TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Mini Trips - 2008

Unfortunely for Coaster Enthusiasts, the best time to hit the parks is often when airfare is at its highest!

It's too dangerous for us to offer a trip at the beginning or end of a season due to weather, delays, or breakdowns!

That being said, we're already in talks with the parks on the Behemoth / Ravine Flyer trip and I can tell you some good stuff is in the works!

Oh and it says on the flyer the trip departs and returns to Philadelphia.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW - I always wanted to a) go on a TPR trip b) go back to Niagara Falls and Canada because I went there a million times before I became an enthusiast. I live just outside of Philly in Jersey so this is a dream come true. I don't have to fly in! My uncle can get me tickets for the all the places cheaply from his group plan at work but I already took advantage of him over the years. I think this will be well worth the reward to cover this trip myself and join.

Thanks for the reply reference airfares and time of travel SharkTums.

Incidentally, I seem to have answered my question meantime on where this trip will start from; it said Philadelphia airport in one thread. I guess things will not be cast in stone though until the trip is finalized.

Many thanks.

Martin

From the flyer:

2008 Behemoth/Ravine Flyer Trip Schedule (subject to change):

8/2/08 – Depart Philadelphia (PHL) Airport via coach – Visit Seabreeze

8/3/08 – Darien Lake & Martin’s Fantasy Island

8/4/08 – Canada’s Wonderland

8/5/08 – Marineland & Waldameer

8/6/08 – Idlewild, Lakemont, DelGrosso's Amusement Park

8/7/08 – Return to Philadelphia (PHL) airport.

The trip will start and end in Philly, no change.

how many people do you cap out on for the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer trip?

i've been seeing if i can make the payments for the east coast trip, but this one just works out so much better (for my finance and schedule too..) and I've never been on a TPR trip before, nor do I really know anybody... so I'm just wondering how many people may end up going....

not that it would effect me going or not... just curious... cause I think I'm in....

Robb and Elissa, my parents - even with the "installment plan" - aren't willing to spend the money for this trip. (Plus it comes in conflict with Marching Band - in missing even one rehearsal can be quite a hassle) but since I live in Central NY, and I go to DL and Seabreeze on a regular basis, what are the days that you plan to go to DL and Seabreeze? (Are you going to do other parks in the same days, as well?)

^Yes, we are planning to at least do a quick driveby where you'll be able to see the falls. (Although you can see them from the top of the S&S Tower at Marineland too!)

It will depend on the timing for the day and what we get in regards to ERT at both of the parks we're hitting that day.

It looks like I may be able to go on my first TPR trip after all. I'll contact you about payment sched and stuff when I get back from the debut later this week. (It went well, btw. Critics and audiences both enjoyed it, although attendance was a little anemic.) Thanks for being understanding funds-wise. I'll try to get my deposit in very soon!

Scott "is finally a professional classical artist after 22 years of trying" Mayfield

Curious here.

I'm a new member to the board, but I've talked to Robb in earlier times.

Now, I'm 15. According to the flyer, NO ONE under 16 is allowed to attend the trips? Is this a set in stone policy, or is there exceptions to the rule?

Because this trip sounds like a blast, and it's just what I need to really get me started as a 'true' enthusiast, if you will.

Coaster count is at a mere 42. This would help out a lot, and I would love to hang out with the TPR crew!

Someone help me out here. =/