The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a good night for me. I hit the 6 to 1 safety prop bet in the first 12 seconds of the game!!!

Nice. My guy had a 40-1 prop on a safety being the first score. I thought about it, but didn't do it. I've been kicking myself ever since it happened. I even told my friends before the game that I thought Seattle was going to get a safety. Oh well. Made plenty of money on the Seahawks yesterday, so it's all good.

I was actually AT the game last night. While the score wasn't good, I was in awe of how dominant Seattle was. Probably the best game by a team I've ever seen. Gotta ask the hardcore football fans, do you think this Seattle team is one of the 10 best in NFL history? They had a 13-3 year, didn't give up more than 24 points in any game this year in an era that has all the rules to the offensive advantage and held statistically the greatest offense in NFL history to 8 freaking points! They reminded me of the '86 Giants a bit where the defense is dominant and the offense is at least good unlike the '00 Ravens or '02 Bucs. I just want to know if I'm overrating them or are they as good as I think they are.

That game was like watching the Buffalo Bills in three of their four Super Bowl performances. I kept having flashbacks and was thinking that the Bills just showed up in Bronco's uniforms.

Good thing was that I won $400 on office pools so that will just about cover the cost of our Sea World, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios tickets in March!

Edit:

A friend of mine offered up this gem of a quote last night.

"Peyton, Grab a Snickers"

"You Play Like Eli When You're Hungry"

I just about keeled over in my chair laughing so hard.

Have you seen these one's?

Use the promo code PEYTON when ordering a Papa Johns pizza & when it’s delivered to your house, a Seattle DB will take it from you & eat it.

Bfg-0nxIEAEBvm_.thumb.jpg.7428a55e9796efb78e0f21b088e39928.jpg

Courtesy of Jason Barrett - Twitter.

• 1 month later...

^Not sure about that just yet.

The Bills still have several years left on the current lease and they just pulled out of the Toronto series for next year due to not drawing enough attendance and the fact that it takes away the team's "home field." That game against Atlanta in Toronto this past year was a total embarrassment to the organization and they knew something had to be done after the players even spoke out to the local media and complained on camera.

They are doing some pretty expensive renovations to Ralph Wilson Stadium this off-season and the county executives, governor and other politicians keep saying that they will fight to do what it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo - but then again, who trusts a politician?

Plus, I was reading that there would be something like a $400 million penalty if the new owner(s) tried to move the team before the lease expired. It should be very interesting to see what comes out of Ralph's will, although I assume the team would go to his surviving daughter (whom I believe doesn't really have much interest in the team). His other daughter that just passed away a few years ago had tremendous interest in the team and keeping them in Buffalo, so that was another sad loss.

It would be a shame to lose the team to any other city as we have the 2nd smallest market, but yet still manage to sell out the majority of home games in a 72,000+ seat stadium. The Bills are EVERYTHING to Buffalo and it would be a huge disaster if the city ever loses them...despite the fact that they have sucked for 13+ years in a row.

In fact, the entire local news broadcast last night (except for the weather) was all about Ralph Wilson and what he meant to this area. I'm sure that tonight won't be much different.

Things NFL owners have a lot of: Money and greed.

I have no doubt the NFL/new owner will hold the city of Buffalo hostage to get even more renovations or a new stadium at the cities expense or be gone in that reported 2019 opt-out date.

Things NFL owners have a lot of: Money and greed.

I have no doubt the NFL/new owner will hold the city of Buffalo hostage to get even more renovations or a new stadium at the cities expense or be gone in that reported 2019 opt-out date.

I can see an owner not only holding the city hostage for the next 6 years and then move anyway!

^^ I agree and everyone in Western NY is terrified that this exact thing might happen. Renovations are currently ongoing, but there is a task group that was just formed a few months ago that will work on "what it will take to keep the Bills in Buffalo." I wonder if they knew that Ralph's health was in a steady state of decline?

Everyone here just wants to see our NFL blue collar football team stay in Buffalo. They want to watch the Bills go out, win some games & play competitively every Sunday. Granted, they haven't won any SB titles, but there are still a lot of older folks like me that remember the 4 SB glory days and want nothing more than to see this team rise to the top of the AFC East again. I have been to a few games in other NFL stadiums (including Seattle) and I have never experienced a tailgate & game with such rowdy, passionate (and some times, unbelievably stupid) fans like the one's that I have attended in Orchard Park over the years.

My dream would be to have the Bills and their renovated stadium look (and play) like they are the Green Bay Packers of the AFC. Small market, but a stadium where other NFL teams fear to play!

^^ I agree and everyone in Western NY is terrified that this exact thing might happen. Renovations are currently ongoing, but there is a task group that was just formed a few months ago that will work on "what it will take to keep the Bills in Buffalo." I wonder if they knew that Ralph's health was in a steady state of decline?

Everyone here just wants to see our NFL blue collar football team stay in Buffalo. They want to watch the Bills go out, win some games & play competitively every Sunday. Granted, they haven't won any SB titles, but there are still a lot of older folks like me that remember the 4 SB glory days and want nothing more than to see this team rise to the top of the AFC East again. I have been to a few games in other NFL stadiums (including Seattle) and I have never experienced a tailgate & game with such rowdy, passionate (and some times, unbelievably stupid) fans like the one's that I have attended in Orchard Park over the years.

My dream would be to have the Bills and their renovated stadium look (and play) like they are the Green Bay Packers of the AFC. Small market, but a stadium where other NFL teams fear to play!

