TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain X2 Campout!

I got an e-mail from our local ACE rep about attending X2 Media Day this coming Thursday, May 22. Ordinarily, I'd go, but I'm supposed to start a new job on Tuesday, so I have to pass.

But I'm not worried...I'll get on soon enough.

Eric

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I wasn't even sure they were having a Media Day.....

I did get confirmation on the on board audio from something I ran across online:

Can X2 succeed where X failed?

Highlights:

"We've been testing the trains and haven't had to replace a wheel. On X our first summer, we were replacing 18-20 wheels a day," he said.

The new wheel performance means a much smoother ride, said Burkhart, who has ridden the new X2 "hundreds" of times during testing."

Most impressive, executives say, will be an on-ride audio system that "makes the one on [Disney's] California Screamin' sound like AM radio," Burkhart said.

Got my ticket in the mail today and all set to go.....

Six Flags will immerse the underground section at the bottom of the initial drop withy fog, creating a vortex effect as trains pass through during the day. After the second raven turn, flames will shoot at the passing trains,

Most impressive, executives say, will be an on-ride audio system that "makes the one on [Disney's] California Screamin' sound like AM radio," Burkhart said.

Well, that alone just sold me on an X2 campout ticket.

Man, I'm such a tool!

You Know I am going and Im bringing someone along with me and I think it's awsome that six flags is letting us do it again, I was there at the tatsu campout and that was the coolest thing, free food, free shirt , free breakfast even though they are not doing it the same way, $50 is not bad at all like people said before Parking, Entrance fee, Food all even out to $50, SO everyone needs to stop saying that $50 is alot cause it's not that bad at all.

Well, I was dozing off to bed and I was thinking about something. Mind you, I was half asleep when I came up with this theory, so if it sounds absurd or stupid, blame it on the fact that I haven't gotten any sleep in 48 hours.

200 spots reserved for the X2 Campout at $50 dollars each...hmmm 200x50=10,000.

Maybe those tunnels cost about $10,000 more or less....

^ I had once heard that the evac platform that was built after the turn around cost something like $150,000 so I would have to assume that the tunnels would be a LOT more than $10k.

--Robb

For those of you who may be planning on attending the camp-out, I have some info I just got from group sales regarding the weather. I asked if you had to camp-out or if you could stay in a hotel and just come very early in the morning. I was told that you had to camp-out, and that the window to be let in is only from 10:00pm - 11:00pm. I was told that if it ends up raining we would be moved somewhere indoors. Lastly, the area they will have us camping does have grass, so if you don't want to mess with an air mattress or cot, you'll probably be perfectly comfortable in a sleeping bag on the ground. That's all folks! See you all there! It's gonna be a blast! Jeff.

I am just leaving my house from Carlsbad! Hopefully the holiday weekend traffic isn't too bad. I'm making a stop in corona at least ill bypass the bad part of the 5.

Mr. Stratosphere. Are they letting us bring in our stuff and set it in the picnic area before 10? I plan on coming down to the park and riding a few before the night is over.

I didn't ask we got here this morning around eleven and just left our things in the car. At the end of the night we are going to go back to the car and move it and get our belongings. I will ask and if I get an answer I will post it here. Today has been a great day! I have had the best ride on viper I have ever had. And we are currently in line for dejavu.

John.

Thanks for your help, um probably going to do the same thing. Im leaving here in corona at 6:30 so if there isnt bad traffic i should get to the park at 7:30-8 I'll probably do the same thing, leave my stuff in the car.

Viper has been running good, at least for me!

Viper has been running pretty well lately ever since the new paintjob.

The last time I went on it, I sat on a wheel seat, so it was still rough, but the loops and the corkscrews were suprisingly not bad.

Anyways, I'll be leaving my house in an hour or so, so I'll see ya'll tonight!

Hey, how's the weather over there, anyone know?!