that those of us who live in the Washington-Baltimore area are lucky to be in such a convenient location. We have BGW, King's Dominions, SFA, Hersheypark, Knoebels, Dorney Park, and SFGAd all within 3.5 hr drives (if you drive fast enough and manage not to hit much I-95 traffic). Hey y'all, if you're in the market for a new home, Maryland is a GREAT place to live!

shameless MD plug>

As hated as this park is I will admit I am glad to have something as my home park. I would hate to be one of the people that have no parks by them. I know Hershey is kinda close but with gas prices the way they are and the government taking more taxes I am gonna love my little 45-50 min ride to SFA.

IKR!!!, I was just thinking that the other day. It must really suck to live in Nebraska . We are lucky to have a big amusement park near us. KD is a two-hour drive from me, and I can only make it a few times a year. I can go to SFA almost every week.

IKR x2!

I go to SFA about twice a month during the summer. Even after all my visits, I still find their coaster line up to be decent. Though since I go so much, it usually turns into trying to marathon Superman and Wild One (until one or the other breaks down, haha).

And I've always thought that those of us who live in the Washington-Baltimore area are lucky to be in such a convenient location. We have BGW, King's Dominions, SFA, Hersheypark, Knoebels, Dorney Park, and SFGAd all within 3.5 hr drives (if you drive fast enough and manage not to hit much I-95 traffic). Hey y'all, if you're in the market for a new home, Maryland is a GREAT place to live!

shameless MD plug>

I tottaly agree with your shameful plug . It's awesome having those amusement parks which give you different experiences near us.

Need some advice - trying to decide on one of two dates to visit: Wed 5th June and Sun 9th June. I assume the Wednesday will be quieter but the Sunday will work better with our schedule. Is it likely to be super busy on that day?

Need some advice - trying to decide on one of two dates to visit: Wed 5th June and Sun 9th June. I assume the Wednesday will be quieter but the Sunday will work better with our schedule. Is it likely to be super busy on that day?

I would suggest you go on June 5th. Kids are most likely taking finals during that week, and it will be very light-crowded. Most of the rides have a 5-15 min wait with the exception of Batwing and Superman which usually have under a 45 minute wait.

Wednesday would definitley be the best, but if you get there early on Sunday waits should't be a problem. 45 mins-1 hour tops.

Sundays are usually light in the park through out the whole season honestly. As long as you get there before/when they open you will be fine getting all the credits and most of the flats if you are even looking to get on any in one day. Just if you go on a Sunday go to Batwing and Superman first since they get the longest lines. Then you won't even need to go to that terribly laid out dead end for the rest of the day.

^, ^^ + ^^^ - thanks for the advice. I suspect we'll end up going on the Sunday, and just buy flash passes if the waits are too long. SFA's website has the gold flash pass price listed at $35 for one, anyone know how much it is for two people? $60?

^, ^^ + ^^^ - thanks for the advice. I suspect we'll end up going on the Sunday, and just buy flash passes if the waits are too long. SFA's website has the gold flash pass price listed at $35 for one, anyone know how much it is for two people? $60?

Sorry never bought one there because the only times I have seen you really need them are Saturday and Fright Fest. I usually always go on Sundays.

• 3 weeks later...

Screamscape -

I’m hearing that Six Flags America is trying to get their height limit raised in order to add some taller attractions into the park and is rumored to have shown off a Sky Screamer to city officials as the kind of ride they would like to add in the near future if they are allowed to do so.

If this is true it's great to see that they're making an effort to bring bigger things into the park rather than just putting in shorter rides.

I sure hope they get the approval. They really need some rides that stand out because all of the parks in the vicinity have coasters/attractions that out shine what they have. I know they have Wild One but that really is the only reason I go to this park now. Well besides it being so close and I like the water park. Even than I rather drive to Dorney or Kings Dominion for their water parks. Fireworks I could not care less about. They pretty much always look the same to me anyway, but that is my opinion. If anything if they get the approval that means lines for rides will drop once the fireworks start.

^ They know their competition. I think perhaps they have finally convinced Six Flags Inc. to finally really invest in this park. If you really look at it the land under that park is worth the most in the chain with it being so close to DC. They probably won't receive any record breaker coasters/rides because we all know Six Flags Great Adventure if their prized east coast park but I am sure they could come up with some awesome none cloned rides.

It's really interesting to be able to read all of these requirements. I'm curious to see what Six Flags America has planned over the next few years. Maybe we can see something big like a Sky Screamer? But on another note, where do people find these kinds of documents? I'd like to read up on some more of these from different parks around the nation.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know why the Six Flags America in Maryland is so cheap in price? The gold Flash Pass is only $35 and the Gold Season passes are around $80 (vs like $150 at Six Flags Great America in IL) Seems like they have a decent ride list.. is that a high crime area or something? Whats the deal? Thanks

Anyone know why the Six Flags America in Maryland is so cheap in price? The gold Flash Pass is only $35 and the Gold Season passes are around $80 (vs like $150 at Six Flags Great America in IL) Seems like they have a decent ride list.. is that a high crime area or something? Whats the deal? Thanks

Those are the same prices for both of the Six Flags parks in California.