TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jamie's Awesome/Lame TR - Cedar Point June 2007

Okay I know this is kinda late to post, but I have been soooo busy! Forgive me if this is lame or whatever as this would be my first ever TR post!

I go visit my friends in Columbus Ohio and last year we went to Cedar Point as I have been dying to go since I was a little kid. Now I am a big kid and had the best time!

If you will notice there are no pics of Maverick! I was kinda annoyed as each time I went to ride it, it was shutdown! Or there was a huge line waiting for it to open. I think I saw it run one time while I was there. I was so mad I didn't even take pics. I thought, "next time!"

I love TTD.... I think it is pretty intense.... but it could have a little more... ya know... track... elements....LOL.... but I think it is still great.

I really liked Mean Streak as it wasn't too rough and was about the longest coaster I have ever been on. I was getting tired, so no pics fo Mean Streak or Magnum. Speaking of Magnum it is great, but oh my it did a number on my back!

I really enjoyed Cedar Point. This year I am going back to Columbus but I want to go to King's Island since I have never been there before either!

jjb07.jpg.b3b5bf65ccb868dca9c945843a5b1885.jpg

Here is a pic of Joe(left), Me(middle), and Bubba(right).

Joe is my best friend that is now living in Columbs and Bubba is my partner. This was taken at Columbus pride a few days before my CP trip. I bedazzled it up with Corel!

Thanks for reading my TR I hope I did okay for my very first one!

cpbye.jpg.8f0c3b89fae0590a5a9c316a1ac5be16.jpg

:0( I had to say goodbye!!!!

cprap3.jpg.99bf837821068d70bd6ef0ebf787f25e.jpg

Is that pretty!? I know it would be prettier with a train in the shot! Too tired to wait for it again!

cprap2.jpg.2426aeef4545bfdb7d1838f546d450ea.jpg

The sun is going down.... about to trek back to Columbus!

cprap.jpg.af6a0e4966616cad0438b65a4bde250f.jpg

Raptor looked awesome, but I didn't get a chance to ride. I rode Mantis and thought it was horrible... I so had a headache when I got off.

cpsup.jpg.a7fcc3ae2ad4dfef8001ef839f7c77ad.jpg

Didn't have a chance to ride this.... I guess after MF and TDD... what's the point!?

cpfer2.jpg.09d587b298f8a1dd3e16ffa4c64a2666.jpg

Huge! Didn't ride it though.... blah!

cpmax.jpg.51b7f6c2f1ce63d1b105a78d51d780bb.jpg

Very fun ride... nothing spectacular though.

cpwtme.jpg.e62e21946fe003af69b1a4757736ed7f.jpg

You can see me start to blur by... I love launch coasters or whatever they are called.

cpwt2.jpg.487cd650f7ee8e511cd7c6f5af9ef6e8.jpg

WT was so much fun! It is totally one of my top fav coasters!

cpfer.jpg.6867376ee46e3375523a1e18a6707bcd.jpg

Kinda artsy huh?! Anyway I was really looking forward to WT... as SFOG DevaVu... never ran long enough for me to ride it!

cpmf.jpg.4ba8b680e2a12e2f96e41da9ce600df6.jpg

Not very cool how it wasn't easy to get pic of MF.

cpmf2.jpg.4309169690bb65b6db66967b6fc2d26a.jpg

I don't even remember this part.... I was still trying to stay alive!

cpmf1.jpg.f7fb10ab0999fbd3cf00937f7bda81be.jpg

The most intense coaster ever! I swear I totally about lost consciousness! Was it b/c of fear? Lack of Oxygen?

cpcor.jpg.3204ee383d623c881e0adf196239af7d.jpg

The most painful, waste of time, and did I mention painful, Arrow coaster of all time!?!?

cpmid.jpg.13c116657559a5b7587f4bcd69c7d2e2.jpg

CP is a beautiful park! I didn't have enough time...Next time I am not going with my partner, Bubba... he doesn't like rides! GASP!?!

cpwt.jpg.bb52d948a7bd890503f1d77927670e19.jpg

I'm sorry... it was my very first time.... so I had to take pics of everything!

cpme.jpg.41edf6b1293edf873a0ca0b8094eced5.jpg

Me looking hot... (hello it was so freaking HOT!)

cpevil.jpg.bf62c32950354bebf1850a4f678b2702.jpg

Enough TTD on to evil animals...

cpttdb.jpg.fb39cd62e809bfe693a874db4a0d9d2e.jpg

This wasn't a pic of me... just very fast and very blurry! Everyone looks happy!

cpttd4.jpg.ad9f8d658ed6fbff641d198236e1f154.jpg

OH! I still get funny feelings looking at these pics! It was 90+ degrees... but at this moment I was frozen with FEAR!

cpttd2.jpg.44a9c8fee270fe5863adb2941830a9dc.jpg

I think TTD is a very photographic coaster!

cpttd.jpg.579d3d9ca41f2701a437979037716748.jpg

Even closer! I can barely contain a wimper or a little girl shriek! I know I am pathetic!

cpttddis.jpg.c2b091d3bede0889e4b2fc0501af4226.jpg

I'm getting closer!!! I practically ran to get over to TDD.

cpdis.jpg.5701d3fcdcdf74117bc2bade47383fad.jpg

This was my first view of CP! I was like a little kid going to Disney World for the first time!

cpttdme.jpg.15def8a6625c23fe95c9be39ed913154.jpg

This is me in the front seat of TTD (I'm on the left!)! I was actually terrified! I don't know who that chic is with me...!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Another one? What is up with b/f's not like rides or rollercoasters! I could probably go on at least one TPR trip if my partner would have a good time! So, alas, I am not able to go!!! I have to beg just to go to one park each year! That is sad...sad....sad....

