TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

3D photo of Vertical Velocity and Hades

Sometimes i like to make 3D photos. These are the latest two i created. You need red/cyan 3D glasses to view these. If you, a brother or sister have Sharkboy, spykids 3D or another recent 3D movie they are most likely the right color. The two DVD's mentioned are red and cyan.

You may even have some in a drawer from that 3D movie you saw at the theatre in the last few years.

The ones from your americas coaster thrills 3D won't work.

Remember, the glasses need to be red and cyan. red goes on left eye.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*digs around for that crappy pair of 3d glasses from that crappy Spy Kids movie*

WHOA ITS IN 3D!!1!

Awesome job making those images! How do you do that? With a basic photshop program like Paint.Net?

There is a simple way which is to take a photo and drop it into some software that will automatically turn it into anaglyph. This does not work well at all and is a waste of time. especially once you see and know decent 3D

The other two processes to make good anaglyph 3D. Both are a bit of a process, which is too long to describe in detail here. One is to take two photos. Each two and a half inches apart matching what each eye would see. Then you process those in software to create the 3D anaglyph. The other is to manually process a photo with software and create depth fields and apply them to a photo.

As i have mentioned, both are a process. Because of the work involved, you have to like doing it .

If you want decent 3D anyway.

They are very very cool. Luckily I'm at work so was able to nip into our outside broadcast store and swipe some off cuts of lighting gel. Do you have a website with any more on, if not why not it's bound to be a hit.

I forgot i had these on webshots. I did these by having the camera on a stand i made. I took the 1st pic then slid the camera over to take the second pic. All these where made with the left/right eye photo method.

You need to have the Red / Cyan glasses. If they don't clearly look 3D then you have the wrong color glasses.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/554639850MrACDY

I used my glasses from "America's Greatest Coasters" video -REALLY OLD!!!- but damn good job man. You should start your own post and post a new pic every few days, you could even take user submissions and work with them, would be great!

Yeah, the second one has depth but does not hurt.

Honestly i never looked into doing it with photoshop, but i don't think you can get good 3D with photo shop or everybody would be doing it.

It took me a few hours or more to do that last photo of the bird with special software to manually create the depth within a single photo. That just happens to be my style of doing 3d and i could have spent at least another hour on it and made it even better. As i said in the first post, it is a long process. Either you use the camera to take two photos which does most of the work or you create a depth map and apply to a single photo to get good 3d.

There is software you can find free on the net that say you just drop a photo in and it will automatically make it 3d. That does not do a good job. It makes a 3d like the one you did in photoshop

Do a google search on how to make anaglyph 3d. Then you will have to do a lot of reading. Or do a google search for how to make 3d from 2d. Again you will have to do a lot of reading then do what they say and get experience doing it.

It is just to much to be able to explain how to do it.

Until now, how many times have you seen or heard about it?

See, thats what i mean.

Just remember, if it does not take you at least an hour to create, it ain't very good.

Dropping a pic in software and one mouseclick does not do anything worthwhile.

By the way, I have tried a few diff paper and plastic glasses but the best are these particular ones if you are interested enough to buy a pair.

These are what i use. They realy do make a huge difference in the quality of the photo and 3d viewing. Not sure what the best price is but i think they are generally 7 dollars.

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/professional-3d-glasses.html

I do have quite a bit more. They are in production and packaging process for future sale so i can't post much.

Here is one more and that will be all i can put up for now.

Remember, you need red/cyan glasses to view. Red on left eye. If you don't see clear defined depth between objects you don't have the proper colors on your glasses.

You will also notice that my 3D photos look almost like a regular photo.

When viewed through 3d glasses you will see awesome depth.

That comes with lots of practice and experience.

Enjoy

anaglyph 3d

Thats probably why... This is going to be fairly interesting... No wonder why mine don't pop out instantly like yours...

Found a Photoshop tutorial on doing it with 2 separate pictures od the same object... Just need to work out how to do it with one image...

3d.jpg.1c11f91b0a98d5d185b4ba262f31076b.jpg

go number 1

3d2.jpg.e4076e1da2c4037e0ce636eadef02d5c.jpg

go number 2