TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stupid line goers who think they know everything!

It's happened to all of us. We've been near some people who think they know everything about rollercoasters. For example, I was at SFGam waiting for Raging Bull and these two guys were like-" There's this coaster thats like 1000 feet tall and it launches you into space." I'm dead serious it really happened.

Have you ever had a situation like that happen where you just wanna say SHUT UP YOU IDIOT!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever had a situation like that happen where you just wanna say SHUT UP YOU IDIOT!

Yes, and it always seem that no matter how much correct information you know, the idiot guy that's full of shit is always "right"

--Robb "So I've stopped trying to correct people, and instead I just laugh silently to myself at them..." Alvey

Thankfully, I've never heard anyone talk about rides with unaccurate information. < Oh the horrors! But....

Something I can NOT stand is people messing up the ride's names!!!

All of the following are real names i've heard....

Revenge of the Riddler

Superman's Escape

The Extreme

Screams

The Great Journey to Atlantis

Go Gadgets Go a coaster go

....something else that bothers me is when people put the word "the" infront of the coaster's name such as...

Let's meet by the viper!

Have you rode the X?

Michael " Go-Gadgets Go a coaster go is my favorite" Thomas

--Robb "So I've stopped trying to correct people, and instead I just laugh silently to myself at them..." Alvey

Yeah that's my theory too.

I remember when I was queuing for X with my dad and we were talking a couple of guys in the queue.

One of the guys says "the reason this ride was so expensive was for all the sensors on the track that tell the trains when to rotate"

Then his mate goes "actually, it's controlled by another set of rails"

And the first guy goes "ok, well I don't spend all my time looking at websites"

How about the "spoiler", my last visit to Halloween Horror Nights at USF after we did everything "Halloween" my sister never saw Shrek 4D...she happened to sit next to someone that apparently saw it one TOO many times and was saying all the dialogue line by line & even saying what was gonna happen before it happened. Kinda ruined the experience for her!

I usually let people belive what they want. It can be quite amusing to listen to people sometimes. A guy at the place where I work said he had ridden Uppskjutet at Liseberg (S&S spaceshot) and that it was probably a 100 meters tall. I guess it wasnt that far from the real height (56 meters )

JoeC and I were told that Tower of Doom at SFA was 800 feet tall by the ride operator. We chuckled.

If someone gets really annoying about stats in line I'm not afraid to use this line :

Them : This coaster is the longest and fastest coaster in the world.

Me : Can you guys not talk about this anymore? My sister died on this.

Them : (scenario 1)

Them : (scenario 2) Then why are you riding it???

Me : I like to pay my respects during the part of the ride she faded.

Them : :shock:

^ ROFL

My buddy and I do that too.

"Wait.. where the main brake fin? It _USED_ to be right there.. wonder if that's why they had that delay a few minutes ago."

Usually only to people annoyingly loud and obnoxious..

"Oh.. yeah.. well, they only close it for five minutes for vomit.. if they say it is going to be 20 minutes.. that means someone had a fatal hemmorhage and they have to get the blood off the car.."

Maeryk

I've never had to deal with the know-it-all types in line, but I have had the obnoxious types stand in line with me.

I remember going to WDW once and standing in line for Space Mountain. A couple of teens were in back of me having all kinds of engaging conversations. Here's a sample of one such illuminating exchange.

Idiot 1: (feigning fear as we enter a dark area of the queue) Oh wow, I'm so scared.

Idiot 2: Really? are you gonna shit an eggroll?

(both idiots continue to laugh and talk about stupid stuff)

The funny thing is, right in the middle of one of their idiotic exchanges, my sunglasses suddenly came apart and fell off of my face! It was as if their aura of combined stupidity was somehow affecting the enviornment. :shock:

Who cares about other people, and what they don't know. Just say, "F*** it!" and let the idiots be. If your at a park, it's about you and whom ever you might be with. Enjoy every minute you have, because thinking about other people stupid shit, is just a waste of time. It's your time.

YEAH! is good!

Yeah that's my theory too.

I remember when I was queuing for X with my dad and we were talking a couple of guys in the queue.

One of the guys says "the reason this ride was so expensive was for all the sensors on the track that tell the trains when to rotate"

Then his mate goes "actually, it's controlled by another set of rails"

And the first guy goes "ok, well I don't spend all my time looking at websites"

Yeah, that's always the most annoying thing....

They make some stupid comment, then you correct them, then suddenly you are the "bad guy" for actually having intelligent accurate information!

That always seems to be someone's defense for being wrong. "Oh, well, I'm not a dork who geeks out on coasters!"

--Robb "No matter what, it's always YOUR fault...which is why I say I just laugh at them silently to myself." Alvey

Ah, you guys haven't lived until you've waited in line with someone telling us how he helped design Superman: The Escape. Or the guy walking around SFA with a clipboard, telling us that he and his friends were about to buy 50% of Six Flags...

Dave "crazy people always find me" Thomas

^ OMG! I forgot about that guy at SFA. That was probably the single most creepy experience of any of my dealings with coaster enthusiasts.

Picture a guy, wearing shorts and a suit jacket. Holding a clip board telling us that he owns 49% of the Six Flags company and he is going around making notes on things to change at SFA because he is in negotiations to buy out the remainder of the company.

Also note that the guy seems to be about 21 (maybe) years of age.

And no matter what we said to him to fuck with the guy, he was ABSOLUTELY persistent that he owned 49% of the company, he was buying Six Flags, and he was there to make changes!

It was weird.

--Robb "That's certainly more creepy than any mis-informed 'know-it-all' member of the GP!" Alvey

Or the guy walking around SFA with a clipboard, telling us that he and his friends were about to buy 50% of Six Flags...

Yeah, SFA has a couple resident retards too. There's the fat guy who dresses like a WWE wrestler and walks his invisible dog, leash and all!

Then there was the younger black guy who was first in line at the gates, every day, for years. He was a riot, he would just yell at people in line. It's sad, however, that his parents opted to make SFA their son's babysitter. BTW, I think he got banned from the park. I haven't seen him in a couple years. I did witness him grabbing some girls tits once. Oh, and one day, I saw him riding Mind Eraser over and over. I asked him why, and he said he had his first kiss on the ride.

-kip-

In line for an SLC (Kong @ SFMW)

Random kong rider: How fast does this ride go? My friend's curious.

Kong Ride Op: This ride goes about 80 Mph.

Me: Hey, how fast do you think this coaster goes?

Cousin: I dunno..probably 50 Mph

Me: You're correct. It doesn't go 80.

Another time @ SCBB we were in line for the haunted castle ride, half way through as some preppy teenage girls try to line hop to get to the "rest of their group." We blocked them and told them that they can't cut. They said "Oh, our friends are up there." We told them that you have to go to the back of the line. They somehow managed to think they were getting their way by letting them go. As we got up to the ride op, he made the group wait as we got past them. The ride op told them that they were in the wrong all the way as they gave us dirty looks having to wait. We just had to laugh.

I've had a bit of an argument with some people about Scream and Superman Ride of Steel. People say that Superman: Ride of Steel is taller then scream, but technically, scream is taller since it's on a hill and the ride has the becon. If Scream was at the same level as Superman, then yeah, Superman would be taller.

Not trying to start an arguement but Air Craft Warning Beakons on rides don't always mean the ride is above the height that a beakon is required. Many parks just put them on because stupid members of the GP see the beakon and think "oh, it has a beakon, it muset be really high".