TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags strikes deal with Baynum Painting Inc.

NEW YORK, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags, Inc. announced today a two-year partnership under which Baynum Painting Inc., a world-class painting corporation for amusement parks, will become a Six Flags partner and the official ride painter of all Six Flags properties throughout the U.S.

Throughout this partnership, Six Flags parks will utilize Baynum Painting Inc. for new projects and the companies will collaborate on a variety of innovative in-park marketing and promotional initiatives including the use of signage highlighting attractions painted by Baynum Painting Inc. and online advertisements on the official Six Flags website.

"Baynum Painting Inc. is a well-known and respected brand in the theme park industry," said Jeff Portugal, Six Flags vice president of corporate alliances. "Both Six Flags and Baynum Painting will benefit from this agreement. Among other things, it will mean competitive pricing on future projects for us and brand identification with the world's largest regional theme park company for Baynum. We look forward to a great partnership."

About Baynum Painting Inc.

Operating out of Covington KY, Baynum Painting Inc. has been delivering painting solutions for amusement parks for more than 25 years. Having painted hundreds of coasters, towers, slides and other amusement park structures across the globe, Baynum Painting's unique expertise has set the standard throughout the industry.

About Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc., founded in 1961, is the world's largest regional theme park company. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation headquartered in New York City.

SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. & © 2007

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to say, does anyone remember the old Sherwin Williams commercial where they showed a guy painting the first hill of Screamin' Eagle?

Sure enough, I went to Sherwin Williams' website, and I found this page that talks about contracting with Baynum Painting to paint roller coasters:

http://www2.sherwin-williams.com/im/cs/cs-summer2006/default.asp

Full circle.

T2 should be repainted first off as a main priority. Ugly old red station and the black chipping off into the old red paint.

Is there still that possibility of S:TE at SFMM finally getting that repaint now since painting has been "sponsored?"

T2 should be repainted first off as a main priority. Ugly old red station and the black chipping off into the old red paint.

Is there still that possibility of S:TE at SFMM finally getting that repaint now since painting has been "sponsored?"

Ironically for right now, S:TE has still been shelved. Viper just closed down after this weekend to begin its repaint, track, supports, and all. Which I never found Viper to be all that bad yet. But now corporate negotiated this, so why not!

X obviously will also be repainted as a part of it's multiplication quadratically to the second power.

-Jahan

My guess would be that they are holding off on S:TE since they're not sure how many more seasons it will be around. It would be a pretty big waste of money to paint it and tear it down 2 or 3 years later. This is just my personal thinking, I'm not saying it's going anywhere for sure.

The deal already looks like it is in full swing. Medusa at SFDK is finally getting a new paint job.

It's about time they gave that some new paint!

Boomerang could also use a new coat of paint. That ride has looked terrible for years.

EDIT:

My guess would be that they are holding off on S:TE since they're not sure how many more seasons it will be around. It would be a pretty big waste of money to paint it and tear it down 2 or 3 years later. This is just my personal thinking, I'm not saying it's going anywhere for sure.

Remember how SFAW painted at least 3 of their coasters and closed down the following year?

The deal already looks like it is in full swing. Medusa at SFDK is finally getting a new paint job.

It's about time they gave that some new paint!

Boomerang could also use a new coat of paint. That ride has looked terrible for years.

I know. When I was there with my aunt this summer she made a comment about how all the coasters were fading. Medusa is finally getting one. Kong could use a new one in a few years(not to bad now) and Boomerang needs a new paint job. But with Medusa getting one and the park building THBS, they will probably hold off on painting Boomerang another year.

The question is: Will Medusa be open during Holiday in the Park. According to Screamscape, Roar and V2 are expected to have a little TLC and matinence during the event so the only two coasters open would be Kong and Boomerang.

Ninja at SFStL.

The black is wearing off and the red is showing through. It looks pretty horrible.

It did look pretty sweet in red and white at Expo!

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2462773160064924833ukSmsc

And I wouldn't mind them going back to that scheme. Any new paint is better than what's on it now. I would really like it if they painted the track red and made the supports black. Then they could go back to white trains and it would look SWEET.

They painted parts of Viper a few years ago right before X opened. I didn't think the ride looked that bad, and again it's only been a few years since it last got paint.

Also am I the only one who actually enjoys that whole industrial, unpainted, look of Superman. Sure it might be ugly, but I've grown used to, and dare I say fond, of the colorless tower.

^I'd have to agree with you on Superman. If anything, paint it that steel color again. Why they would think of painting it red blue and yellow all around the tower just seems strange to me. I mean, its a bunch of I beams bolted together, let it look that way!

However I believe Viper was painted a couple years ago in sections for a movie that was coming out. Space Cowboys or something? I think it just happened to occur around the same time X was being built. Not 100%.

I can name off a ton of rides that should be painted. I used to cross my fingers for a Ninja paint job and that finally happened. Anyone wanna root for Colossus? Maybe they'll close it, retrack it, and get new trains.

Call it Colossus Squared. Bringing wood coasters to the 2nd dimension.

Bad Idea.

^True, I've heard from people I know several times saying things like 'was nemesis the purple one?'. Also 'the one where your legs dangled' etc. And just to clarify I am talking about Nemesis at thorpe park.

But yeah it will be good if some of the rides get a nice paint job, a lot of them seemed very faded at SFMM. Also on the topic of superman I really don't think it needs a paint job, its probably better left as it is.