TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Wasn't the reason the park removed Skyrider was because of maintenance/lack of parts? I wish the park that bought it well, and I hope that they have good luck with it.

It might have simply been due to low ridership. Over the last few years, I've never seen a line at Skyrider. The park probably figured they can get more ridership and marketing opportunities out of a new ride in its old spot.

Of course, I could just be talking out my butt, so whatever.

It might have simply been due to low ridership. Over the last few years, I've never seen a line at Skyrider. The park probably figured they can get more ridership and marketing opportunities out of a new ride in its old spot.

Of course, I could just be talking out my butt, so whatever.

That sound about right to me. The line was always low, capacity was always horrible and the idea of something new in there just makes sense for the park.

I was always floored that load times took, on average 3-4min. I understand that standup coasters are a different breed but always thought load times could be a little faster than what they have been for a while now.

I am excited for whatever the park has up its sleeve.

Wasn't the reason the park removed Skyrider was because of maintenance/lack of parts? I wish the park that bought it well, and I hope that they have good luck with it.

I thought the reason why Skyrider was removed, was so that they would have room for a new coaster.

I thought the reason why Skyrider was removed, was so that they would have room for a new coaster.

There is always more than one reason. But either way, making room for a new coaster is more of "bonus".

There is always more than one reason. But either way, making room for a new coaster is more of "bonus".

Yeah, there is nothing people want more in a amusement park than a new coaster especially in this case were the coaster might be a

'very big project".

I cannot wait till they announce the new coaster!

I'm pretty sure there isn't a space crisis at CW. I'd be inclined to believe the maintenance theory more that the new coaster theory. With that said, I do believe CW gets a new coaster, but I'm not so sure it goes in SR's spot.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a space crisis at CW. I'd be inclined to believe the maintenance theory more that the new coaster theory. With that said, I do believe CW gets a new coaster, but I'm not so sure it goes in SR's spot.

I think the new coaster will go were Skyrider is. Even though there is a bit of room around the park, I think that the new coaster will go behind Behemoth and go in Splash Works. Take a look at this picture, I do not think this will be the real layout but it shows were there is room for a new coaster. I also doubt that the new coaster will be a launched coaster.

thumb_canada_s_wonderland_2016_wingrider_layout_0.png.73dc6a91f58a6590536a669b6806ebc6.png

With a little bit of innovation the train problem could be fixed. And again, "a very big project" can mean literally anything....it doesn't have to be referring to a coaster.

I know, but Canada's Wonderland is due for a new coaster in 2016.

With a little bit of innovation the train problem could be fixed. And again, "a very big project" can mean literally anything....it doesn't have to be referring to a coaster.

I am very well aware of that. A big project can mean a never before seen ANYTHING, large flat ride, multiple attractions, etc.

But I do agree that it will most likely be a coaster....I just like stirring the pot. It gets boring when we keep debating about the same thing (coaster model).

Sources?

I would put

VF

MIA

Dor

WOF

CGA

well before CW that should BE DUE.

^There is a news article on the Internet that quotes the VP of marketing saying "for those that have followed us the last few years, they will have a pretty good idea of what is coming".

I'm on my phone right now so I'll find the article later.

^There is a news article on the Internet that quotes the VP of marketing saying "for those that have followed us the last few years, they will have a pretty good idea of what is coming".

I understand that CW is most likely getting a new coaster in 2015. They pull the most guest in a year every season. Its understandable. People saying that the park is neglected and NEEDS something is getting crazy. But I do agree there deserving giving the parks performance, and they really need a good looper

I understand that CW is most likely getting a new coaster in 2015. They pull the most guest in a year every season. Its understandable. People saying that the park is neglected and NEEDS something is getting crazy. But I do agree there deserving giving the parks performance, and they really need a good looper

I agree that a lot of parks are due for a new coaster. That is why I was disappointed when Carowinds got Fury325 instead of any other neglected Cedar Fair park. It seems that the only parks Cedar Fair cares about is Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Kings Islande and of course Cedar Point. I think the reason why Michigan's Adventure is so neglected is because Cedar Point is close to Michigan's Adventure and Cedar Fair wants more people to go to Cedar Point than Michigan's Adventure. I wish Cedar Fair would sell Michigan's Adventure to someone who is interested in making it better.

It was only Paramount that was neglecting Canada's Wonderland, as soon as Cedar Fair bought it they completely turned this park around.