You guys have to figure out how to get the refs on your side if you want it to be like Green Bay

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post, but what did you guys think of this year's draft?

Personally, I was pissed when Buffalo traded next year's 1st rounder to move up and get Sammy Watkins. I figured that if they traded up that they would have either went for Clowney or our local guy, Mack.

I guess I am willing to give GM Doug Whaley a free pass because I thought he did a great job drafting for the Bills last year. But the verdict will be out to see if drafting him and then immediately trading Stevie Johnson to the 49'ers for a 4th round pick was a smart thing to do. My assumption is that the Bills front office didn't want SJ tarnishing this young kids career or attitude!

Also wondered what the Browns fans out there think of getting Manziel?

And what was the deal with the Jags taking Bortles at #3 when they could have traded down and got him and possibly a first round pick next season? That really seemed kind of odd (or very stupid depending on how you look at it).

I was happy with the Draft. As a Jets fan, we made some smart picks during the early rounds. Not yet sure how I feel regarding the late pick of Tajh Boyd, I think we have enough QB's on the roster, but then again I don't think he will be playing QB. I think that pick gives them another weapon similarly to how we used Brad Smith a couple of years ago.

Regarding other teams, I think that the 3 teams who had the best drafts are the Browns, the 49ers, and the Rams. The Browns solidified many positions, and they got Manziel at a steal. The 49ers have quietly had one of the best drafts, and what else is there to say regarding the Rams. The drafting of Michael Sam was probably one of the best moves they could have made. Even if he wasn't drafted, I think that they would have ended up signing him after the draft anyway.

With the Jags, I think they wanted to make sure they got their possible QB of the future.

I do agree with you regarding the Bills moving up, I thought for sure they were going to get Mack, but Watkins isn't the worst move. Just hope it works out in the long-run.

Seattle won the Super Bowl with 8 undrafted free agents. The draft is still a crapshoot. I don't get the excitement.

Edited by Jew

I like what the Vikings did. I thought they reached a bit on Barr at #9, but I don't think anyone wanted to trade with them besides Cleveland. I loved the Bridgewater pick. Great value. I wanted Manziel, I just think the guy's a winner, but Bridgewater was 1a on my list for QBs. Looks like they got a steal in the 5th round with the Stanford OG, and drafted a ton of athletes that will play other positions in the NFL. I really like Mike Zimmer, and his first draft seemed pretty solid, but you never know how a draft went until 3-4 years from now. All speculation at this point.

• 3 months later...

Big win for the Bills over Chicago last week and the sale of the team to Pegula has really created a stir in B-Lo this week.

Given the fact that he owns the Sabres and just sank millions into the new Harbor Front Center in downtown, fans believe that the team is safe here for a while...at least more-so than if Bon Jovi/Rogers would have won the bidding. I think having Rogers interested in buying the team was a sure sign the team would be moving to Toronto despite what Bon Jovi was saying to the media that he was committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

I think the home opener this week against Miami is the first time in a long time that I remember upper level tickets going for $150+....it's going to be raucous & loud, I'm sure!

Big win for the Bills over Chicago last week and the sale of the team to Pegula has really created a stir in B-Lo this week.

Given the fact that he owns the Sabres and just sank millions into the new Harbor Front Center in downtown, fans believe that the team is safe here for a while...at least more-so than if Bon Jovi/Rogers would have won the bidding. I think having Rogers interested in buying the team was a sure sign the team would be moving to Toronto despite what Bon Jovi was saying to the media that he was committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

I think the home opener this week against Miami is the first time in a long time that I remember upper level tickets going for $150+....it's going to be raucous & loud, I'm sure!

I have been a Bills fan since the 4 Super Bowl appearances and this is the first time in a long time I believe that the team is finally headed in the right direction. They have a lot of good young talent on offense and defense but with that said..their success all hinges on the progression of E.J. Manuel. If he keeps limiting the mistakes like he did against the Bears then they will have a chance to win most of their games.

^ I agree...his success (and ability to keep healthy) are key to this team.

I can't believe the energy and emotion people have shown to the local media this week. The RV lot at the stadium was completely full by yesterday afternoon and the fans there were already partying!

It's pretty crazy when the media shows grown men in tears after the announcement because they are so passionate about their Bills. I just hope that they can succeed, because Pegula isn't unlike any other businessman. If the teams are not making money or succeeding here, there is always that outside chance that he could move them somewhere else.

Although that seems a lot less likely than if Rogers/Bon Jovi or Donald Trump would have bought the team. Pegula has a TON of money invested in the downtown waterfront project so the only debate that I could see coming in the future is if he demands a new stadium to be built near all of his other businesses.

Not that I would be opposed to a waterfront stadium in downtown, I like The Ralph for it's charm and location...and ease of tailgating!

• 3 months later...

Bump.

So what do you guys think of the playoffs so far? Surprises, letdowns, bad officiating (Dallas/Detroit - cough)? I think we've seen a little bit of everything, but other than the Steeler home loss, I can't say that any of the games have been total shockers thus far.

Just as I mentioned to a friend of mine in Seattle about a month ago, I can see a New England/ Seattle Super Bowl in Arizona this year. My prediction will be Seattle repeating in an exciting 30-27 win against Brady and Co. in the big game.

Also just heard that the Bills are going to hire Rex Ryan as their next head coach...definitely wasn't expecting that!