TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster T-Shirts

KevRus

Okay, so recently, I was leaving my house for Knott's (against my will, I swear) and I was wearing an Xcelerator t-shirt. My friend IMMEDIATELY stopped what he was doing, ran to me, and not-so-politely informed me that wearing a coaster t-shirt to that coaster's park is absolutely frowned upon by coaster enthusiasts.

Soooo, of course, here I am, asking TPR.

I hope this isn't some unspoken rule I haven't heard of, like wearing a band t-shirt to that band's concert.

This led me to think about 3 other questions.

1) What if you are wearing an often-cloned coaster t-shirt to a park that just happens to have one of the coasters. For example, would wearing a Batman: The Ride t-shirt that you bought at your home Six Flags still cause you to be beaten up at a different Six Flags? I mean, that would definitely prove that you know your stuff if you shouted "THIS IS FROM MAGIC MOUNTAIN, AND THEIR BATMAN PULLS .1 MORE G'S THAN YOURS" at a large group of people.

2) What if you're wearing the t-shirt of a now defunct roller coaster to its past home park? I think an exception to this rule would be wearing a Drachen Fire t-shirt to Busch Gardens, since people have mostly tried to forget about it, and won't know what your t-shirt is talking about anyways.

3) What if you buy a t-shirt AT the amusement park, and decide to put it on and wear it the rest of the day?

Maybe TPR can enlighten me, maybe my friend is nuts. Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wear any T-shirt you want to a park, just as long as it is not nasty/obscene. Who cares what other people think, if you want to wear a coaster shirt to a park, wear a coaster shirt to a park.

Erik "Who is a dork who likes to wear coaster shirts to parks" Johnson

I think that if anyone has a problem with someone wearing a Coaster shirt to a park then they are an idiot. The last few times I went to a park I wore a TPR shirt and I am probably going to be wearing a TPR shirt to Cedar Point tomorrow. Who really cares if someone wears a Coaster shirt to a park or not?

If you wear the loudest most tie-dyed shirt to a park you'll pick up lots of chicks.

It works!

That's why it's not a good idea to wear a coaster shirt. You want to spend your day getting more laps on your favorite coasters, yet you have to fend of mobs of girls wanting your sexy coaster enthusiast ass. It's even worse if you wear Axe body spray with the shirt. Good luck not getting raped.

I actually used to have a tie-dye Gwarzi shirt. I don't know where it is now, but I will have my TPR shirts for the Midwest trip. May I can meet some of these "girls" that everyone speaks of.

Also, I don't think ACE shirts or patch jackets work well (though the more baggage you have, the bigger the jacket, and the more acreage for coaster patches)

No, no, no!

Don't wear your nerdy coaster t-shirts to parks!

You need to wear t-shirts from these great TV shows:

Star Trek

Dr. Who

Lord of the Rings

Dungeons and Dragons

Yep, you won't be nerdy with these shirts!

Just kidding...wear whatever you want to parks, as long as it isn't obscene. It beats not wearing any clothes, IMHO.

No, no, no!

Don't wear your nerdy coaster t-shirts to parks!

You need to wear t-shirts from these great TV shows:

Star Trek

Dr. Who

Lord of the Rings

Dungeons and Dragons

Yep, you won't be nerdy with these shirts!

Just kidding...wear whatever you want to parks, as long as it isn't obscene. It beats not wearing any clothes, IMHO.

At IB it is acceptable to run around shirtless, for guys only. Or half the guys do.

I have about 13 coaster shirts (all the shirts I own are coaster shirts) and I never had any problems with it.

If you wear the loudest most tie-dyed shirt to a park you'll pick up lots of chicks.

It works!

Thats true. I've had that happen a lot.