Great TR, this just builds the anticipation to my trip this summer. It will be my first time there and I can't wait. Also I don't have a gf right now, but my family who i go to parks most often with are normally sit outers. Too many times being single rider.

I loved Cedar Point! It was a beautiful park and had a good mix of fun rides.

I definitely will go back in 2009. I really want to ride Maverick. I was really disapointed that I didn't get to ride it when I was there. It really gets on my nerves when rides just don't work. Like Deja Vu at SFOG, in the years it was there, I tried riding it like 10 times... every time it would shut down when I was in line or it was closed the entire day. I really hate that!

This year I am going to King's Island.... which will be my first visit there as well! I hope I like it as well as Cedar Point!

Eh, don't get your hopes up too much. Cedar Point has many stand out, unique coasters. Kings Island...not so much. They have a bunch of good to decent clones with two unique woodies, one in a good way and one for...well...

If you had a great time at CP without hitting a couple of the big names, though, you certainly seem to be able to make the best out of your situation. Kudos to you for that! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed KI (and I am one of a few who enjoyed SOB), and I hope you do too. Just don't expect a bunch of MF and TTD quality rides.

Indeed you missed out not riding Maverick, IMO it is the best ride in the park(and my #1 overall coaster)

Raptor is also very good, sad to hear Mantis scared you off, it is a crappy ride, almost entirely because stand up coasters are a terrible gimmick.

My BF was terrified of riding coasters (he's 64), but I started him on the small one's first (think Mine Ride style) and last year, I got him on Millenium Force in the front seat at night!

He is still reluctant to ride Top Thrill Dragster (he calls it Death Wish II), but we have now gone to seven theme parks in four and a half years together and he is getting more and more used to riding them with me!

There are still moments where I get more of a kick out of watching him on the coasters, because he will have his eyes closed so tight going down the big hills. It used to be that way through most of the ride, but now after the initial drop, he has progressed from both eyes closed the entire ride, to one eye open, to now even an occasional "look Ma, no hands!"

Hope someday, your BF will be willing to at least try some smaller coasters with you. Not sure if he drinks, but sometimes one or two late afternoon cocktails will loosen even the most coaster-phobiac person!!! Just don't overdo it!!

Attached pic was taken at night in the front seat after a couple of JD and Cokes!!! Best ride ever!!!

P1010079.jpg.5f722cf38fdaac1820fb1690ed1372bf.jpg

Okay, I might have over-reacted a bit with the craziness!!!!

Forgot to tell you...nice trip report! I laughed at the pic of you on TTD. My first ride was also in the front seat (at night, no less) with some girl I met in line, and I was also...TERRIFIED!!

I would definitely recommend that you try to get back and do Maverick someday. It would be well worth the trip alone! I had the same bad luck when I went out last year (broke down). Luckily, we stayed two days and after it was broke down the first day, it opened the second, so I got two rides on it. I would also highly recommend Raptor in the front seat if you ever get back!

You definitely did not miss out on Iron Dragon, but hopefully, you got to ride Demon Drop before that classic is removed!

OMG! Another one? What is up with b/f's not like rides or rollercoasters! I could probably go on at least one TPR trip if my partner would have a good time! So, alas, I am not able to go!!! I have to beg just to go to one park each year! That is sad...sad....sad....

How much does it cost to join the "my boyfriend doesn't like to ride" club? I need a membership.

I want badly to go on a TPR trip, but my boyfriend would probably want to go and complain the entire time, and make fun of the "coaster nerds". Maybe I can eventually ditch him for a while and go on my own.

Nice Trip Report by the way.

AMAZING TR!! You took some really good photos! I loved the photos of WT! Most people just post Top Thrill Pictures! It was nice to see you break out of the strata-coaster bubble and take pictures of other rides!! I also loved the Raptor in the sunset picture!! Again amazing TR! I am glad you had fun!!

~Matthew

Luckily my boyfriend (I should say partner since it has been 5 years!!!) loves coasters! Of course, the first time we did TTD, he had his eyes closed. I tried to tell him that it makes it worse, but kind of hard to reason with someone at 120mph!

He did go to Germany in 2005 and go the Expedition Geforce credit, so I am pretty jealous of that!

408342647_OhioJuly2004175(Medium).jpg.03488135f417902f9ccc8324801fa18b.jpg

Shawn's 1st visit to CP in 2004 and his first ride on Cedar Downs!