TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster T-Shirts

KevRus

oh wow thanks for the replies guys. I definitely snorted a few times.

Well, I will most definitely be linking my friend to this thread. I know I can choose whatever I want to wear, and I definitely won't let my friend decide my fashion sense for me. I just thought it was funny that he was so scared away by my t-shirt.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to Cedar Point and I think I'll wear my Millennium Force t-shirt, although Robb's suggestion is tempting...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I own a coaster t-shirt. I have a Planet Hollywood shirt which I got in Downtown Disney, a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt I got in USO and a t-shirt with the Aerosmith logo and it says PROPEERTY OF AEROSMITH on the back, but it doesn't mention that I got it at the gift shop for the Rockin' Rollercoaster anywhere.

I think its fine to where any shirt to parks. As long as its not what we see hear during the summer in Florida, people are like its so hot, so they strip down to a speedo, or women have a shirt with holes (purposely) in it (it comes like that) where you can see EVERYTHING, or the really obese people who try to fit into small shirts and are weird about that, I hate when people just have no respect in parks, especially smokers that smoke anywhere anytime, it really makes me mad, I saw a smoker in Land of Dragons at Busch Gardens Africa, and he was walking around, and kids were coughing and stuff, so I went up to him (he was walking right next to me) and I said please dont smoke I have asthma, and it really affects me (I lied to get him to stop) and he says stubbornly "Well walk somewhere else," I was so mad I got a park official to just go up to this guy, and WOW, he was rat out so bad by this guy for smoking around 5 year olds, oh man that was funny! But please remember park edicate.

I have a few shirts from some parks and also a TPR shirt. But usually end up wearing them when I'm not attending a park.

If the design and look of the t-shirt is good, I would buy and wear, but there are some rubbish designs out there that I have come across.

^^I think there's a big difference between a TPR Shirt and a Typical Coaster Shirt.

For the most part, our shirts are far less 'loud and geeky' then a coaster shirt...heck, *I* wear our shirts!!!

True but I still don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a Coaster shirt to a park no matter how loud and geeky they are.

Personally, I could care less with what other people think whether I'm representing being a coaster fanatic or not. It's me that has to wear it, not them. When picking up shirts at parks though, I refrain from ones that look hideous/have ugly logos (typical "I survived.... at Paramounts...." shirts are a definite bypass for me.) However, I pick up what looks like some nice graphic design work done to represent the park/coaster, has a nice logo (Like Medusa), or a generic coaster enthusiast shirt (Found one that says "You might be a coaster freak if you...." and carries on with the list of stuff being a coaster freak.)

I usually wear these pretty often at home/work/store....where ever.

Being a proud enthusiast, I own:

Riddler's Revenge

Medusa

V2 (SFMW old V2)

Medusa (SFMW)

generic "Great America" (has Top Gun, and 2 other cedar fair rides)

Coaster Freak (PGA edition, markdown to $5)

Riding High (SFMW)

Loopy (SFMW)

and of course, you already know...which is how I met a TPR member at SCBB last month.

FIXED!

^^We should file him under "People who will never get laid."

People Who Will Never Get Laid

1. Star Trek Guy

2. Barry

3. Jahan

The answer is obvious...Jahan and I need to make sweeeeeeeeeeeet love.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not own, and probably never will own a tshirt of any kind relating to a theme park, or ride or whatever, but thats my personal choice.

The idea of an unspoken rule about tshirts I would've thought is a bit strange, besides which you shouldn't not do something of this nature you want to do beacause someone tells you its uncool or an unwritten rule. At the end of the day if you're an enthusiast, it just means you like coasters/rides/parks and talking about them, I really dont think people mind how you dress! As long as its not the method described up there ^^^ by adreneline rush

I think its fine to where any shirt to parks. As long as its not what we see hear during the summer in Florida, people are like its so hot, so they strip down to a speedo, or women have a shirt with holes (purposely) in it (it comes like that) where you can see EVERYTHING, or the really obese people who try to fit into small shirts and are weird about that, I hate when people just have no respect in parks, especially smokers that smoke anywhere anytime, it really makes me mad, I saw a smoker in Land of Dragons at Busch Gardens Africa, and he was walking around, and kids were coughing and stuff, so I went up to him (he was walking right next to me) and I said please dont smoke I have asthma, and it really affects me (I lied to get him to stop) and he says stubbornly "Well walk somewhere else," I was so mad I got a park official to just go up to this guy, and WOW, he was rat out so bad by this guy for smoking around 5 year olds, oh man that was funny! But please remember park edicate.

My eyes hurt reading this. Ever hear of paragraphs and periods?

I used to hang out with a guy that would buy concert t-shirts (this is about 25 years ago). He had a rule that he would not wear a concert t-shirt to another concert unless it was to see the same band. He thought it was rude to wear (for example) a Styx t-shirt to a KISS concert. He had no problem wearing a Styx shirt at a Styx concert though.

I enjoy making fun of the people that go to the Toronto Champ Car race earing t-shirts with either NASCAR or Formula 1 drivers or teams on them. Why not get a Champ Car shirt?

My rule is that I do not buy coaster/ride t shirts. The only shirts I will buy are park shirts from traditional (or non-corporate) parks like Knoebels, Beech Bend, and SDC. I refuse to wear advertisments for multi-trillion dollar conglomerates like Time-Warner, Disney, etc.

(And the only Busch stuff I own is beer-related. After all, I've lived in St. Louis for 38 years!)

• 2 weeks later...

I try to wear shirts from parks very far away from the current park I'm visiting to avoid conversation. I also try not to wear shirts from popular tourist areas (disney, universal, etc). Then if I run into a coaster enthusiast who I don't know, they'll have a good guess that I'm a coaster dude.

I try to wear shirts from parks very far away from the current park I'm visiting to avoid conversation. I also try not to wear shirts from popular tourist areas (disney, universal, etc). Then if I run into a coaster enthusiast who I don't know, they'll have a good guess that I'm a coaster dude.

That's what i try to do. The only coaster shirt that i've bought that i didn't wear more then once was my beast shirt, people kept saying it looked like john deer or some ranodm kids movie. Lol.

I have a few HP shirts, a couple of Knoebels shirts and 1 DP T-Shirt. I usually wear them to school, but I only wear a the t-shirt of the park I'm going to when I go there. I might stick out a little if I take a lot of pictures though.