TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Could it be?

If you follow the link below you will see that a small theme park in baton rouge, Dixie Landin, will have a new ride for 2008 and it looks to be the Sidewinder from the now closed Wild West World. Dixie Landin Recieved a spinning roller coaster last year and the water park right next to it, Blue Bayou, got a proslide Bowl slide VOODOO!

http://bluebayou.com/whats_new.php

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! I first visited this small, but quaint little park this year while visiting family down south. I really liked there S&S tower, "The Hot Shot". They could use some better coasters though. The water park was really nice. The only thing I found weird was the lack of shops and food places. I only saw like 2 food places and that was in the water park. I saw like 2 shops and they were both closed. One had glass windows all around and looked as if it was just being used for storage. It just needs some improvements. I think this ride will go very well in this park.

EDIT: And I rode the spinning coaster. It was pretty fun with some good twist and drops, but the seats and restraints weren't too friendly towards men.

Could those pictures be of the one from Adventureland in Des Moines, IA?

--Robb

The photos are of Adventureland's model, but since then Rides 4 U (Moser rep in US) also sold the identically themed model to Wild West World (headed to Wild Adventures) and now Dixie Landing. Two additional Moser models also were sold to Knoebels and Cliffs.

I applaud Dixie Landing's modest, yet consistant annual expansions in light of SFNO's unfortunate situation. The park has a very solid mix of rides and one of the most underrated (perhaps because of its out of the way location) waterparks anywhere.

They are a small to medium sized wood coaster away from rounding out their ride roster perfectly.

-Mark

They are a small to medium sized wood coaster away from rounding out their ride roster perfectly.-Mark

I doubt they could fit a wood in their land. Even a small one. But, it would be totally aswome if they would move and get alot of more land, to one day build a woodie. That day is near the horizon (OMG I sounded like a fortune cookie!).

-Tatum " Maybe one day we can get a woodie like the Boardwalk Bullet!"

I doubt they could fit a wood in their land. Even a small one.

Everytime someone says "oh, they can't fit such and such ride" it makes me want to have the park build one to prove that person wrong.

Have you seen how they fit in Boardwalk Bullet? Or maybe New Mexico Rattler? Or Cornball Express.

What it comes down to is this - If a park REALLY wants to add something, they will find the room to do it.

--Robb

^^I think you are missing Robb's point: As other rides have proven, "open space" is not a requirement. Rides have already been built over, under, and around existing structures at other parks, so why couldn't it happen here too?